The Flash The Villain Bar

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
MnC3liK.jpg

I thought this could be the place to talk about all things villain. Which ones you want to see, what ethics you want them to have, and the like.

I really hope they manage to stick close to the comics. With many of his villains being the blue collar type who just try to make ends meet. And they should have codes like not harming women and children, and carefully prepare their heists/attacks, in order to minimize damage.

I don't want everyone to be a ruthless killer like Arrow's villains. There should be a clear distinction between Flash's and Arrow's rogues gallery. Of course he has his own psycho villains, but not everyone should be a Killer Frost or Zoom, with no remorse for killing whatsoever.

Captain Cold
Mirror Master
Grodd
Zoom
Trickster
Murmur
Heat Wave
The Top
Captain Boomerang
The Shade
Weather Wizard
Pied Piper

They've got a lot of villains to choose from.

Captain Cold
Mirror Master
Grodd
Zoom
Trickster
Murmur
Heat Wave
The Top
Captain Boomerang
The Shade
Weather Wizard
Pied Piper

They've got a lot of villains to choose from.

I'm not sure Grodd would work in live action and I really doubt he would work on a TV budget.

I think the slow formation of 'The Rogues' under Captain Cold would be a great line to take, perhaps save that for second season, and keep season 1 more grounded with more freelance types, or setting up some of the guys we'll see in Season 2. Also, I don't think we should see the supervillain costumes at first, I think that should evolve naturally as Flash becomes such a visible public figure that the bad guys with powers want that same kind of recognition (and anonymity).

Keep the feel, but let stuff like 'bad guys kicking it in full costume at the local dive as though Law Enforcement will just leave them alone' keep that out of there.

Grodd can work, they just have to do it clever-like. Have him speak through Telepathy, get a guy in an ape suit, keep the movement limited. Keep the movement limited.

I think the slow formation of 'The Rogues' under Captain Cold would be a great line to take, perhaps save that for second season, and keep season 1 more grounded with more freelance types, or setting up some of the guys we'll see in Season 2. Also, I don't think we should see the supervillain costumes at first, I think that should evolve naturally as Flash becomes such a visible public figure that the bad guys with powers want that same kind of recognition (and anonymity).

Sounds like a plan. I'm already looking forward to the moment the villains team up, in order to stand a chance against Flash. I want to see them come up with complex plans, that are supposed to keep Flash occupied, as they do their thing.

Keep the feel, but let stuff like 'bad guys kicking it in full costume at the local dive as though Law Enforcement will just leave them alone' keep that out of there.

Grodd can work, they just have to do it clever-like. Have him speak through Telepathy, get a guy in an ape suit, keep the movement limited. Keep the movement limited.
It's a spin off of Arrow, they could get away with supervillain costumes early on. It's already been established that some villains in The Flash/Arrow universe have a taste for the theatrical.

I love the Flash Rogues. The Rogues are some of my favourite villains.

You have recurring villains like many of the rogues, one off villains and the season long main villains like they have Zoom, ect.

Besides the villains already mentioned some lesser known villains I wouldn't mind seeing include

Abra Kadabra
Turbine
Peek-A-Boo
Golden Glider
Rag Doll (creepy mofo)
Magenta
Girder
Clive Yorkin
Fallout
Mob Rule
Cicada
Alchemist

I'd rather it be more natural than just 'other people have good reasons so we don't need one.'

Sounds like a plan. I'm already looking forward to the moment the villains team up, in order to stand a chance against Flash. I want to see them come up with complex plans, that are supposed to keep Flash occupied, as they do their thing.

I'd hope they are each a threat on their own, and the idea of the teaming up is like everyone's worst nightmare.

Is it wrong that I'm already hoping that Slade will appear on the show? I don't know where they are heading with him on Arrow. But I hope he eventually gets captured, becomes part of the Suicide Squad, and once he did his time, goes freelance. So he could eventually face Flash, should someone hire him.

Though he'd have to go all Batman on Barry's ass. Because without prep-time, their encounter would look like this.

EaVBHFK.jpg

If they don't use Slade though, I hope some other villains will cross over. It would also be great to see some Flash villains, appear at least once on Arrow. Cross overs are just fun and really give you a sense of a big and connected world.

I want to see the Rogues bicker. There's nothing funnier than seeing them bicker between each other.

Oh I'm sure cross overs will happen. The Suicide Squad will be the bridge between the shows.
They could have Captain Boomerang join the Squad.

Zoom for sure. Got to have that villain who's the "polar opposite" of the hero...!

I always wanted to ask. Is this Zoom in the New 52, or someone else entirely? He looks pretty dope, and I would like to see him on the show.

33Tf9wO.jpg

I'd like to see most of the rogues in the first season as Barry foils there plots. Then for a season finale or in a second season they join together to take the Flash down.

there's the Turtle- Barry's first adversary in the comics. He works through slow, carefully planned heists. doesn't wear any costume, and as no real powers- Perfect for the show to adapt.
Captain Boomerang can work easily too- they should do it almost exactly like his first appearance- Toy company hires him as a promotional mascot to sell boomerangs, and make them a new hit, hence the name and costume.
But I would leave out the part where he takes the flash to meet his parents, who vouch for his honest character.

I always wanted to ask. Is this Zoom in the New 52, or someone else entirely? He looks pretty dope, and I would like to see him on the show.

That's Reverse-Flash in New 52. Not Thawne.

I'm guessing Zoom will be a separate character.

Grodd is a very brutal and physical character, it seems like reducing him to a guy in a ape suit who hardly moves is not the best way to do things. I think Grodd is one of those characters who works far better in animation or comics then in live action.

there's the Turtle- Barry's first adversary in the comics. He works through slow, carefully planned heists. doesn't wear any costume, and as no real powers- Perfect for the show to adapt.
Captain Boomerang can work easily too- they should do it almost exactly like his first appearance- Toy company hires him as a promotional mascot to sell boomerangs, and make them a new hit, hence the name and costume.
But I would leave out the part where he takes the flash to meet his parents, who vouch for his honest character.

One thing I never understood about Captain Boomerang, how is he a threat to a guy who can move at superhuman speed? It seems like Flash could take him out in a second if he felt like it.

:huh: Maybe Flash constantly forgets how boomerangs work?

:up::up::up:

Is it wrong that I'm already hoping that Slade will appear on the show? I don't know where they are heading with him on Arrow. But I hope he eventually gets captured, becomes part of the Suicide Squad, and once he did his time, goes freelance. So he could eventually face Flash, should someone hire him.

Though he'd have to go all Batman on Barry's ass. Because without prep-time, their encounter would look like this.

EaVBHFK.jpg

If they don't use Slade though, I hope some other villains will cross over. It would also be great to see some Flash villains, appear at least once on Arrow. Cross overs are just fun and really give you a sense of a big and connected world.

Awesome panel. Great comic.

I'd love to see all of them appear and in costumes as close to their comics counterparts as possible, even if that is unlikely...I think it'd be a lot of fun and very entertaining.

Welcome back Kevin Smith!

So with Captain Cold, do you guys think he should have the gun or freeze powers? In the new 52, he's a lot more formidable. He's a metahuman with ice powers, and he could slow the molecules around him, enough so that when Flash gets near him, he moves like a regular human.

Good to be back, buddy. :D

The traditionalist in me wants the freeze gun because it is just so damn cool, but I've never been a fan of most of the Rogues not having any superpowers....I think at least half of them having natural powers would make them more threatening to The Flash, but I'd want them to find a way to do it that keeps the classic elements of them as far as characterizations and visuals and what they can do in tact...if they can give them powers and still incorporate much of their weaponry (and their traditional looks) then so much the better.

I hate sleeveless, vest-wearing Captain Cold.

Last edited:
Season one big bad- captain cold
Season two big bad- gorilla grodd
Season three big bad- reverse flash

Throw in mirror master weather wizard andtrickster in there somewhere

Love Flash's [Barry's] Rogues and hope that we get to see them all but I'd additionally love to see some of Wally's bad guys too - have a particular soft spot for the likes of Speed McGee [hell, we saw him in the old TV show] and Blue Troika/Red Trinity/Kapatalist Kouriers. Of course, I realise that they may just decide to keep the speedsters on the show to a minimum, what with Barry, Zoom and [maybe, hopefully] Jay.

I say Abra Kadabra should show up as a Big Bad-wannabe, start handing out the traditional Rogue weapons, but the second Cold figures out how his gun works and Mirror Master learns how to use his weapon, Kadabra is demoted and we get the traditional rogues.

Also, I demand that Boomerang being caught, put on the Suicide Squad, released and being caught again become a running gag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"