Justice League The Villains of Justice League

Rockstar

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who should the JL team go up against in this film?

Keeping in mind that JL needs to introduce and develop most of the superheroes in their roster to audiences first, screentime is limited.

I think it would be practical and time-efficient to use Zod from "Man of Steel" as the main villain. He would be played by Michael Shannon.

09%2009%20Michael%20Shannon.jpg

Zod would be accompained by Brainiac, another Kryptonian supervillain.

Audiences would already be introduced to Krypton in "Man of Steel" so these would be easy villains to establish.

Just for fun darkseid before marvel can do thanos, haha.

Thanos is coming in 2015.

Marvels already won.

starro for the first movie

darkseid for the second

Darkseid. I don't see how they can't use Darkseid just cos Marvel is using Thanos.
Or Brainiac/Metallo or Brainiac/Lex combo.

Vandal Savage, baby.

And played by this guy.

ian_mcshane_headshot_2011_a_p.jpg

Darkseid. I don't see how they can't use Darkseid just cos Marvel is using Thanos.
Or Brainiac/Metallo or Brainiac/Lex combo.

Oh The Irony!!!

Warner Brothers doesn't want to use Darkseid becasue they don't want to be seen as copying Marvel's Thanos yet Thanos is a copy/combination of DC's Metron and Darkseid.
ThanosThrone.JPG
Metron_6.jpg

scaled.php
1568997-darkseid_vs_superman_super.jpg

Last edited:
I really would prefer a more Earthly threat. Especially for a first film. Allows them to focus more on the characters and their immediate surroundings. Gives them room to expand in any sequels.

Well if they don't wanna completely forget Green Lantern, Sinestro could work... I mean, they did already set it up for his return, and you can use several members of the Sinestro Corps.

Besides, I really wanted to see more of Mark Strong as Sinestro, and I think he'd be a strong villain type to start a franchise with.

Last edited:
I really would prefer a more Earthly threat. Especially for a first film. Allows them to focus more on the characters and their immediate surroundings. Gives them room to expand in any sequels.

How about Ares and his undead Army. Plus you could possibly add a ton of Mythological Creatures too. I don't know if Wonder Woman has done any thing with Echidna and her children (Most of the major monster and Greek Mythology) or with the Titians.
1100069-ares__02__001__01__super.png

Last edited:
starro for the first movie

darkseid for the second

A combination of Starro (as the final boss) and mind controlled aliens (kinda like the headcrabs of HL). With a story similar to the first three chapters of JL and New Frontier. With Martian Manhunter as the starter.

Darkseid could be for the second or third film if:

Vandal Savage, baby.

And played by this guy.

ian_mcshane_headshot_2011_a_p.jpg

They go with Vandal Savage and JL:Doom kind of story.

Darkseid:
darkseid_doodle_by_nebezial-d2zpmnd.jpg

Starro:
797325-starroimage.jpg

Or Vandal Savage who takes over OMAC's and AMAZO.

I'd expand on and adapt the Justice League New 52 origin with Darkseid

Darkseid.

618w_darkseid_teaser.jpg

Maxwell Lord and the OMACs.

d+cmaxlord.png

OMAC_Virus.jpg

Despero.

746659-despero_7.jpg

The White Martians.

WhiteMartian.jpg

Starro.

starro.jpg

The Center.

justice-league-the-new-frontier-island_center_enemy.jpg

For the first movie, either have an enemy team (the Injustice gang anyone?) or an alien invasion. I kind of sort of lean towards the first option since the Avengers has already done the alien invasion thing and people in the general audience would probably rage about that calling it an "Avengers ripoff". However, they could do the alien invasion with named villains with faces (like the Appellexians from the original Justice League stuff).

I wouldn't go right into things introducing a heavy hitter like Darkseid or Doomsday. Save that for a sequel. Brainiac also may be too big of a villain for a start up. I may get hate for this, but I'm not a fan of Starro and for a live action movie, that could end up being really cheesy unless if they changed his form (sort of like Galactus in FF2 although that didn't sit well with fans...)

In any case, I would want the villain to be able to connect with all of the characters somehow and not just be specialized to one character (like Bizzaro as opposed to Superman or Sinestro as opposed to Lantern).

I want the Legion of Doom. Make sure this guy is the main enforcer.

mark_strong_sinestro_corps_by_pyrod.jpg

The right hand man to Luthor or Grodd or Savage. Whoever leads the Legion, Sinestro has to be front and center of the group.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

Darkseid should be saved for the second or third film. Final Crisis made me really enjoy the character and see how he should be portrayed.

What about Intergang. That way there can be more "realistic" earthly threats while having a big villain like Darkseid working behind the scenes.

I guess if they use any alien threat there will comparisons to Avengers.

I liked in New Frontier when there was a sinister force making people behave a certain way. That can be achieved with villains like Darkseid/Starro/Brainiac etc.

What about Intergang. That way there can be more "realistic" earthly threats while having a big villain like Darkseid working behind the scenes.

I guess if they use any alien threat there will comparisons to Avengers.

I liked in New Frontier when there was a sinister force making people behave a certain way. That can be achieved with villains like Darkseid/Starro/Brainiac etc.

A full scale Darkseid invasion movie should be saved for the last Justice league movie. It should be a world wide even.

I think I'd go with the Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom, it would really set this film apart from The Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"