Justice League What if Justice League bombs?

I hear you Thundercrack85, but I remember when people were all psyched for Superman Returns and expecting it to be a hit. Don't know how MOS will go down, I'm hoping it's a hit, but we'll see

I can understand why vigilantes like Batman and Daredevil would prefer to keep their identities hidden - though that doesn't excuse the use of a mask that covers just the upper portion of the face. But it definitely detracts from the "realism" of the Dark Knight Trilogy that Gordon doesn't figure out that the only person in Gotham that could possibly be Batman is, in fact, the Caped Crusader.

And Superman, who operates in full daylight, with the full approval (usually) of local and national authorities and with his face completely uncovered cannot have a traditional secret identity without everyone who has ever seen Clark Kent looking foolish. Perhaps I am jaded - way too many of the Superman comics I read as a child involved Supes going to extraordinary lengths to conceal his identity, using super-ventriloquism and super-hypnosis so that he could safely do battle with underpowered antagonists like the Toy and Terra men. And the character simply doesn't need it - he could still keep a secret identity by using a journalistic pen name (Calvin Ellis?) and keeping his ties to Lois, Jimmy and Perry. The public would know him as Clark Kent, the nice boy from Kansas who grew up to be the man the tourists call "Superman".

It's wishful thinking, but I am hoping the reboot does away with Clark's dual identities. Otherwise we're certain to get a scene in which Amy Adams looks directly at a glasses-free Henry Cavill and asks "Have you seen Clark?"

It hasn't, the glasses are in. It's a disguise that works just fine, and your suggestion is near enough the exact same disguise.

That being said though, I dont think JL will flop commercially. It could end up not being that good, but the fact that it has superheroes teaming up. Namely Batman and Superman I think will make it guranteed money

You dumb mother****er

Man, I really needed to chill the **** out a bit more in this thread 4 years ago.

You know what? Screw it. I apologise to some of the posters here who had to deal with some of my **** 4-5 years ago. Life wasn't going well back then.

You know what? Screw it. I apologise to some of the posters here who had to deal with some of my **** 4-5 years ago. Life wasn't going well back then.

Yea, you sucked!!! lol If your lucky i just may except your apology! Lmao :woot:

I think most of the members I remember being "bad" got banned or at least don't come on anymore.

I do see some "good" members that are worse now than in the past

Last edited:
TASM did fine. Could it have done better? Yes. But factor in the bad taste in people's mouths after Spider-Man 3, the fact that it's a reboot that wasnt really doing anything new, the fact that the villain being used wasn't well known, and also the fact that the WOM wasnt great (Im not saying the movie was bad or that people thought that. I'm saying that it wasnt like people were talking about it as much) it did fine.

I expect TASM2 to do better.

But more importantly, what does that have to do with Justice LEague

you damned fool

I think most of the members I remember being "bad" got banned or at least don't come on anymore.

I do see some "good" members that are worse now than in the worse

Best part of resurrecting old threads is to see how many "Banned" posters you can count on a single page, haha.

Even before MOS debuted. lol, that's great foresight.

The initial stepping stones i remember back then was loosely:

Man of Steel -> Justice League -> Solo Spinoffs/MoS Sequel -> JL 2

You dumb mother****er

I'm still waiting for you to post a video of you eating your shoe, as you swore you would do if this opened to less than $100m. :o

To the thread title: then it bombs. Life won't stop and everyone will go back to their normal lives. It's just a movie.

I'm still waiting for you to post a video of you eating your shoe, as you swore you would do if this opened to less than $100m. :o

Be cool man, be cool. :(
Why you gotta bring up old ****?

To the thread title: then it bombs. Life won't stop and everyone will go back to their normal lives. It's just a movie.

Duh

Im pretty sure the OP meant what does it mean for the future of the movieverse.

Duh

Im pretty sure the OP meant what does it mean for the future of the movieverse.

Considering the way people are losing their minds, the obvious doesn't seem so obvious. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"