Justice League The Villains of Justice League

One does not just throw Darkseid in. He must be built up.

I think they should do the whole White Martians thing again, although it should be a requirement that none of the leaguers can be revealed to be imposters.

Unless, of course, it's something cool like, suddenly two Batmans show up, but the real Batman lights a match and throws it at fake Batman, revealing the ruse.

Brainiac: Benedict Cumberbatch

the idea of Vandal Savage being played by Ian McShane is brilliant as well

Sadly, the idea of Darkseid being the villain makes not too much sense seeing as Avengers 2 will have Thanos.. Obviously Darkseid wouldnt be copying Thanos but the general audience would think the two are too similar.

Max Lord and the Omacs IMO still works. I can see Edward Norton doing a kickass Maxwell Lord.

White Martians, in an adaptation of Morrison's original JLA run, could work well. That way they could tie in to Green Lantern with an alien menace coming to Earth, introduce the Martian Manhunter as the guy who hypes how destructive the White Martians are and helps form the team, and correctly cast Batman as the team's more covert member.

I say Legion of Doom as well. I'd like to see something similar to the mini series "Justice" which was like a more modern and darker version of the challenge of the Superfriends.

Of course, they wouldn't have as many characters as in that, but it could still be something similar. I'd like to see Giganta on screen too. :awesome:

I'd prefer to see villains that aren't tied to any particular hero, or who have become serious Justice League threats over the years.

I'd love to see Darkseid and the forces of Apokolops in the first film for The Justice League's origin story. I know its a huge story, but I don't think Darkseid is as big as it can get. Still, he provides a fantastic reason for the league to come together and a great introduction to the themes that Justice League movies should be exploring. And with his forces, there would be plenty of action. Despero could be used in place of Darkseid if WB is skittish due to Marvel's use of Thanos, and his role in events could continue into the second film.

In the sequel, after the appearance and establishment of The Justice League, Vandal Savage clandestinely forms a secret society of villains along with Lex Luthor. The core members of the society would depend on where other heroe's solo films were at the time, but the obvious choices are Savage, Luthor, The Joker, Circe, Sinestro, Professor Zoom and Ocean Master. That amount of firepower may be unrealistic, so it would probably more like just Savage and Luthor. Eventually, with a massive criminal organization (or legion) behind them, consisting more of cameos/cannon fodder type appearances of the more obscure/supporting villains, Savage and Luthor's organization would wreak havoc in an attempt to destroy the league and take over the world. Something of a step back from the scale of Darkseid's plans, but this story would feature rogue leaguers, fallen members, and the addition of several backup leaguers to oppose the rogue ones in Green Arrow, Black Canary, and The Hawks. Despero would have a role in this one as well.

For the third movie, I'd like to see a Crisis/Kingdom Come type film, with the return or initial appearance of Darkseid, perhaps as an Anti-Monitor/Imperiex type, the return of Lex Luthor and/or Vandal Savage, and a nod or smaller role for the Crime Syndicate from another Earth. Probably some Checkmate/OMAC elements too. There would be more classic leaguers added to the roster in this one as well.

Throughout the films, there would be nods/supporting roles for Starro (first film), Amazo (second film), Despero (first or second), Eclipso, and the White Martians. Maxwell Lord, Amanda Waller and Checkmate would have key roles throughout.

Last edited:
I want the Legion of Doom. Make sure this guy is the main enforcer.

mark_strong_sinestro_corps_by_pyrod.jpg

The right hand man to Luthor or Grodd or Savage. Whoever leads the Legion, Sinestro has to be front and center of the group.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

This. I want a Legion threat with Sinestro at the helm for the first film. Strong wanted a sequel anyways.

Why the hell would you choose Sinestro (who starred in a movie that was universally HATED) as the main villain in Justice League. Wtf? That makes no sense to me. And the fact that any of you want a connection to Campbells Green Lantern is so confusing to me. That movie sucked. Let it die like it should.

Why the hell would you choose Sinestro (who starred in a movie that was universally HATED) as the main villain in Justice League. Wtf? That makes no sense to me. And the fact that any of you want a connection to Campbells Green Lantern is so confusing to me. That movie sucked. Let it die like it should.

It makes perfect sense because:

• Sinestro is one of comic book's most complex and badass villains of all time wielding one of the strongest artifacts from the DCU.

• Sinestro is THE key to the Sinestro Corps War.

• Sinestro has already been established as a presence.

• Sinestro has a connection to one of the members of the League.

• Strong's Sinestro was universally praised by the critics and fans despite the film flopping and panning.

• Sinestro makes more sense than Despero, Amazo or Starro.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense because:

• Sinestro is one of comic book's most complex and badass villains of all time wielding one of the strongest artifacts from the DCU.
• Sinestro is THE key to the Sinestro Corps War.
• Sinestro has been established as a presence.
• Sinestro has a connection to one of the members of the League.
• Strong's Sinestro was universally praised by the critics and fans despite the film flopping and panning.
• Sinestro makes more sense than Despero, Amazo or Starro.

The first five points are only reasons why he should be the villain in a second Green Lantern movie, which won't happen, so obviously you just want him to be the villain in JL because GL2 won't happen.

Sinestro doesn't make more sense than Despero, Amazo, or Starro, give me 1 good story where Sinestro alone takes on the JL. He is a solo movie villain, accept it.
I'm sure much of the fanboy community would be dissapointed if he was the main villain. Despero Amazo and Starro are established JL villains, therefore they make much more sense than Sinestro.

He is much more suited to be a member of the Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom, which is the role he ALWAYS plays when he takes on the JLA. He has ties to one of the leaguers? The one member who recently had a complete FAILURE of a movie? Seriously man, let's get someone who is a bigger threat than Sinestro. Hal can beat him by himself, why would the whole JL be needed to fight Sinestro when the ONE Green Lantern can take him on by himself and win?

Hal has the whole corps to back him up, why would he need the JLA to beat Sinestro? It makes no sense to me. Let's use an established JL villain who can pose a threat to all of the JL.

Plus, if included, wouldn't this put the focus on GL? Of all the great villains that havent seen the big screen, why use one that has already been in a movie, and a failed one at that?

Let's give someone else a try, someone the fans have been wanting to see for a long time...
Someone like Darkseid, Starro, Amazo, Despero or Brainiac :)

PS, I don't think anyone wants to see the Sinestro Corps War be the story of JL movies, that is much more suited to a Green Lantern movie.. We need something that has to do more with the other leaguers rather than just Green Lantern............................

Last edited:
Sinestro would not be good, because they failed to show him as a bad guy in the last movie, other than some 30 seconds in a post credit scene.

The first five points are only reasons why he should be the villain in a second Green Lantern movie, which won't happen, so obviously you just want him to be the villain in JL because GL2 won't happen.

And what makes you so certain that Ryan Reynolds won't be attached to JL? Sequel rumors are apparently still alive according to several insiders.

No, Sinestro as a villain for JL could still be logical. Your hate for Green Lantern is merely blinding your judgement.

Sinestro doesn't make more sense than Despero, Amazo, or Starro, give me 1 good story where Sinestro alone takes on the JL. He is a solo movie villain, accept it.

Despero, Amazo and Starro require more attention in the writing department than Sinestro since neither of these three have yet to be introduced in CBMs.

Oh yes, The Avengers' had such a rich story when it came to Loki's invasion. Sinestro and the writers could possibly match what The God of Mischief accomplished. :o

I'm sure much of the fanboy community would be dissapointed if he was the main villain. Despero Amazo and Starro are established JL villains, therefore they make much more sense than Sinestro.

Who gaves a **** about what the fanboy community wants? A year ago, these same fans hated the fact that Nolan selected Bane as the lead villain. Fast forward to present day, majority of the fanbase (excluding the traditionalists and purists) is ecstatic about Tom Hardy as Bane.

He is much more suited to be a member of the Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom

Bingo!

...which is the role he ALWAYS plays when he takes on the JLA. He has ties to one of the leaguers? The one member who recently had a complete FAILURE of a movie?

Point? Green Lantern is still going to be featured prominently in JL.

A connection is a connection.

Seriously man, let's get someone who is a bigger threat than Sinestro. Hal can beat him by himself, why would the whole JL be needed to fight Sinestro when the ONE Green Lantern can take him on by himself and win?

I can make the identical debate point if I mention Loki again.

Imagine that.

Hal has the whole corps to back him up, why would he need the JLA to beat Sinestro? It makes no sense to me. Let's use an established JL villain who can pose a threat to all of the JL.

The Green Lantern Corps won't be featured in JL, Einstein.

Okay, and yet Sinestro possesses the Yellow Ring of Fear.

Plus, if included, wouldn't this put the focus on GL? Of all the great villains that havent seen the big screen, why use one that has already been in a movie, and a failed one at that?

This is getting mundane. You keep repeating the same debate point over and over again. How about because Sinestro a powerful villain with an abundant well-written history and he's being helmed by a fantastic actor.

How's that?

Let's give someone else a try, someone the fans have been wanting to see for a long time...
Someone like Darkseid, Starro, Amazo, Despero or Brainiac :)

Why would the writers waste Darkseid in the first installment? He's the JL's biggest threat and will probably be built up.

Brainiac is likely the next villain in the MoS sequel.

Amazo, Despero and Starro, like I stated, require more focus than a villain like Sinestro. An obscure outside threat to The League will probably require a larger set up.

Sinestro would not be good, because they failed to show him as a bad guy in the last movie, other than some 30 seconds in a post credit scene.

While true, the angle could lead to a very promising and shocking introduction for Hal, and Earth.

It simly wouldn't make sense for the JL to form because of Sinestro. He is the Green Lantern's problem, why couldnt one of the 1000s of Green Lanterns take him down instead of the Justice League. You and I simply aren't going to agree, and I'm sure most people on here are with me on this. Sinestro ALONE belongs in a Green Lantern movie not the first Justice League film. If he's in the Legion of Doom, great, I love Sinestro, but I would be severely underwhelmed if he is the main villain of JL.

Don't you see how stupid of a move it would be to continue on with a major focus on a character with a failed franchise? Please tell me why that would make sense.

John Stewart needs to be in this to get the bad taste of Green Lantern out of our mouths.

You can't even compare Loki to Sinestro. Thor was a success and Loki was already introduced as a good formidable villain in that. That movie made people care about Loki, no one cares about Sinestro save for fanboys like you.

How can Sinestro be ANYONEs first choice for a JLA movie?

Loki was the first villain the Avengers ever faced, Sinestro is typically faced solely by the Green Lantern corps or part of the Legion of Doom

Brainiac is typically a Superman villain but in the finale of JLU he is a main villain and used brilliantly, I think JLU should influence the film for sure

It simly wouldn't make sense for the JL to form because of Sinestro. He is the Green Lantern's problem, why couldnt one of the 1000s of Green Lanterns take him down instead of the Justice League. You and I simply aren't going to agree, and I'm sure most people on here are with me on this. Sinestro ALONE belongs in a Green Lantern movie not the first Justice League film. If he's in the Legion of Doom, great, I love Sinestro, but I would be severely underwhelmed if he is the main villain of JL.

And yet writers can do amazing feats with their imaginations and hands. Sinestro could very well be an extremely powerful villain for JL depending on the depiction. He can go from a Level 1 threat to a Level 10 threat.

Don't you see how stupid of a move it would be to continue on with a major focus on a character with a failed franchise? Please tell me why that would make sense.

There's nothing doltish or moronic about. That's just your disliking of the franchise talking again.

Once again, did The Avengers focus on Thor throughout the entire film? No. If anything, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner were the main focus of The Avengers, not Thor. So, who says it can't work with Justice League as well?

John Stewart needs to be in this to get the bad taste of Green Lantern out of our mouths.

No, he doesn't. That's just YOUR opinion just as mine believing John Stewart is perhaps the most boring Lantern of all time.

Brainiac is typically a Superman villain but in the finale of JLU he is a main villain and used brilliantly, I think JLU should influence the film for sure

The finale of JLU had Darkseid as the villain. Who is a DCU-wide villain.

No, he doesn't. That's just YOUR opinion just as mine believing John Stewart is perhaps the most boring Lantern of all time.

This I agree with, if Green Lantern is to be used, my order of preference would be:

Hal
Alan
Kyle
John
Guy

The finale of JLU had Darkseid as the villain. Who is a DCU-wide villain.

This I agree with, if Green Lantern is to be used, my order of preference would be:

Hal
Alan
Kyle
John
Guy

Okay fine, well the episode before the finale, which was TIED into the finale featured Brainiac and Darkseid

No it didn't, after Flash defeated the Lexiac hybrid, all that remained was a ghost in Luthor's mind, which then died in Grudge Match before the finale. Tala then uses a fragment of dead Brainiac to reconstruct the body that was destroyed in Twilight, but instead resurrects Darkseid.

As much as I love Sinestro, I don't think he is a big enough threat unless its a sinestro corp war invasion.

Why would the writers waste Darkseid in the first installment? He's the JL's biggest threat and will probably be built up.

I don't see it as wasting him, if the story and portrayal is good enough. Something even bigger than Darkseid can be built up for The Justice League franchise, even in the context of the film he's going to be the villain of.

And there's really nothing that says that if Justice League were to get sequels that Darkseid couldn't be a recurring element in the films, similar to Magneto and Loki, and by the looks of things, Thanos. Working behind the scenes even after his defeat.

No it didn't, after Flash defeated the Lexiac hybrid, all that remained was a ghost in Luthor's mind, which then died in Grudge Match before the finale. Tala then uses a fragment of dead Brainiac to reconstruct the body that was destroyed in Twilight, but instead resurrects Darkseid.

Dwayne said tala resurrected Darkseid on purpose as a screw you for killing me

Dwayne said tala resurrected Darkseid on purpose as a screw you for killing me

Well then in that case Tala is a ***** and deserved to die.

If Darkseid were to be used in an origin film, I wouldn't see it as a waste, I mean, look at Darkseid's first appearance in JL. He is not built up to, I wouldn't call those episodes a waste. I'd rather see the Staro I posted on the last page, but if the JL film is based off of the New 52 JL, i wouldn't mind them using Darkseid.

I don't see it as wasting him, if the story and portrayal is good enough. Something even bigger than Darkseid can be built up for The Justice League franchise, even in the context of the film he's going to be the villain of.

And there's really nothing that says that if Justice League were to get sequels that Darkseid couldn't be a recurring element in the films, similar to Magneto and Loki, and by the looks of things, Thanos. Working behind the scenes even after his defeat.

True, but Darkseid is THEE villain for the Justice League. His arrogance, intellect, strength levels, speed and armed forces are almost unmatched by the The League. It'll take a group effort to take him down.

I don't want him to go the way of Megatron by being someone elses lackey or partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"