BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel? I am going to leave of Lex Luthor and General Zod off the poll, I want to ask about villains who haven't appeared in the movies yet.

Braniac! He is long overdue for a live-action Superman film.

I say either Braniac or Doomsday for the 2nd film with Darkseid being the main villain of the 3rd film.

Brainiac, employing Eradicator and Doomsday from his menagerie to whoop Superman's tail and make his life horrendous. I personally would prefer Lex Luthor with Metallo and Parasite, but alas, not up to me.

I'm definately down with Metallo being the physical villain in the sequel as well, as long as they save Darkseid for the third film.

Obviously Eradicator, preparing the way for Brainiac....but what version of Brainiac are we talking about?

That's something that has to be considered before they ever use him. At his most basic, Brainiac is an alien with an advanced intellect who uses advanced technology. But he needs a motivation, and I'd rather it not be something cliche that makes him look like a Borg wannabe. Part of me wants them to go back to the very first appearance of the character, where he's stealing cities to repopulate/rebuild his devastated world.

Gotta go with Brainiac, I don't see Toyman or Mettallo as main threats in a film they could work as side villains though.

sequel villains should be Lex/Brainiac/Doomsday/Darkseid dont know how to incorporate all of that but i def want to see those 4 in a movie

I think it's hard to say until we see this film.

I mean, if MOS is exploring A LOT of the sci-fi aspects like some rumours are leading us to believe (alien ships), then Brainiac is a logic second villain IMO (and I'd hope that Lex would be in the mix too, because he should be in all Superman stories).

But if their going for a more Nolanesque type story I'd expect something more along the lines of Intergang/Lex trying to create technology that could fight against Superman (and other aliens, since their experience with Zod and Faora). I.e. Metallo/Parasite.

How about a threesome? Lex, Metallo/Parasite, Braniac. Or is that too many fingers in the pie?

ive never really cared for adding more then one main villain in a movie..i feel it rushes those characters.. that said Lex is one of those characters where he can work in a movie where he is the only villain or he can work in a movie where he is doubled up with another villain...in fact... id even say you could have lex brainiac and metallo in one movie... as it could be brainacs technology that builds metallo and lex can be the mastermind behind the plan..so I think lex can pretty much work in any situation

I sincerelly prefer Darkseid as the villain in a JL and New Gods movie than in a superman one, for the sequel i want either, Brainiac or Metallo, or even both.

Well, of the options available I'd definitely want to see Brainiac. And I want the Brainiac from S:TAS--with some of the Geoff Johns creepiness thrown in. There is no other Brainiac to me.

I'm with the general consensus that Darkside should be saved for number three, four, or Justice League.

But I want to make a case for Lex Luthor.

Lex Luthor is one of the greatest villains in the history of Supervillains--the fact that he's just a normal guy but occupies near the top spot in most polls attests to this.

Most times he's portrayed as an easily beaten, campy mad scientist. I loved Gene Hackman's portrayal of Lex Luthor, but it seems people can't get that version out of their heads.

Lex Luthor is a genius master-manipulator who plans several steps ahead of everyone else, untouchable by the law and has built an empire to rival anyone's in history. He's a complex individual who's battles with Superman aren't just about a hero and a villain, but the nature of a hero and good and evil and if those things truly exist.

Just like Batman Begins had Ras as the main villain before setting up Joker in TDK where we really got a dark examination of the two arch-rivals and the nature of heroism--I think that the sequel to MOS should do the same thing with Zod and Lex Luthor--with Metallo, or Metallo and Parasite (and maybe Toyman) providing the muscle for Superman's fights--until Lex Luthor steps into the power suit to take on Supes in the final showdown.

But that's just me.

If Lex appears in the sequel, I really hope he isn't the only villain. Because not only would it be yet another movie with him as the sole villain, but we'd once again get a Supes film without villains that haven't been in a movie.

He won't, him and Lex corp are great vehicles for Metallo or Parasite to make their appearances.

Can someone explain to me what it is that's so great about Brainiac?

Everyone seems to love him and wants him on the big screen, but why? What would be the amazing storyline with Brainiac as the main villain?

I mean, he's AI. He doesn't have a 'personality', or any quality I've ever particularly found enjoyable in stories.

Yes, he's a formidable opponent and could have an 'army'. But personally I just find him kind of boring :(

Maybe I just haven't read/seen the best stories. I dunno.

Watch Kubrick's 2001 with HAL, and you'll see why Brainiac has great villain potential as a cold, logical AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"