The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's something I can suspend my disbelief about. Within reason. If the show lasts for years, and all the laws are still well taken care of... yeah that's not right.

I do find it odd though that they haven't taken a dog on. An attack dog, or a guard dog.

But that's something I can suspend my disbelief about. Within reason. If the show lasts for years, and all the laws are still well taken care of... yeah that's not right.

I do find it odd though that they haven't taken a dog on. An attack dog, or a guard dog.

A dog barks too much. Would draw too much attention from walkers. Plus, with the limited amount of food, a dog would probably become lunch meat for the group/

Yeah, the stealth element is gone with a dog and a dog wouldn't be effective against a walker except to be a sacrificial distraction.

I was wondering about something from the comics...

Since it's not looking like Herchel's daughter is going to be brutally murdered, does anyone think Michonne's rape will happen? Seems like there's certain things that the show won't touch. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I guess Beth could still get killed. Since she's being pushed as Carl's big crush, that could be a way to make Carl more rogue or whatever.

Since it's not looking like Herchel's daughter is going to be brutally murdered, does anyone think Michonne's rape will happen? Seems like there's certain things that the show won't touch. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I guess Beth could still get killed. Since she's being pushed as Carl's big crush, that could be a way to make Carl more rogue or whatever.

I think Beth's murder could still happen and probably more likely than Michonne's rape.

I think Beth's murder could still happen and probably more likely than Michonne's rape.

If they take away Michonne's rape, it would be a huge disservice to the show. That and the subsequent torture of The Governor were her only major character defining moments. I wouldn't put it past AMC to do so though, they already omitted Carl's major character defining moment.

If they take away Michonne's rape, it would be a huge disservice to the show. That and the subsequent torture of The Governor were her only major character defining moments. I wouldn't put it past AMC to do so though, they already omitted Carl's major character defining moment.

I'm thinking that Beth is being set up to be killed so Carl can lose his **** and go berserk, or deal with it in a mature way. Character-defining one way or another. Why else would we see the awkward looks and Beth being the one to scold Carl for back talking Lori? She is Carl's crush but it simply cannot happen because Carl still looks like a kid. That's basically her only role on this show at the moment.

Which is a shame, because I think the actress ain't bad and she has a nice voice.

Why do they eat then?

The same reason they do anything else, I guess.

I don't know the where's and why-fores, and the rules vary from story to story. Maybe in The Walking Dead the zombies can die from hunger, eventually. All I'm saying is, I've yet to see any zombie fiction (including TWD) where it's been said or displayed.

I was talking to a friend about something similar yesterday. Basically, will the show be 'brave enough' to include some of the more extreme elements from the comic books? The show is pretty brutal, but so far it can't hold a candle to some of the stuff that's gone on in the books. Pretty much from The Governor arc onwards a few key things happen that I'm really not sure would be put on TV.

no sound? anyone else?

nvm guess just my hd channel

Last edited:
Michael Rooker's a regular now, too? :up:

So good already.
Loving the creepiness of The Gov so far. And Bionic Merle!

Michonne's scowl/stink eye combination is epic.

So good already.
Loving the creepiness of The Gov so far. And Bionic Merle!

Not really
bionic consider it's just a knife

Hmmm, I wonder if there's something in the tea?

ETM, you're going to be shocked when you see what's coming. :o

Next week is gonna be insane! My guess is whoever was lurking in the bushes last episode is the one who opened the prison gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"