• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS: AMC CANCELS WALKING DEAD AFTER 20 MILLION VIEWED FINALE
Speaking of ratings, the last time the show ended a season on a cliffhanger with Terminus, it returned to its best ratings ever. I wonder if that record will be broken because of the "who got Lucille'd" cliffhanger.

"I'M NEVER GOING TO WATCH ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE WALKING DEAD!"
*months pass*
"WATCH: TWD Season 7 Official SDCC Trailer"
"PUT THAT S*** IN MY MOTHERF***ING EYEBALLS AND LET ME THEORIZE ALL THE WAY TIL OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!"

I mean, I hated the way they played the moment, but not for a second am I going to sit here and pretend I won't at least watch the outcome.

giphy.gif

Speaking of ratings, the last time the show ended a season on a cliffhanger with Terminus, it returned to its best ratings ever. I wonder if that record will be broken because of the "who got Lucille'd" cliffhanger.

Honestly I predict it'll take another dip and have the lowest season premiere ratings. Probably under season 3 premiere ratings. After the Glenn death fake out/dumpster fiasco and the season 6 finale cliffhanger viewers have been fed up with all the gimmicks of season 6. It'll result from some viewers quitting the show, refusing to watch it live anymore, etc. Also season 6 didn't break any ratings records and already took a dip in the ratings.

Yes, a click-baity article pretending a minority of dissatisfied fans is boycotting a finale they hated as something new and novel to TWD is truly laughable.

Their demands aren't representative of anything but the most angry of the disappointed but the way the article headlines it is completely false.

I mean, I hated the way they played the moment, but not for a second am I going to sit here and pretend I won't at least watch the outcome.

I know. I hated that cliffhanger. But hell yeah, I’m back next season. Ezekiel is coming!

I also hate the people who don’t watch the show anymore pulling the ‘I told you so’ crap like they knew all along we were wasting our time watching the show.

As much as I want throw a brick at this show right now, I don’t regret being a Walking Dead fan. I love the show, I love the comics. It’s made my trips to Comic-Con more fun the last few years. I’ve gotten to see the cast at a few events and they are insanely funny and cool, and so incredibly nice.

It’s one of the few shows my whole family watches, so we’re totally bonded over it. I got to see the season premiere at Madison Sq Garden with 10,000+ people and it was awesome. I’ve made new friends from this crazy fandom.

Some of the choices they’ve made this year are definitely trying my patience, but hell yeah, I’m still a fan.

Same here. This season in general has been pretty stellar. And the finale, despite the cliffhanger, probably goes in my top 5 favorite episodes.

I don't know why, but the cliffhanger didn't bug me.

Same here. This season in general has been pretty stellar. And the finale, despite the cliffhanger, probably goes in my top 5 favorite episodes.

Agreed. I knew they were going to cliffhanger it, and I was pissed about it....but I think my heart was in my throat during those last few minutes. Watching Rick crumble was so scary.

Hm, I didn't think Georgia could get that cold. From the looks of it, had to be like...20-30 degrees.

They finish shooting around November, so by then it’s pretty cold at night. I remember seeing one of the ‘Inside the Dead’ segments on TD that said during the episode where Herschel’s farm was overrun, they had to digitally remove the breath showing from the zombie extras because it was 27 degrees out the night they shot that scene.

Except it isn't ******** unless you are one of those people who select what you care to read. Chandler Riggs, one of the cast said it so your smugness is unwarranted.

Lol... go away. No one was being smug... but they've said over and over that none of the cast knows.

Lighten up or i will lucille you and not let anyone know until october.

If it weren't for the cliffhanger, it might have been my favorite episode ever. Seriously. It was about to outrank the very first episode for me up until the cliffhanger.

I'm very torn about this episode's critical reception. I understand and agree that the cliffhanger was terrible (and it ruined the emotional sucker punch of the situation) ... But everything prior to the cliffhanger was SO good. I was loving everything about the episode prior to those final 20 seconds.

It's sad, because I've loved season 6 as a whole (it's been my favorite season, actually). This great season will now be remembered as the season that ended on that terrible cliffhanger. :csad:

Apologies if already posted, but we are getting that scene with all of Negan’s f-bombs on the blu-ray version:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/uncensored-negan-confirmed-walking-dead-home-video-release

I actually went back to the comic and counted up to the point where the show ended...he said the f-word 35 times in just that scene.

I believe the writers and the cast have been talking about the f-bombs on the Blu-Ray release for a while now.

It's nice to get a confirmation. :up:

Usually, I'm not the type of person to beg for more cursing and whatnot ... But the cursing is actually a big part of Negan's character. I'm not upset at all by AMC for the PG-13 level of cursing (it's the stupid TV censorship laws we should all be upset about on that, really), and kudos to them for getting an uncut version released on Blu-Ray.

Can't ****ing wait to ****ing watch that ****ing scene on the ****ing blu ray with ****ing Negan in all his ****ing glory :cwink:

**** you buddy you have no ****ing idea how ****ing ****ed you are.

I wish after all this backlash they'd just release the R version online in like a couple weeks or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"