The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. This season in general has been pretty stellar. And the finale, despite the cliffhanger, probably goes in my top 5 favorite episodes.

Same, on all counts. I'm kind of rolling my eyes at folks acting like Gimple hasn't been pulling his weight. The cliffhanger is a massive f***-up on his part, but I think he's the best showrunner the show has had.

6B has the been strongest run of episodes since a long, long time. I'm not even sure season 3 had such a strong streak. The finale did nothing to ruin that.

That said, I'm going to need more Jesus next year. It finally feels like they've introduced a new character who can join the ranks of the core group and it's been too long since someone has.

Same, on all counts. I'm kind of rolling my eyes at folks acting like Gimple hasn't been pulling his weight. The cliffhanger is a massive f***-up on his part, but I think he's the best showrunner the show has had.

My favorite Twitter response was during Talking Dead when someone said "Scott Gimple has the look of a man who just realized his show will be on every 'worst cliffhanger' list forever."

Hardwick was trying hard not to say "dude, you ****ed up."

Gimple always looks like the most uncomfortable dork in the world when he's on Talking Dead. I have nothing against him personally but his presence on that show always seems so awkward to me.

Gimple always looks like the most uncomfortable dork in the world when he's on Talking Dead. I have nothing against him personally but his presence on that show always seems so awkward to me.

Well, yeah, he's a writer. When he got into this, he probably never thought he'd be a frequent guest on a talk show where he'd have to endure Chris Hardwick fangirling over Norman Reedus.

Gimple and Weiss are a match made in hell

tumblr_o58wghNbyr1swwzu8o1_1280.jpg

Sawyer has some sand in his groin. lets continue

12932740_857911647687889_9103590353565991039_n.jpg

Ehh. Doesn't really work, considering you're seeing who is supposed to be beheaded, but...

"The best way to salt a mans heart... is through his vagina." -Negan October 9, 2016

Well, yeah, he's a writer. When he got into this, he probably never thought he'd be a frequent guest on a talk show where he'd have to endure Chris Hardwick fangirling over Norman Reedus.

He’s very funny too. When we were at the MSG premiere, he addressed everyone as “confused season ticket holders.” :funny:

At PaleyFest, someone asked if they were upset at shows that were trying to rip-off their show...the guy didn’t say the name of the show, but was clearly referring to Z-Nation, which had just started. Gimple deadpanned his answer with, “Sir, first of all I can’t believe that you’d think ‘Selfie’ was a ripoff of our show...”

I believe the writers and the cast have been talking about the f-bombs on the Blu-Ray release for a while now.

It's nice to get a confirmation. :up:

Usually, I'm not the type of person to beg for more cursing and whatnot ... But the cursing is actually a big part of Negan's character. I'm not upset at all by AMC for the PG-13 level of cursing (it's the stupid TV censorship laws we should all be upset about on that, really), and kudos to them for getting an uncut version released on Blu-Ray.

AMC is free to to let the f-bombs fly. They don't want to scare away sponsors or deal with any fallout. Only NBC/ABC/CBS/Fox/CW have to deal with censorship, the cable networks are free to do whatever they want.

FX's The People vs OJ Simpson had multiple f-bombs and variations air uncensored. You took notice the first time but after that it didn't matter and there was no uproar about it either.

AMC is free to to let the f-bombs fly. They don't want to scare away sponsors or deal with any fallout. Only NBC/ABC/CBS/Fox/CW have to deal with censorship, the cable networks are free to do whatever they want.

FX's The People vs OJ Simpson had multiple f-bombs and variations air uncensored. You took notice the first time but after that it didn't matter and there was no uproar about it either.

Scott Gimple explained at PaleyFest that the reason he didn't have the "They're ****ing with the wrong people" line at the Season 4 was more because he didn't want the final line of the season to have an audio cut. They could have done it, he just didn't want it to air that way.

I noticed Better Call Saul bleeped two f-words out of the final scene of their finale last night. :funny:

If fans are that upset, boycott the show and don't watch next season. That's the only way AMC will get the message. Instead, they will whine on the internet, complain to high heaven and then tune in droves to the premiere and then watch it again the next day.

The Vile One has never watched anything... been upset about it... and gone back to it...

never.

I'm still firmly resolute in my defiance. I will not be watching any more of TWD. FTWD is borderline but it so far has not angered me enough to quit.

I'm surprised anyone watches FTWD.

or started it, for that matter.

It is very much a weaker version of TWD, back when TWD was new and fresh and had we had no idea how repetitive it would get. FTWD also treats its audience like they have never seen TWD even though anyone who is watching it probably already has seen several TWD episodes if not regularly watches it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"