The Walking Dead: Season 1.5 RPG

Even after we stop, I don't get out of the truck of a while. I just sit behind the wheel, my hands tight on in. My mind's a crazy jumble, and I just don't feel like talking to anyone right now.

It's not fair. None of it. First, the city goes to hell. But we survive. And we start to get into a routine. And while nothing's normal, it was a start. We had our methods, and we were surviving. There was hope to making it through whatever was going on.

Then Rick showed up. At first, it seemed great. More people is better. And the guy's trained, just like Shane. And he had guns. That's the important part. Sure he could help keep guard, help find food. But guns. That's the priority right now.

But his arrival really screws everything up. I know it's not his fault. I like the guy. He's got balls as well heart. The last thing he wants to do is let people down. And he sure saved our asses back in Atlanta.

Yet, it sort of is his fault and Glenn's. If Glenn hadn't shown up in that car with the damn alarm blazing, the zombies wouldn't have found the camp. If Rick hadn't dropped the guns, we wouldn't have been away during the attack. If Shane had made sure more people were keeping guard, we wouldn't have lost so many people.

Who am I kidding? It's not Rick's fault. Or Glenn's. Or even Shane's. It's all of theirs. And mine. And none of ours because we shouldn't have been put into this damn situation to begin with. Jacqui shouldn't have. I smack the steering wheel with my hands in frustration.

We didn't ask for this, goddammit! It's not ****ing fair!!!

I scream silently until the rage finally passes. But all that's left is a big hole in my gut. I get out of the truck and make my way towards the others.

"So...what's the plan?"
"We're going to Fort Benning," I answer. I point down the road at Rick, Shane, and Glenn. "Those three are going to get gas for the RV. Shane's going to sacrifice his Jeep." Sacrificing the Jeep so the rest of the convoy can go on. Is that what I should've done for Andrea? Should I have sacrificed her to spare her the pain?

I shift the weight of the rifle on my shoulder.

"Well, I'm going to keep watch," I announce to no one in particular. I climb up the ladder to the roof of the RV.

Glenn stepped forward.

"I'll come too."

Rick exchanged glances between Shane and Glenn.

"That should be enough. The rest of you, keep well-armed, and make sure the convoy is protected. Shane, Glenn, we all need to stick close together, and keep an eye out for walkers."

Rick silently cursed at himself. Within minutes of vowing to relinquish any claim to leadership, he was already giving out orders. He just couldn't help it. He picked up his hatchet - and made sure his pistol was in its holster just in case - and the three of them headed off.

Glenn takes point while Rick and I walk two abreast. We trek down the road and I wait until Glenn is out of earshot before I talk.

"Listen, man. I'm really sorry about what I said earlier...It's just, all that crap that went down had me keyed up. I'm frustrated, angry, and just pissed off. Not at you, just at this whole damn situation. Ain't fair for me to take it out on you, you're only doing what you think's best. Same as we're all doing."

Glenn takes point while Rick and I walk two abreast. We trek down the road and I wait until Glenn is out of earshot before I talk.

"Listen, man. I'm really sorry about what I said earlier...It's just, all that crap that went down had me keyed up. I'm frustrated, angry, and just pissed off. Not at you, just at this whole damn situation. Ain't fair for me to take it out on you, you're only doing what you think's best. Same as we're all doing."

"Shane, there's no need to..."

Breaking off mid-sentence, Rick swung his axe at Shane. Before Shane could so much as flinch, however, Rick buried the axe into the head of the walker that had just lurched from behind a car at them.

"We've got company."

Before I know what's going on, Rick, Shane, and Glenn are walking off. Guess we know who's in charge now. Still not sure if it's for better or worse. I'm starting to think we're screwed either way.

"I'll go tell the others what's going down. We'll get some lookouts setup. I'm betting that boom'll be bringin' the geeks from halfway across the state." I check the ammo in my gun and start walking back to the other cars. I wasn't gonna say anything in front of the kid...but I don't know how much longer we're going to last...

OOC: Removed as promised.

Last edited:
Rick was taken aback. It was so easy to underestimate them, the walkers. They were slow, stupid, you always thought you could be a step ahead of them. But not for the first time, Rick now realised how easy it was to find yourself surrounded by them.

Over half a dozen were closing in on Rick and Shane, hungry eyes locked on the two of them, boney arms outstretched. Rick wasn't going to wait for them to get any closer.

"EEEEEEEEEAH!"

With a wild swing of the axe, he took the head clean off one of their shoulders. It spun through the air, then landed on the ground at his feet. The body kept on walking for a moment, before collapsing.

Last edited:
"Don't just stand there! Help me!"

As fast Rick could kill them, more and more walkers kept on coming. And if they were out here...

"Oh God, the others!"

It was starting to get dark back at the camp, and the others were gathered around the convoy, thinking of settling down for the night. They were unaware of the walking dead shambling towards them...

Back in the day, I was all about the nightlife. I used to think mornings were for sleeping off the night before, and sunsets were the signal of the good times to come. Hittin' the clubs with my boys, Pickin' up a nice lookin' lady. A little drink, a little dance, and then who knows...

Now...now I can't stand the night for obvious reasons. It's sunrise I look forward to, if you can look forward to anything when you're in hell. Night is when you're the most vulnerable, it's when you lose half your camp to a surprise attack. Just like before...

SNAP

I spin around, shotgun at the ready, heart pounding in my throat, blood rushing in my ears blocking out all other sounds. I'm ready to blow the head off whatever's behind me...

It's a damn rabbit.

I actually let a small laugh out. Damned thing. I think about shooting it, but the last thing we need is the sound of a shot drawing every damn geek in the state down on us. Figures, Daryl's the only one with a crossbow, and he ain't here.

I take a step towards the rabbit, and it bolts. And the geeks come out of the woods...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"