The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 11 "Knots Untie" Discussion Thread

Paul is a very stealthy escape artist. He was able to escape his cell (that I assumed was still being guarded by Daryl) and scope out the entire ASZ community ( that includes the armory and the residents living there). He even snuck up on Richonne in bed. That's got to be embarrassing for Rick's group. Better be glad he's on their side.

The hilltop colony looked like a small community. When Paul told Rick that their world was about to get whole lot bigger. And mentioned that they had babies at the Hilltop. I was expecting a larger colony. It looked like they had about 20 or so survivors residing there.
Yeah, I was expecting a bigger and more sophisticated place myself as well. Makes you wonder how they had lasted so long.

I was under the impression The Saviors "protect" the other groups in exchange for half of their supplies, but Gregory just said the deal is "they don't kill us", so are they left to fend for themselves? They don't even have ammo.

I have to say, this half is turning out to be great. I thought this was a really strong episode (partly because all of my favorite characters except Carol were in the RV for the trip to the Hilltop), but I couldn't help but feel dread for the group by the end of it. We all know something bad is coming.
Me too.

I have a huge sense of foreboding dread.

The group is way overconfident about Negan and the saviors. You just know the first encounter is not going to end well for the group.

It's weird cause I find it hard to believe Alexandria has 54ish people left, that seems really high but then again Ricks core group if we include Morgan is like what 12 or 13 alone so I guess i could be probable.

This episode was just excellent. I'm so excited to see Rick's group meet the Saviors. I hope Negan lives up to his reputation.

Great episode. Gregory is as *****ey as he is in the comic. I love how they're building up Negan's rep before we meet him.

I am just curious to see if they actually follow the Comic or not at this point in regards to a few of the characters.

I can see Glenn being sparred his fate as he is popular and it given to someone else, but Abraham I can see it happening. Perhaps Abraham gets Glenn's fate from the Comic. He has been acting weird lately.

SPOILER ALERT: The Walking Dead Episode 611 Flashback
[YT]rU6dhdVmdSY[/YT]

I was surprised Gregory gave Rick and co. most of the Hilltop community's food. Jesus told Rick that Negan never got as much food upfront, which is normally half of it. Gregory's taking a big gamble paying Rick up front before completing their task of rescuing Ethan's brother (who might already be dead for all we know) and taking out the Saviors. What if they fail? And imagine if Negan and the Saviors paid the Hilltop community an early routine visit and found out their percentage of food the Hilltop normally pays him with was lower and given to another group aka Rick's/ASZ? If Gregory wanted to show his gratitude he should've offered Rick and co. a small but decent amount of food. Then once Rick and co. completed their part of the bargain Gregory could pay them with Negan’s share. Maggie duped Gregory before even fulfilling their part of the deal to take out the Saviors. Was that a down payment ? Gregory must be desperate to put that much faith in a group of people he knows little to nothing about.

Good episode, love Rick's weekly badass moments as always, and yeah Abraham seems to be getting set up to die, but I wonder whether they are throwing us a curveball with that, as they have done before.

Jesus and his community are intriguing and even as a none comic book reader I have heard of Negan and it seems we are close to seeing him. Trouble is on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"