The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 4 "Here's Not Here" Discussion Thread

tumblr_ndhuxpjuua1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Kind of my thoughts as well haha. I don't mind when TWD has slower episodes and character development etc. But did we need an hour and a half to see what happened to Morgan in between all that time?

It didn't need to be as long as it was, no.

That hour and a half was a trick to promote those other shows. :cmad:

I was complaining last week about not needing 90 mins of Morgan's backstory but I don't know... I actually liked it? I'm a sucker for these kinds of mentor/student type of stories. Obviously, we knew that Eastman is not going to make it but it was still sad. RIP Tabitha! 60 mins was enough though.

Keeping that wolf was dumb as hell though. :argh:

RICK!!!!!1111

i don't think this episode was boring but it was kind of a drag to watch after the cliffhangers left of the last episode.

maybe this would've worked better as the premier.

I was complaining last week about not needing 90 mins of Morgan's backstory but I don't know... I actually liked it. I'm a sucker for these kinds of mentor/student type of stories. Obviously, we knew that Eastman is not going to make it but it was still sad. RIP Tabitha!

Keeping that wolf was dumb as hell though. :argh:

RICK!!!!!1111
I thought the episode was fine. A bit predictable but entertaining. I wasn't bored. :)

They purposely left us with that Glenn hanger last episode and then give us a whole hour and a half of something entirely different.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Glenn answers next week as well.

I enjoyed it but honestly this could have been an online webisode deal broken up, would have filled the blanks with Morgan in a good way while keeping the main story going.

And oh it was nice to see John Carroll Lynch too. :up:

I liked it. It was one of the best standalone episodes to focus on one character that we've seen on TWD. Unlike the episodes that focused on Beth in the hospital, I wasn't bored. However, it didn't need to be 90 minutes and the timing was bad coming after the last episode's cliffhanger.

I think it might've been better as episode #3. Although I'm sure having this after episode #3's cliffhanger was intentional. Those trolls! :funny:

About the preview for next week:

Maybe Maggie wants to look for Glenn?

I liked it. It was one of the best standalone episodes to focus on one character that we've seen on TWD. Unlike the episodes that focused on Beth in the hospital, I wasn't bored. However, it didn't need to be 90 minutes and the timing was bad coming after the last episode's cliffhanger.
so basically you're saying the pacing and the placing of the episode in the season's consecutiveness were the only negatives

i think i would agree with that

Last edited:
I loved it. This was a much needed episode for Morgan's character. There was a huge gap in time between "Clear" and the present day. Wonderful two man performance from Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch.

I enjoyed it don't get me wrong, just felt like maybe an hour and a half was a bit much for this episode. But either way whatever haha.

I've been a staunch defender of a lot of things on this show and even I have to admit this episode was boring and way too long. They didn't even need a full episode to tell this story. It could have been done in 30 minutes.

Very compelling episode (“Here’s Not Here”) that was a great and even welcome breather and a change of pace between the chaotic rollercoaster of the previous 3 episodes. Gimple did an excellent job connecting the dots with Morgan. Featuring very strong performances from both Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch. I really felt for Eastman [BLACKOUT]and was sad when he (and Tabitha) bit the dust[/BLACKOUT]. I also found Eastman’s backstory very interesting and tragic. Always enjoy these TWD bottle episodes.

I think the Wolf (Morgan spared) is too far gone and beyond saving, but would love Morgan to prove me wrong.

I loved it. This was a much needed episode for Morgan's character. There was a huge gap in time between "Clear" and the present day. Wonderful two man performance from Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch.

I thought it was a masterful illustration of why TWD doesn't need to slaughter zombies every week to be must-see TV.

I connected some of the dots with the little breadcrumbs they’ve given us about how PTSD Morgan became “pacifist” Morgan since his return this season but I believe this episode was necessary. Especially for those who have complained and had a difficult time wrapping their head around Morgan’s “all life is precious” philosophy.

I enojoyed the ep but they should have shown this during the mid season break as a special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"