The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 5 "Now" Discussion Thread

We were always going to get a boring episode eventually given the first lot of episodes have all been awesome. However leaving the whole Glenn thing a mystery for one more week is kind of weak the way they did it.

This episode, *yawn*

At this point, I'm just waiting for this show to end though that seems very impossible given the ratings that this show is still getting., I feel like they are just recycling stuff - zombie attack, man vs man, someone dies, slow-burn episodes focusing on a few people, zombie attack, find a new shelter, zombie attack again, and its not even interesting anymore well for me.

This episode, *yawn*

At this point, I'm just waiting for this show to end though that seems very impossible given the ratings that this show is still getting., I feel like they are just recycling stuff - zombie attack, man vs man, someone dies, slow-burn episodes focusing on a few people, zombie attack, find a new shelter, zombie attack again, and its not even interesting anymore well for me.

If you feel like that then just stop watching it. Why should they cancel it because you're tired of it?

I said I'm just waiting for the show to end. I didn't say that AMC should cancel it. So don't put words into my words. Geez.

I said I'm just waiting for the show to end. I didn't say that AMC should cancel it. So don't put words into my words. Geez.

I see I did misread sorry about that. Just curious though if you don't like the show then why continue to watch it? Just so you can see how it ends?

Last edited:
I get what they were going for in this episode with basically the Alexandrians having time to catch their breath from the Wolves and seeing for themselves what a hell the world has truly become with a few thousand walkers at their doorstep. And how they chose to deal with it either by accepting it or end it all. However, I dont think they needed a whole episode for that. They probably could've done part of this with the Morgan episode and cut some of that out. And then done the rest with more of the Glenn/Daryl/Abraham/Sasha storyline.

My guess is they're going to drag the Glenn thing out until the mid-season finale right before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Was that blood coming through the fence at the end? Or could it be oil?

Or have the zombies found a weak spot? That ending scene baffled me a little. Seems like it was something that could trouble the group.
I'm guessing it is coagulated zombie blood and is a sign that part of the wall might be getting weaker and will eventually let loose allowing the horde to enter.

I think it may have been just to show how much force they were putting on the wall (that the walkers in the front were basically being crushed into a pulp) and to remind Deanna just how close all of them are.

I'm guessing it is coagulated zombie blood and is a sign that part of the wall might be getting weaker and will eventually let loose allowing the horde to enter.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I think it was indicating they will get through at some point.

I see I did misread sorry about that. Just curious though if you don't like the show then why continue to watch it? Just so you can see how it ends?

Yeah, I never understand that mentality either. I mean, it's one thing if you think a show sucks and keep watching it because you hope it will get better (I keep doing this with Arrow, but I'm close to giving up). But if you think a show is terrible and just want it to end, there's a real easy way to make that happen--just quit watching it. The show might go on forever on TV, but you won't have to endure it.

I don't see the point in watching episode after episode of something you'd determined sucks and will always suck.

I thought this episode had some good ideas, but wasn't executed well enough.

I liked Aaron and Maggie's crawl through the sewers and her dropping the pregnancy bomb plus how she has to keep living. Tara pushing the nurse not to give up because it isn't the end of the world, and then Deanna being cold to it all until near the end.

Really, the worst part of the episode was Ron and Carl's slap fight and Rick/Jessie in the garage. Ron did have some interesting moments like during the speech, he gripped his knife and that he's going to have Rick train him how to shoot. Obviously he has motives, I half thought he was going to try and push Rick off of the lookout spot.

MxV1JIF.gif

The sewer walkers looked great and when Maggie put her hands through it was some nasty stuff.

After watching it for years, I don't feel like giving up all those years of investment to the show and I still want to catch up to the newer episodes to see if there's something great that could happen despite me not feeling the show anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"