The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking he's a plant as well. Going around, scouting other towns to connect with the Hill to give Negan even more food to threaten off people.

That would be hilarious if he turned out to be a shapeshifter and that flash-forward joke strip from #50 turns out to be the real future of TWD. Robot hand! :awesome:

I just hope that Andrea survives or Lilly Caul [blackout](the girl from the video game and the one that shot Lori and the Governor)[/blackout] shows up again in the comic book. I would love to see her and Rick meet and talk.

So what'd everyone think of #102? I liked the twist at the end (but I still don't trust "Jesus").

I liked it, especially Rick reminiscing about
Glenn's death. What he said was spot-on: Glenn's death wasn't like Abraham's or Tyreese's or almost anyone else's because he managed to keep himself relatively clean even after the apocalypse. He was never cruel, he was always willing to put the group's needs ahead of his own--in a lot of ways, he was very much the best of the group we've followed for most of the series. Losing him is like having what little innocence the group had left ripped away. Rick's noting that in this issue was much appreciated. It went a long way toward reducing the "cheap shock" feel of Glenn's death in #100 to me.

I've only dabbled in the comic, but with them being over 100 now, are there any trades of TWD by chance?

I've only dabbled in the comic, but with them being over 100 now, are there any trades of TWD by chance?

There's a trade for every 6 issues. A hardcover for every 12 issues. An omnibus for every 24 issues. And a Compendium for every 48 issues.

I'd suggest the HCs. Book 8 came out this month, and they are oversized, look great, and have all the covers plus some bonuses.

I think the book is going to be very obvious in its direction with Negan (at least to me this is obvious)
Negan is arrogant, that is his downfall and I liked his scene with Carl. Took it as foreshadowing. Negan is sadistic and thinks Rick's group is soft. Carl isn't. Carl is going to kill EVERYONE in Negan's group in a far more brutal way. Rick and his group will be disgusted at how Carl is now every bit as dangerous. Negan won't expect it either. His arrogance will allow Carl to get close enough. I bet Carl pulls a Kick-Ass.

I think the book is going to be very obvious in its direction with Negan (at least to me this is obvious)
Negan is arrogant, that is his downfall and I liked his scene with Carl. Took it as foreshadowing. Negan is sadistic and thinks Rick's group is soft. Carl isn't. Carl is going to kill EVERYONE in Negan's group in a far more brutal way. Rick and his group will be disgusted at how Carl is now every bit as dangerous. Negan won't expect it either. His arrogance will allow Carl to get close enough. I bet Carl pulls a Kick-Ass.

Can't tell if you're serious or not. XD

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Carl IS the one who takes out Negan but I don't think it will be in that sense. More like Carl is taken by Negan, ends up killing the guards who's watching him, then is watched by Negan in some way. Iunno. I'd rather see something worse happen to Negan. Something just....totally uncalled for and not seen coming.

Carl is like 8. He's a badass kid. But he can't take out 200 armed men. That'd be a bit too crazy and unrealistic, even for this book.

Ok the first letter form the letters page at the end of issue 102 may have been the funniest thing I've read in a looooong time

Someone move this to the Walking Dead FORUM!

btw i caught up to the comics this past weekend.

issue 100...what the eff man

I feel terribly hipster, but I think I'm starting to loath WD just because of how popular the TV show is.

All anyone talks about at work is "did you see what happened on Walking Dead last night?", "what do you think will happen next week?", "isn't it so shocking and suspenseful?"

No. You know what was shocking and suspenseful? The actual ****ing comic book. And now it's jumped the shark. So instead of watching a show that - while good - isn't nearly as good as the comics, why don't you try actually reading someone inventive and cutting edge like the newest indie comics out there instead of staring at a TV watching shows that don't even come close to the inventiveness, explosiveness and originality of some of the really good comics of the world?!

...and I'm done. :o

I feel terribly hipster, but I think I'm starting to loath WD just because of how popular the TV show is.

All anyone talks about at work is "did you see what happened on Walking Dead last night?", "what do you think will happen next week?", "isn't it so shocking and suspenseful?"

No. You know what was shocking and suspenseful? The actual ****ing comic book. And now it's jumped the shark. So instead of watching a show that - while good - isn't nearly as good as the comics, why don't you try actually reading someone inventive and cutting edge like the newest indie comics out there instead of staring at a TV watching shows that don't even come close to the inventiveness, explosiveness and originality of some of the really good comics of the world?!

...and I'm done. :o

I'm actually having an issue similar to that. I saw the first season of TWD before reading the comics, and loved it. Once it was over, I bought Compendium 1, and every trade avilable up to that point. I've kept up with the whole series from that point on. Problem is, I really miss that feeling of the first season where I didn't know what might be coming, instead opting to b***h and moan when things don't go with how the comics did it. And I kinda hate myself for it.

The comics are better, its a fact, but I admit if I hadn't read them, I probably would have been just like everyone else. Hell, it may have made the search for Sophia somewhat suspenseful if I hadn't complained all the way through about how far off and uninteresting it was from the comics. Still, nothing I can do now but try to enjoy the rid ein both media.

I like the fact that the book and show are on divergent paths. Instead of saying "Well this should happen!" I find myself constantly asking "What's gonna happen now?!" and I love it. And I still get that feeling from the book.

Wish I could do that with other franchises.

From Day one ( and I told Kirkman this to his face lol) I've been saying the TV show should have followed a different group... that would have stopped All fanboy whining (mine included)

Has anyone here read the "The Walking Dead" comics from 1989?

I just came across this blog from 2010, where the guy says AMC is adapting it for TV, lol. But I never knew there had been a comic about zombies called "The Walking Dead" before, it's in black and white too. It sounds really silly.

http://frightzone.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/get-ready-for-amcs-walking-dead-with.html

I have, and it is really cool. It is NOTHING like Kirkmans WD, it is very similar to Dead World. Fans of Evil Ernie would like it too. When I first started hearing people talk about WD in 2005 I was shocked cause I thought they were talking about the 89' one.

The tv show still holds its own suspense and surprise for me. Looking at the plot lines every episode I easily see that things are only following the comic a little bit. They take the base of how things happened in the comic and sort of flip it on its head. Just look at this season with the Governor. It's been far different from the comic. It's inevitable that I'm going to compare the comic to the show, but I am glad that they do different things on the show so that I'm not seeing a panel-to-scene rehash of what I've already read.

The tv show still holds its own suspense and surprise for me. Looking at the plot lines every episode I easily see that things are only following the comic a little bit. They take the base of how things happened in the comic and sort of flip it on its head. Just look at this season with the Governor. It's been far different from the comic. It's inevitable that I'm going to compare the comic to the show, but I am glad that they do different things on the show so that I'm not seeing a panel-to-scene rehash of what I've already read.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. I like how they keep important events still there though...you know? Not necessarily like

Rick Losing his hand, Dale losing a leg, Lori getting shot or Michonne getting raped

but more on the lines of

Someone important to the plot having a blade hand, someone losing a leg, Lori dying or Someone almost getting raped to make Glenn flip ****.

That way they still keep "plot points" but still can do whatever the hell they want and have us still be "shocked."

But back to the comics. (the word butt-back isn't in the TV show)

Did you guys read issue 104? How do you think this is going to play out now that Carl is doing something insanely stupid due to Rick? Didn't he think someone would take actions into their own hands because he has decided to back down?

I like that the show manages to be faithful to the comic , but you still don't know what will happen. They've done a great job with that so far and two of my favorite characters aren't even from the comic. I think we are getting the best of both worlds.

does anyone know when the walking dead no way out poster comes out cause i saw that it came out the 5th but i couldnt find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"