• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The White Stripes

They're pretty good. I have a couple of their albums.
 
they are a pretty great band
 
dude...f**king amazing band! they've been my favorite band for years now, since i first heard destilj. they're both GREAT people too...i live in detroit and i see them around quite a bit at shows and what not. they're always open for talking to people...well, at least jack is...meg is super shy and doesnt talk much to anyone. but, they're totally nice and super cool and rock harder than anyone else today.

if you guys like them, you should check out other awesome detroit rock bands like:
The Dirtbombs
The Sights
The Paybacks
Blanche
Cyril Lords
The Hard Lessons
Brendan Benson
Pas/Cal
Ko and the Knockouts
The Gories
 
White Stripes are good.


Motown- Paybacks are amazing. I saw them last summer.
 
If you like The White Stripes, you should also check out The Black Keys.
 
No,people always say,"If you like the White Stripes,listen to the Black Keys."
This excited me because TWS are pretty much the only Rock band around right now and I prefer ROCK!
So I listened to TBK.
They aren't fit to open for the band that opens for the band that OPENS for The White Stripes.

Jack White is a god.
He's a MATADOR!
 
The White Stripes rock! I love them:)
 
The Demon said:
No,people always say,"If you like the White Stripes,listen to the Black Keys."
This excited me because TWS are pretty much the only Rock band around right now and I prefer ROCK!
So I listened to TBK.
They aren't fit to open for the band that opens for the band that OPENS for The White Stripes.

Why don't you like them?
 
Motown Marvel said:
if you guys like them, you should check out other awesome detroit rock bands like:
The Dirtbombs
The Sights
The Paybacks
Blanche
Cyril Lords
The Hard Lessons
Brendan Benson
Pas/Cal
Ko and the Knockouts
The Gories

Aren't the Von Bondies from Detroit too?
 
But why not listen to blues or Rolling Stones records from 60's and 70's

and by the way, the Black Keys are the White Striipes done right.
 
Constantine J. said:
But why not listen to blues or Rolling Stones records from 60's and 70's

Yeah, that's some great stuff.


I like the Von Bondies alot too.
 
KingOfDreams said:
Aren't the Von Bondies from Detroit too?

yeah...but most people already know them...and while they're a totally decent band, they pale in comparison to the bands i listed above....especially bands like the dirtbombs, the sights, blanche, paybacks, etc...i just wanted to bring some much deserved attention to some lesser known bands....though most of them have been coming up pretty damn fast.

oh, and by the way....in the spring is the release of a documentary called IT CAME FROM DETROIT. its all about the detroit garage rock revolution that has been taking over the underground rock scene and reviving rock and roll. it incorporates like over 30 detroit bands and it's also gonna have a good amount of whist stripes stuff (The guy started filming it just as they were getting big). so keep and eye out for that. www.itcamefromdetroit.com
 
Motown Marvel said:
yeah...but most people already know them...and while they're a totally decent band, they pale in comparison to the bands i listed above....especially bands like the dirtbombs, the sights, blanche, paybacks, etc...i just wanted to bring some much deserved attention to some lesser known bands....though most of them have been coming up pretty damn fast.

oh, and by the way....in the spring is the release of a documentary called IT CAME FROM DETROIT. its all about the detroit garage rock revolution that has been taking over the underground rock scene and reviving rock and roll. it incorporates like over 30 detroit bands and it's also gonna have a good amount of whist stripes stuff (The guy started filming it just as they were getting big). so keep and eye out for that. www.itcamefromdetroit.com

That sounds amazing...but how can you have a documentary about Detriot garage without the f***ing MC5!? :eek:
 
I love this band. It's always good to see that music off the beaten path can every once and awhile reach the masses.
 
the defenders said:
That sounds amazing...but how can you have a documentary about Detriot garage without the f***ing MC5!? :eek:

well, theres only so far back into music he can go and still get his point across in a 2 hr documentary. this was actually a problem the film maker said he had....does he start back with MC5 and Iggy Pop...or does he start in the late 80's/early 90's with the Gories, etc....stuff like that. but, i believe he's wanting to focus more on this modern day rock revolution that the music from detroit has been fueling....so, while i'm sure bands like MC5 and the Stooges will be mentioned, its not really necessary to dive fully into them, because it would perhaps detract from themain focus of the film....though it goes without saying that those bands are obviously of great influence to pretty much most of the bands today being featured in the doc.
 
Motown Marvel said:
well, theres only so far back into music he can go and still get his point across in a 2 hr documentary. this was actually a problem the film maker said he had....does he start back with MC5 and Iggy Pop...or does he start in the late 80's/early 90's with the Gories, etc....stuff like that. but, i believe he's wanting to focus more on this modern day rock revolution that the music from detroit has been fueling....so, while i'm sure bands like MC5 and the Stooges will be mentioned, its not really necessary to dive fully into them, because it would perhaps detract from themain focus of the film....though it goes without saying that those bands are obviously of great influence to pretty much most of the bands today being featured in the doc.

I see. That's understandable.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"