The Dark Knight Rises The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes" should play during the credits

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
Even when you get past the fact that the lyrics aren't actually "No-one knows what it's like to be the Batman," the song fits perfectly with Batman's character, and thanks to the internet it's become more or less permanently associated with the character due to all of the fan-made Batman music videos that use it. So here's my modest proposition: if Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" can appear in the Iron Man movie's credits, why not have The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes" in the credits for a Batman movie? A quick example of how well the song and character mesh:

[YT]BvRys74yyng[/YT]

So how about it, would you like to leave the theater for Batman 3 humming that song? :D

I love the song and all, but..

Terrible song. Terrible idea.

Bad man? Sad man? Did a 5 year old write that song?

no guise dis would t0t4lly be da best.

The Who wrote that song. Does a five-year-old decide your musical tastes? :O

The song's a classic, but doesn't really belong in movies.

You do know who The Who are don't ya? Musical pioneers is what they are.

But na, I don't think this'll end up in Nolans Bat films.

I think it loosely fits Lex Luthor far more than it does Batman.

No, I don't think it fits Batman.

Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones, now that's a song that fits Batman well.

Paint It Black Lyrics:

I see my red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back

I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens every day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door, I must have it painted black

Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

If I look hard enough into the settin' sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin' comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I wanna see your face, painted black
Black as night, black as coal

I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!

Songs with lyrics don't belong in batman films. At least not Nolan's.

/thread.

:)

Paint it Black have lyrics that work well for Batman, but IMHO Behind Blue Eyes sounds more like a Batman song in its composition.

Songs with lyrics don't belong in batman films. At least not Nolan's.

/thread.

:)

I won't argue against your preference to have no lyrical music in Nolan's films, as I don't see anything invalid about such an opinion since the first two films worked fine without it. I just happen to think that Behind Blue Eyes is a great song that always makes me think about Batman, and since it's a classic its presence in the movie would be less glaring than a contemporary song would be.

Last edited:
what were you on when you put this whole thing together? Hans Zimmer does just fine for me

I do love the score of BB and TDK. But it wouldn't hurt if there was actual songs on there too. Like not actually part of the score, environmental music. Like a car going past or something like that, you know.

There's just none of that atall in the movies apart from the nightclub scene. We need more of that IMO. And music is a big part of life. It helps describe areas of the city

It's a lovely fit for the video, but I don't think (as this thread demonstrates) that anyone would take it seriously. They'd either laugh or scoff.

Very interesting, outside of Nolans world this would be good, and perhaps a more emotional hurt batman that lets more of his feelings out, almost an emo batman if you will.

Even when you get past the fact that the lyrics aren't actually "No-one knows what it's like to be the Batman," the song fits perfectly with Batman's character, and thanks to the internet it's become more or less permanently associated with the character due to all of the fan-made Batman music videos that use it. So here's my modest proposition: if Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" can appear in the Iron Man movie's credits, why not have The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes" in the credits for a Batman movie? A quick example of how well the song and character mesh:

So how about it, would you like to leave the theater for Batman 3 humming that song? :D

Yeah, and then the cast can do a dance number as the credits roll, much the way that Ballywood films end (see Slumdog Millionaire). Everyone can leave the theater humming and skipping, holding hands and gushing about the movie.

Umm, I still have nightmares about "Batdance" by Prince that I am still going to counseling about. I'll pass on this.

There's just none of that atall in the movies apart from the nightclub scene. We need more of that IMO.
Why, exactly?

And music is a big part of life. It helps describe areas of the city
But what does that add that to the film that would actually make it necessary?

There will be no music in this film that Hans Zimmer didn't write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"