Most Important Person to the Superhero Film Genre

Singer (made the first popular modern CBM), Nolan (showed us with BB that superhero movies could be deep), and Feige (for introducing the shared universe conept) are all valid choices. I can't decide right now.

Edit: forgot about Donner. He's my pick.

Last edited:
Zach Snyder.

Any aspiring director can watch one of his films and learn everything you shouldn't do when making a superhero film.
Really? Come on go do something productive with your time.

I got confused because the title of the thread is different than the poll question.

the most important person in the superhero genre IMO is Richard Donner, because without that groundwork, it's hard to imagine how things would progress.

As for "who saved the superhero genre" which is a very different question, that would be Kevin Feige. He changed the game. No one would be doing these massive universe building films if it weren't for him. He was openly scoffed by people at Fox and WB for trying to do that, and when Avengers became the huge success that it was, people took notice.

I got confused because the title of the thread is different than the poll question.

the most important person in the superhero genre IMO is Richard Donner, because without that groundwork, it's hard to imagine how things would progress.

As for "who saved the superhero genre" which is a very different question, that would be Kevin Feige. He changed the game. No one would be doing these massive universe building films if it weren't for him. He was openly scoffed by people at Fox and WB for trying to do that, and when Avengers became the huge success that it was, people took notice.

I answered the thread title question (Donner). The poll question though - hmmm, tough choice between Nolan and Feige.

Kevin Feige
Before the MCU, there were 2 nicely received Blade movies, 2 well received Spider-Man movies, 1 well received modern Batman movies, and 4 old movies of 1992 and before. There was a good number of failed projects before MCU came in to save the concept of Superhero movies from the clutches of mediocrity and swamp stink, with a few golden eggs here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"