The Wii U

putting this up in two places

Pokken-Tournament-Wii-U-One-Mil-Ships-165x95.jpg

Wii U
[FONT=&quot]Pokken Tournament worldwide shipments top one million[/FONT]

Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.
Wii U game tops one million five months after launch.

Pokken-Tournament-Wii-U-One-Mil-Ships.jpg

Worldwide total shipments for the Wii U version of Pokken Tournament have reached one million units, Bandai Namco announced.

The fighting game first debuted in Arcades in July 2015, before launching for Wii U worldwide in March 2016. Combining gameplay elements from Bandai Namco’s Tekken series with Pokemon, the game sees players compete in one-on-one battles using a selection of Pokemon.

Read More

Wii U, Bandai Namco, Fighting Games, Nintendo, Pokken Tournament, Sales

source: Gematsu

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo has kicked off another Summer Savings sale on the North America Wii U and 3DS eShops. The savings may not be quite as good as you’d see in something like a Steam sale, but it’s still better than full price. This is especially true for any games that you find to be a touch overpriced in the first place! A few notable inclusions in the 3DS lineup for the sale are The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World. Nintendo’s latest “Summer Savings” sale runs until 8:59 AM PT / 11:59 AM ET on September 1st.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here’s a list of some of the titles on sale in the 3DS eShop during this “Summer Savings” sale and their markdowns:[/FONT]
GameSale PriceNormal PriceAdventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations$14.00$19.99Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash$20.99$29.99Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning$20.99$29.99Kersploosh!$2.09$2.99Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move$6.99$9.99Mighty Switch Force! 2$4.19$5.99Pushmo$4.89$6.99Scribblenauts Unmasked$13.99$19.99Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse$13.99$19.99Super Mario 3D Land$20.99$29.99Super Mario Bros. 3$3.49$4.99The LEGO Movie Videogame$13.99$19.99Yumi’s Odd Odyssey$13.99$19.99Zelda: A Link Between Worlds$27.99$39.99
[FONT=&quot]The Wii U has its own selection of first and third party titles on sale as well. One of the most notable titles here is Super Mario Galaxy, but there are many others. Here is a list of some of them and their markdowns:[/FONT]
GameSale PriceNormal Price Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations $14.00 $19.99 Dr. Luigi $10.49 $14.99 Human Resource Machine $7.49 $9.99 Just Dance 2015 $15.00 $29.99 Lovely Planet $6.99 $9.99 Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash $34.99 $49.99 Mighty Switch Force! 2 $4.19 $5.99 Rayman Legends $19.99 $39.99 Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse $13.99 $19.99 Super Mario Bros. $3.49 $4.99 Super Mario Galaxy $13.99 $19.99 Swords & Soldiers II $9.99 $19.99 Yoshi’s Island DS $6.99 $9.99 Zelda: Phantom Hourglass $6.99 $9.99Zelda II – The Adventure of Link$3.49$4.99

[FONT=&quot]SOURCE[/FONT]

Also with

[FONT=&quot]Are your ready for a controversial Nintendo Download? The latest and arguably greatest are here again for the week of 8/18/16, and we’ll start off with the most prickly game release from Nintendo in a long time. Besides that, we have plenty of new sales, releases and other goodies for the 3DS and Wii U eShop. Let’s get started.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes, today marks the official release of the highly contested and downright hatedMetroid Prime: Federation Force. I wish I could look at this in a positive light, but frankly, after the way Nintendo ignored the latest anniversary of the classic series, it’s hard to be kind when they cap it off with the Metroid game nobody wanted. That said, I shouldn’t judge a game without having played it, so I’ll be paying a lot of attention to the reviews and impressions that come out for Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Luckily, that’s not the only release this week. Also new to the Wii U eShop is the fantastic indie title Poncho, which we previously reviewed on Steam. It’s a gorgeous pixelated puzzle game with a lot of heart, robots and an interesting narrative. I highly recommend it. Also, if you can’t get your fill ofPokémon, there is another Virtual Console release for Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the sales front, there is a lot of stuff this week, but as always, I’ll just focus on the best stuff. For the Wii U, the only noteworthy sale is Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, for those who love the absurd in their puzzle platformers. For the 3DS eShop there are a bunch of great games on sale, starting with two from publisher Nicalis. First up is 1001 Spikes, the hard as nails, ruthless pixelated platformer. The other of note is the classic Cave Story. Both are on sale until August 29th of this month, so you should definitely pick them up if you don’t already have them. If that wasn’t enough, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers are on sale, as is the quirky and relatively obscure Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX. Be sure to check these out while you can![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is also a special event happening called the Nintendo 3DS Summer Gaming List Sweepstakes. By answering some select questions here, you could win up to 8 digital games for yourself. The games are from the following list – Kirby: Planet Robobot, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Disney Art Academy, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Some pretty great stuff, actually.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are also some new Themes this week, including two from Monster Hunter Generations, as well as some random new releases, such as Armikrog, which we’ll have a review of later this month. Overall a mixed week, but definitely with some worthy sales for the bargain hunter. Stay tuned to oprainfall for the next Nintendo Download![/FONT]
source: Operation Rainfall

Last edited:

My Nintendo Gold Points Expiration Date Extended. August 31, 2016 . 9:00am

The My Nintendo Gold Points are now good for one year, rather than six months. Platinum Points’ expiration date remains the same.

23 comments Read >
With the My Nintendo loyalty program, people can earn Gold or Platinum Points. The former come from actually spending money on digital products in the eShop, while the latter can be earned from tasks like logging into Miiverse, using Miitomo, visiting the eShop weekly, and stopping by the My Nintendo website. Previously each kind of point would expire six months after you earned it. However, Nintendo has just extended the lifespan of Gold Points.

Starting today, August 31, 2016, My Nintendo Gold Points are good for one year after you earn them. They will expire after twelve months. Previously, they would be gone after six. The loyalty program launched back in March 2016, so this announcement comes about a month before people’s first Gold Points would have expired.

People can check the Points History section at My Nintendo to see how many Gold and Platinum Points they’ve acquired and when.

Read more stories about My Nintendo on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

My Nintendo Gets 9 New Software Discounts In North America. September 2, 2016 . 11:00am

My Nintendo’s North American software discounts have been updated, giving people a chance to take 15% off of the price of games like Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure and 30% off of games like Fire Emblem.

12 comments Read >

My Nintendo’s software discount rewards have been updated in North America, following the expiration of the previous update’s coupons on August 31, 2016. People can now trade in their Gold and Platinum Points for discounts on five Nintendo 3DS games and four Nintendo Wii U games.

Here’s the full list of My Nintendo’s new software discounts.

• 15% off of Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (Nintendo 3DS) – 140 Platinum Points
  • 15% off of Fluidity: Spin Cycle (Nintendo 3DS) – 170 Platinum Points
  • 15% off of Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo 3DS) – 600 Platinum Points
  • 15% off of Pushmo World (Nintendo Wii U) – 170 Platinum Points
  • 15% off of Yoshi’s Story (Nintendo Wii U) – 150 Platinum Points
  • 30% off of F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Nintendo Wii U) – 20 Gold Points
  • 30% off of Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U) – 20 Gold Points
  • 30% off of Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo 3DS) – 80 Gold Points
  • 30% off of Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo 3DS) – 100 Gold Points
At the moment, the icons for Fluidity: Spin Cycle and Paper Mario: Sticker Star mistakenly label both Nintendo 3DS games as Nintendo Wii U titles.

The new My Nintendo software discounts will be available until 1am CT on December 1, 2016.

Read more stories about My Nintendo on Siliconera.

Donkey Kong Country Returns And Final Fight Come To The Virtual Console . September 22, 2016 . 10:30am

The North American Virtual Console library has been updated, bringing Donkey Kong Country Returns to the Nintendo Wii U and Final Fight 2 and 3 to the New Nintendo 3DS.

4 comments Read >

Nintendo’s Virtual Console library has been updated in North America, bringing installments from two major series to the Nintendo Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS. Console owners will be able to go on an adventure with Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country Returns, while Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3 find their way to handhelds.

Donkey Kong Country Returns originally appeared on the Nintendo Wii in 2010 and is the fourth Donkey Kong Country game. The Tiki Tak Tribe has awakened and hypnotized all of Donkey Kong Island’s animals, convincing them to steal every banana. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong go through eight worlds, fighting the Tiki Tak Tribe leaders, freeing animals from their control, and taking back bananas. It also introduces Super Kong, a Super Guide feature that lets you play a level for you, should you die eight times in it. It is $19.99 on the Nintendo Wii U Virtual Console.

Final Fight 2 is a Super Nintendo game first released in 1993. In it, Mike Haggar, Carlos, and Maki Genryusai. The Mad Gear Gang has been revived and abducted Maki’s sister. Players go through six stages around the world, wiping out Mad Gear. There are multiple difficulty levels and, to see the full ending, you must beat the game on the Expert level. It is $7.99 on the New Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

Final Fight 3 is a Super Nintendo game first released in 1995. The Mad Gear Gang is gone for good, but the Skull Cross Gang has replaced them in Metro City. Guy, Mike Haggar, Lucia, and Dean go through six stages around the city, clearing out gang members and making everything safe again. This installment has branching paths through each stage. The ending is influenced by the character you’re using, paths you’ve followed, and difficulty level. It is $7.99 on the New Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

Read more stories about Donkey Kong Country Returns & Final Fight 2 & Final Fight 3 & Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console & Wii U Virtual Console on Siliconera.

The North American eShop Gets New Play Control! Pikmin. September 29, 2016 . 10:30am

People in North America can stop by the Nintendo Wii U eShop and pick up New Play Control! Pikmin.

6 comments Read >

Only one game has been added to the North American Virtual Console library this week. New Play Control! Pikmin can now be found on the Nintendo Wii U eShop.

Back in 2009, Nintendo brought New Play Control! Pikmin to the Nintendo Wii. It was an updated version of the 2001 GameCube release that saw Captain Olimar crashing on the Pikmin homeworld and requiring the help of these diminutive creatures to collect pieces of his spaceship so he could return home. A new control scheme involving the Nintendo Wii Remote, as well as updates that adjusted throwing physics, tweaked the save system to let you restart play from previous days, added widescreen support, and let you cycle through kinds of Pikmin available. New Play Control! Pikmin is $19.99 on the eShop.

New Play Control! Pikmin was added to Europe’s Nintendo Wii U eShop on September 1, 2016.

Read more stories about pikmin & Wii U Virtual Console on Siliconera.

Final Fight? Awww ****.

IS it safe to conclude at this point that this was the worst Nintendo console ever?

IS it safe to conclude at this point that this was the worst Nintendo console ever?

Nope. I think it is my favorite Nintendo console yet. So many awesome games.

The Wii U is what I would consider largely underrated. I still think it's major problems were the name and the paltry launch titles.

Nope wii was much worse. Wii u is laughably underrated. Wii u has 4-5 times more games worth playing then wii did and game pad is much better then the motion controls.

As a console, the Wii U isn't as bad as the VB or Wii, but it's definitely behind the others.

Its library however is probably the best since the SNES.

Mega Man X2 Joins North America’s Virtual Console Library. October 6, 2016 . 10:30am

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis and Mega Man X2 are now part of the North American Virtual Console library, with the former available on the Nintendo Wii U and the latter on the New Nintendo 3DS.

11 comments Read >

The North American Virtual Console library has two new additions today. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis is now available on the Nintendo Wii U. People with New Nintendo 3DS systems will be able to play Mega Man X2.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis originally appeared on the Nintendo DS in 2006. It is the first game in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series to focus on getting Minis from point A to point B. Donkey Kong has kidnapped Pauline, and Mario must send the Mini-Mario toys through eight worlds, each one with 10 levels and a minigame. There are also two extra bosses, unlocked by collecting silver and gold stars, and a Construction Zone area that lets you make and save up to eight levels. It is $9.99 in the Nintendo Wii U eShop.

Mega Man X2 originally appeared on the Super Nintendo, appearing in Japan in 1994 and other regions in 1995. Set six months after Mega Man X, players follow Maverick Hunter X as he faces a new group of Maverick Reploids calling themselves X-Hunters. Agile, Serges, and Violen have collected Zero’s body parts and recruited eight new Mavericks for X to fight. In addition to vehicle segments where X uses a hovercycle or mech, you can participate in optional fights against Agile, Serges, or Violen in each of the eight stages and see a different end segment depending on whether or not you collect Zero parts. It is $7.99 in the New Nintendo 3DS eShop.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console & Nintendo Wii U & Wii U Virtual Console on Siliconera.

How The Wii U Has Performed In Software And Hardware Sell-Throughs In Recent Years . October 27, 2016 . 1:30am

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima shared details on the Wii U’s sell-through rate in the semi-annual financial results briefing for fiscal year ending March 2017.

13 comments Read >
hero1_thumb.jpg

With the Nintendo Switch’s release around the corner, we’ve been seeing the last few months of the Wii U era.

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima shared details on the console’s sell-through rate in the semi-annual financial results briefing for fiscal year ending March 2017.

We have significantly decreased the shipping volume for Wii U for the fiscal year ending March 2017 compared to the fiscal year ended March 2016, and we are expecting to sell 800,000 units.

These graphs show the sell-through (sales from retailers to consumers) of Wii U hardware and first party packaged software in our major markets: Japan, the U.S. and Europe. Sales from April 2016 through the second week of October are compared against sales in the same period for the last two years. Hardware sellthrough for this period is down significantly compared to the previous two years, but this is in alignment with our expectations. The sell-through for software is not as high as that for the previous period, which saw the release of major hits such as Splatoon and Super Mario Maker, but due to the increased sell-through overseas of popular titles at a special low price point under the
Nintendo Selects banner, total sales are on par with those for the fiscal year ended March 2015.

Note: FY = Fiscal year (April through March of the following year)
Read more stories about Nintendo & Wii U on Siliconera.

it's listed as rumor so I'll wait for further details cause there will be further details on if it's true or not.

Wii U
[FONT=&quot]Rumor: Wii U to end production on November 4[/FONT]

Published 4 hours ago. 267 comments.

Final production orders reportedly placed.

Rumor-Wii-U-Production-End-Nov-4.jpg

Eurogamer is citing “multiple sources” in reporting that Nintendo will end its production of Wii U consoles this Friday, November 4.

As of September 30, Nintendo had shipped 13.36 million Wii Us.
The final deadline for orders on Nintendo’s production line for Wii U passed yesterday, according to Eurogamer. Only a small number of further orders were placed.

Wii U launched worldwide in late 2012.

Nintendo’s next console, Switch, will launch in March 2017.

Read More

Wii U, Nintendo, Rumors, Wii U

source: Gematsu

Unfortunate that the Wii U feels similar to the Saturn phasing out, or even the Dreamcast. While I would have gotten one if just for titles like Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and so on, no huge loss. Glad I stuck with a 3DS instead, but hope that Nintendo delivers something promising with the Switch.

And that there's actual proof of solid first and third party support, because even the Wii U boasted of third party support early on, too.

so as I said last night wait for more info on if this is true or not

here it is from two places below. Other gamer news outlets are updating them selves(some with apology's ) as well. mostly those that put up the RIP in the front article of their article be it written or video.

UPDATE: Wii U Will Not End Production

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016[/FONT]
Twice this has happened so far.Read more
[FONT=&quot]
November 2nd, 2016

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So it turns out the Wii U is still alive. The report from Eurogamer was false, and Nintendo even came out stating there are no plans to stop production. Here is what they had to say:[/FONT]
“There is no change to our continuing [Wii U] production,” a spokesperson told Japanese outlet IT Media. While the representative started out by saying he/she was unaware of the article’s specifics, speculation about Wii U production ending “was not true.”
The representative further added: “Even though the Nintendo Switch is slated to go on sale, [Wii U] production is scheduled to continue.” On top of that, the person explained that there are also upcoming Wii U titles planned for release.
[FONT=&quot]I apologize for the previous article. This kind of report has happened before back in March, where the same thing happened as Nintendo denied the report.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source[/FONT]

also with

Wii U
[FONT=&quot]Rumor: Wii U to end production on November 4 [Update][/FONT]
Published 2 days ago. 128 comments.
Final production orders reportedly placed.

Rumor-Wii-U-Production-End-Nov-4.jpg

Update 11/2/16 at 6:40 a.m.:
Japanese website IT Media reports that a spokeperson for Nintendo said, ““Even though the Nintendo Switch is slated to go on sale, [Wii U] production is scheduled to continue.” Further, the spokesperson clarified that the report that Wii U was ending production “was not true.” (Thanks, Kotaku.)

Original 11/1/16 at 10:33 a.m.: Eurogamer is citing “multiple sources” in reporting that Nintendo will end its production of Wii U consoles this Friday, November 4.
As of September 30, Nintendo had shipped 13.36 million Wii Us.

The final deadline for orders on Nintendo’s production line for Wii U passed yesterday, according to Eurogamer. Only a small number of further orders were placed.
Wii U launched worldwide in late 2012.

Nintendo’s next console, Switch, will launch in March 2017.

Read More

Wii U, Nintendo, Rumors, Wii U

source:
Operation Rainfall & Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"