The Walking Dead The Wire Alum Chad Coleman joins The Walking Dead

Now that we know we're getting Tyreese, can we all really adress the ridiculousness that was people claiming T-Dog was supposed to be Tyreese? :o

Because that **** was stupid...

Was it any different in the comics up to this point? Even now we have, what, Heath, Gabriel, and Michonne?

Yeah, it seems like they can only have one black woman and black man at a time on this show.

Brother does not approve.
dR6Sd.gif

Are you killing off Oscar before we even get to know him?

If I may quote the immortal words of Daniel Bryan:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Funniest thread so far in TWD forum. My poor black people. Some day, yes some day we will get three black people at a time on the show....maybe even in the same scene. Some day!

Deep Space Nine did have Captain Sisko, his son Jake, and his father in one scene together once. Sadly that's all I can think of besides all black shows like Martin. Of course they would put a brutha on there who ain't got no damn job.

Tommy!!!! You ain't got no job. Tommy had a job, we just didn't know what it was lol.

Yeah, but didn't Capt. Sisko's father die? It's been awhile since I've seen DS9. I think I was in jr. High when that was on.

His father didn't die in the series. He showed up in a few episodes, but he was alive and well at the end of it.

Wow, well that's a first. Star Trek is always paving the way. A black captain on a space station and in a scene with two other black men!:woot::woot::woot:

Deep Space Nine did have Captain Sisko, his son Jake, and his father in one scene together once. Sadly that's all I can think of besides all black shows like Martin. Of course they would put a brutha on there who ain't got no damn job.

If you include the guy who played Worf that would be four.

Nice casting. I liked him on the Wire.

Speaking of black guys, what happened to the guy from the first two eps, that took Rick in and promised he'd meet up with him later; i read that in the comics he shows up again later.
The actor that plays him plays a pimp on HBO's Hung w/ Thomas Jane.

Last edited:
This guy was one cool cucumber in The Wire, I dig this casting. :up:

Nice casting. I liked him on the Wire.

Speaking of black guys, what happened to the guy from the first two eps, that took Rick in and promised he'd meet up with him later; i read that in the comics he shows up again later.
The actor that plays him plays a pimp on HBO's Hung w/ Thomas Jane.
Morgan is his name and its rumored he is coming either the end of this season or the next.

The British actor who plays him is Lennie James who has been in alot of stuff like Snatch, Jericho, Human Target and Lockout. Coincidentally Lennie James is old friends of David Morrissey who plays the Governor and Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick.

I'm watching Coleman on It's Always Sunny right now. He's discussing jean shorts. :funny:

I wish they would bring back Lenny James "Morgan" from the pilot, hope he does come back towards the end of the season.

"Man, I used to have some jean shorts like that too. I slept in them ****s man. Eventually I blew the crotch out them things. But you can’t wear them every day and expect for em to hold up. That was some ass denim too…I miss them shorts. But you - you got to take ‘em off every now and then. You gotta take ‘em off, son." - Tyreese

CUT TO: Carl, looking absolutely shocked.

I expect a conversation like this between Tyreese and Darl regarding his poncho, "You gotta take it off, son".

too bad no more Lori, we could have got a "You pregnant."

I think there is actually something to the number of us blacks on television in one particular show. I guess when there's more that 2 or 3 of us, the producers start to worry that the viewership will see it as more of a show targeted towards the black community i.e alot of WB shows; they probably want to keep the viewership as wide as possible for ratings...just my guess.....

I wonder how they're going to handle Tyreese on the show, considering how late he's showing up.

Yeah, I wonder where he'll figure into all of this? Is he apart of Woodbury or will he show up Abraham style? Wait, he is showing up this season right?

I'm wondering if he will have his own story going next week, last few minutes of the episode a sort of meanwhile elsewhere this is happening, his own little survival story, like what if he meets up with Morgan first, they join up and they are unknowing making there way to meeting up with Ricks group early in the second half of the season?

Don't think he would be a current Woodsbury resident, I'd like to think he wouldn't have fallen for The Governor's gimmicks.

Funniest thread so far in TWD forum. My poor black people. Some day, yes some day we will get three black people at a time on the show....maybe even in the same scene. Some day!

At least there have been multiple black people on the show. It looks like Glenn is the last surviving Asian in Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"