The Wolf of Wall Street (Scorsese + Di Caprio)

Jon Bernthal :bow:

BeMnNYb.gif

awesome trailer! looks like it will turn to be a dark comedy

Love, Love, LOVE this trailer.

Looks more humorous than I thought which is even better. I really imagined this to be darker and intense. But I'm relieved, because I'm glad to see DiCaprio doing lighter fare. I'm sure things get more out of control, but all the better.

This is why Scorsese is the absolute ****. This has been shot digitally as well. Would have never known.

Last edited:
I thought you could tell pretty easily its shot with digital. Jonah Hill is almost unrecognizable and I can't wait to see DiCaprio and McConahey share the screen together.

DiCaprio and Cage have got to be the actors with the most gifs/meme's about them.

Has anyone made a gif of Matthew's odd but rad facial expressions when he's doing that chest thumping tune at the end of the song.

I thought you could tell pretty easily its shot with digital. Jonah Hill is almost unrecognizable and I can't wait to see DiCaprio and McConahey share the screen together.

You can tell. At least it doesn't look like video or cheap looking, but has a different look than 'film proper'. It looks colder.

Some of it was definitely shot on film (because i've seen set pics with an Arricam). I've read its supposed to be a mix of formats.

Between this and GATSBY, Leo looks to be having a lot more fun with the roles he's choosing.

Good to see.

Two Time Oscar Nominee Jonah Hill is SO going to happen. :wow:

I get a Goodfellas vibe from the trailer; with the editing, camera work, voice-over and dark humor.

Between Gatsby and this, DiCaprio's having what looks to be, in my book, his best year.

Can they please give Leo the Oscar already!

That little twerk/jig thing he does near the end was absolutely brilliant. This movie looks like so much damn fun and that ensemble cast is delicious. Bernthal's character has my curiosity, heck everybody does.

They wouldn't give him an Oscar for best attendance award.

Seriously, the guy's performances in Django Unchained and Inception were fantastic. But, seriously, not even a nomination for Django? Where he had a great performance and sliced open his hand during filming and just kept going and the take (apparently) ended up in the final film? Nothing? Really?

Trailer looked great.

this one really could get him his oscar finally...

for the first time leo acts differently than usual..

Has Scorsese ever done a comedy before or is this his first time at it? Just usually associate him with dramas which is why the tone surprised me, I thought it'd be like Wallstreet level seriousness.

Has Scorsese ever done a comedy before or is this his first time at it? Just usually associate him with dramas which is why the tone surprised me, I thought it'd be like Wallstreet level seriousness.

After Hours has a lot of comedy traces.

The Departed had a lot of dark humor.

Goodfellas has plenty of dark humor too, and a in moments lighter tone than other mafia classics.

Well King of Comedy is a dark comedy , but that to me is very different from a straight comedy . All his movies have humor.

The Departed had a lot of dark humor.

Kinda why I asked about comedy in particular. I'd consider that more of a drama with comedic elements, whereas this seems like Animal House meets Wallstreet (unless marketing is just presenting it like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"