The Wolverine The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

The one thing that's annoying about the EE is you see a guy hand Yukio the case with the suit in it while Logan and Mariko are talking. When they cut back to her... it's gone. Dropping that reveal scene in with the EE would've been perfect.

While I would have liked to see the ending reinstated in the EE (cause why not), I think the reasoning to cut it in the first place is strong.

Fans would have got excited about the costume, and lost their s**t when Wolverine wasn't wearing it in DOFP.

^Yeah I understand why they cut it, Mangold obviously didnt want to step on what Singer was doing with DOFP.

While I would have liked to see the ending reinstated in the EE (cause why not), I think the reasoning to cut it in the first place is strong.

Fans would have got excited about the costume, and lost their s**t when Wolverine wasn't wearing it in DOFP.

Not so sure about that. DoFP is in the far future. Wolverine could have worn it in the two years he was travelling with Yukio, or in the 10 years between the airport scene and the dystopia.

I watched my disk again. Sooo good... :wolverine

And to think I wasn't all that excited until last March (a little bit) but gave it a chance.

I just watched the EE last night. It is somewhat better. Loved the extra blood (which didn`t look fake), and loved some of the extra scenes, in particular Shingen and Yashida.

My only beefs with it was the snow machine. Felt so B-movieish watching trained ninjas unable to dodge a slow village snow removal machine. Otherwise, glad to have the ninja fight back! Also didn't like the extended hotel/punk fight. Felt slow and badly edited.

Last edited:
Okay so I dont know if my wolverine blu ray is broken because I only have two extras options, the commentary and the second screen app. anyone able to tell me how i find the DOFP tour and the path of a ronin and the alternate ending
?

I have that but they arent showing :S I dont get it

The only thing I found annoying was that after Wolverine got his healing factor back, he got into a sword fight. But his claws should have cut right through the blades.

I thought he did cut one of the swords.

I thought he did cut one of the swords.

He did...and let's not forget Japanese steel is one of the strongest there is; especially in their samurai swords. But he cut through one of the swords the was run through him.

He did...and let's not forget Japanese steel is one of the strongest there is; especially in their samurai swords. But he cut through one of the swords the was run through him.

Plus it wouldnt have made for much of a fight if he cut them straight away like going through butter.

They say in the extras on the blu-ray how they treated adamantium like it was a real metal, the strongest sure but I dont think some people realise how real metal works.

FINALLY picked up the Best Buy special edition of the extended blu ray

so aweosme!!

The best thing is with DOFP I have the excuse to watch it all again soon!

As if excuse was needed :cwink:

And it wont feel the same either, I expect DOFP to be very different from TW, which is not surprising really and a good thing. DOFP will have more of a spectacle, blockbuster feel to it judging by the trailers where as TW was much more intrevert and personal.

Really looking forward to DOFP now after TW has given me faith in the xmen series again.

Finally got round to listening to the directors commentary on this, some interesting bits about why they went the direction they did with Mecha-SS as opposed to a man in a traditional samurai suit as they felt the Shingen fight had already covered that aspect and wanted Logan to fight something that could do serious damage to him, a greater threat.

Also it was budget constraints that meant they ended up with the small enclosed finale of the setting and had to show people falling down levels to make it "feel" bigger. Well worth listening to and explains how sometimes the vision is restricted due to time and money limitations.

The falling down levels was kinda cool.

But a finale fight with Wolverine and Silver Samurai in a big open space (like someone suggested before, a Zen garden) would have been better.

But a finale fight with Wolverine and Silver Samurai in a big open space (like someone suggested before, a Zen garden) would have been better.

tumblr_m5czqqyxe51r426i4o1_500.gif

I have to agree.

The one thing that's annoying about the EE is you see a guy hand Yukio the case with the suit in it while Logan and Mariko are talking. When they cut back to her... it's gone. Dropping that reveal scene in with the EE would've been perfect.

Yeah. It's very prominent and came off a little conspicuous to me. Even though the costume reveal doesn't make the actual EE, I half wonder if that was an easter egg for fans.

I would love to see what that costume looks like when it's worn by someone. Can't really tell all the details with it folded up in a case like that. Hopefully Mangold manages to get Hugh into a costume for the sequel. *fingers crossed*

Yeah. It's very prominent and came off a little conspicuous to me. Even though the costume reveal doesn't make the actual EE, I half wonder if that was an easter egg for fans.

I would love to see what that costume looks like when it's worn by someone. Can't really tell all the details with it folded up in a case like that. Hopefully Mangold manages to get Hugh into a costume for the sequel. *fingers crossed*

How will they even do a sequel to this now? Are we to assume that the events of this film still happened while Jean survived? If not are we going to have to introduce familer faces as if for the first time? Or is this going to be a complete stand alone with a whole knew cast of characters?

If it's the latter I hope they find a way to bring back liev's saber tooth and an alternate mutant silver samurai with his comics power set. That would be sick if they made both work in the same movie, even if unlikely to happen.

How will they even do a sequel to this now? Are we to assume that the events of this film still happened while Jean survived? If not are we going to have to introduce familer faces as if for the first time? Or is this going to be a complete stand alone with a whole knew cast of characters?

If it's the latter I hope they find a way to bring back liev's saber tooth and an alternate mutant silver samurai with his comics power set. That would be sick if they made both work in the same movie, even if unlikely to happen.

The next one is simply a new solo film not a sequel to the Wolverine

we are likely looking at

1:Solo story after the events of Apocalypse
2:An loose adaptian of old man logan.

I've no idea what they may think of doing for a sequel, but I don't doubt that there are still serious plans for one with how well both The Wolverine and Days of Future Past were received.

As far as Silver Samurai and Liev's Sabretooth go. I think a return for Liev is far more likely. People still call for his return and though he is associated with the lesser Origins movie, he still sees support from the fanbase for a return. I personally find his Sabretooth to be more interesting that Tyler Mane's. Though that's not particularly hard given Mane's Sabretooth was a near mute.

I don't know if they'll actively address the changes from DoFP, but I don't see them actively going against much of the film, especially the main villain from the film, considering its success. Though I did think it was a shame they had the real Silver Samurai in the movie as a non-mutant and killed him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"