The Wolverine The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

I just wonder what would have happened if Mangold had directed Origins. Although Rothman was still still around and would have had his say, but Mangold seems to hold more sway with Fox than Hood did, I dont think Hood is a bad director either but its obvious Rothman bullied him around a bit with Origins.

I don't know what would be difference, but just with the visuals. Origins failed with a lot of things - cinematography, visual effects, production design, costumes. I'm not sure if I should blame Hood for those things.

Not at all, iirc it was clearly Rothman, who (from what I heard) would go onto the set and demand a reshoot or change from something, causing massive tension between Hood & Rothman.

Not at all, iirc it was clearly Rothman, who (from what I heard) would go onto the set and demand a reshoot or change from something, causing massive tension between Hood & Rothman.

I can't blame Hood for that film. It was clearly, massively compromised from the start. Shame, cause as redundant as the Weapon X story was at that point, a film that focused on Wolverine's conflicting natures between his interaction with Sabertooth and Silverfox could have been fantastic.

Absolutely. It has good moments, and while overall is a complete disaster, but I place literally zero blame on anyone but Rothman & Fox...and Shuler-Donner for Deadpool. :o

Pretty much every single person in the movie got dealt a very crappy card to play, and while they obviously tried their best, It was probably doomed from the start.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...murfs-2-20131216,0,814588.story#axzz2nj0YvUsQ

A mutant comic book hero and a crew of little blue children's characters ruled the home video sales chart in their first weeks in release.
"The Wolverine," the sixth film in 20th Century Fox's "X-Men" franchise, was the top-selling DVD and Blu-ray title for the week that ended Dec. 7, according to Rentrak. Starring Hugh Jackman as the title character, the movie made $132 million in its domestic box office run. Critics generally approved of the entry, which earned a 69% "fresh" rating from Rotten Tomatoes.

Top 10 DVD and Blu-ray sales
1. "The Wolverine" (Fox). Week 1.
2. "The Smurfs 2" (Sony). Week 1.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...murfs-2-20131216,0,814588.story#axzz2nj0YvUsQ

A mutant comic book hero and a crew of little blue children's characters ruled the home video sales chart in their first weeks in release.
"The Wolverine," the sixth film in 20th Century Fox's "X-Men" franchise, was the top-selling DVD and Blu-ray title for the week that ended Dec. 7, according to Rentrak. Starring Hugh Jackman as the title character, the movie made $132 million in its domestic box office run. Critics generally approved of the entry, which earned a 69% "fresh" rating from Rotten Tomatoes.

Top 10 DVD and Blu-ray sales
1. "The Wolverine" (Fox). Week 1.
2. "The Smurfs 2" (Sony). Week 1.

$UCCE$$ :woot:

I know target sells X1/X2/X3 on bluray for around 10-15 dollars. Don't recall how muh XMFC is.

Watched the Unleashed cut last week.It was amazing.So happy it was released.Bring on Days Of Future Past!

I have bought extended cut today from Itunes and about to watch It.Very glad they have it there.

I can't believe they cut the costume reveal! WTF, Mangold?!! :cmad:

I really liked this. Much better than Origins. I think this movie did everything Origins and the other X-men movies do wrong. Instead of just cramming a bunch of mutants in for FX sequences, they actually develop characters and use the powers to actually serve the story. I hope DOFP takes this approach but I doubt it will.

I really liked this. Much better than Origins. I think this movie did everything Origins and the other X-men movies do wrong. Instead of just cramming a bunch of mutants in for FX sequences, they actually develop characters and use the powers to actually serve the story. I hope DOFP takes this approach but I doubt it will.

I tend to agree.

I'm concerned that the other xmen films have too many characters to really do justice to any of them or have room for them to develop. With the news that Rogue has been cut completely from DoFP proves that they are struggling to accomodate them all and she obviously didnt have much of a part to play anyway.

Im still hopeful DoFP will be great but I dont expect it to be anything like this was.

The only thing I found annoying was that after Wolverine got his healing factor back, he got into a sword fight. But his claws should have cut right through the blades.

I'm concerned that the other xmen films have too many characters to really do justice to any of them or have room for them to develop.

That's always going to be a problem with every X-Men film. You're working with a team of characters that have upwards of 15-20 members on the regular. There's always going to be one or two characters that get some development but not what some may deem enough.

Either they try and work them in as best as possible and people complain they don't get enough screentime or they have to simply leave them out and people still complain. It's a lose/lose situation for them.

At least Fox says they want to expand the X-universe. If that's truly the case, they could certainly spread some characters out across different team movies that way they aren't all bunched together into one.

Extended Cut is great.

Haters gonna _ _ _ _, I like the third act a lot. It flows even better now with the scenes inserted (and the ninja fight is great.) The last battle arena with Viper and the Samurai armor reveal is like something out of a horror movie to cap off what the story had been building to.

It reminds me of what I enjoyed in the theater the first time around and it delivers the type of Wolverine movie I was looking for.

extended cut is great.

Haters gonna _ _ _ _, i like the third act a lot. It flows even better now with the scenes inserted (and the ninja fight is great.) the last battle arena with viper and the samurai armor reveal is like something out of a horror movie to cap off what the story had been building to.

It reminds me of what i enjoyed in the theater the first time around and it delivers the type of wolverine movie i was looking for.

qft

That's always going to be a problem with every X-Men film. You're working with a team of characters that have upwards of 15-20 members on the regular. There's always going to be one or two characters that get some development but not what some may deem enough.

Either they try and work them in as best as possible and people complain they don't get enough screentime or they have to simply leave them out and people still complain. It's a lose/lose situation for them.

At least Fox says they want to expand the X-universe. If that's truly the case, they could certainly spread some characters out across different team movies that way they aren't all bunched together into one.

Yeah I suppose its true, cant please everyone, just be good if they maybe made a few more solo movies of other characters to flesh them out a bit.

Watched this again tonight, the EE is so good and so re-watchable, the final act is still turd and brings the movie down a bit but overall this is a really good movie and a great addition to the franchise.

If they can top with this with DOFP, but I will be very happy, if they can top X2 I will be ecstatic!

Managed to get hold of a steelbook edition of the blu-ray. Very smart indeed.

Finally got round to watching the Extended Edition.

More blood, more cursing, much longer ninja scene. Loved it! The picture quality was stunning. Not that keen on the greater number of f-bombs in Jackman's dialogue, it started to irritate me a bit.

Also, I wish they had kept the alternate ending with the Wolverine costume. It would have worked, because there is a two-year gap before the mid-credits scene and he could have worn it on a mission during that time. There was no need to cut that costume out of the movie.

More blood, more cursing, much longer ninja scene. Loved it! The picture quality was stunning. Not that keen on the greater number of f-bombs in Jackman's dialogue, it started to irritate me a bit.

Really? He only used it 3 times...and he used it once in the theatrical.

Really? He only used it 3 times...and he used it once in the theatrical.

Once was enough, in my view. And even then, it wasn't as good as the f-bomb line in First Class, which was just perfect.

Also, I wish they had kept the alternate ending with the Wolverine costume. It would have worked, because there is a two-year gap before the mid-credits scene and he could have worn it on a mission during that time. There was no need to cut that costume out of the movie.

Agreed. And there's a much bigger gap between The Wolverine and the next film (DoFP). There's no reason to think he couldn't have accepted the costume from Mariko and be seen wearing something different 10 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"