The Wrestling Thread be droppin' its Rs and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think it's a good idea to put the title on Reigns right now, especially since it seems like the champ's getting fed to Lesnar at Summerslam. Let Cena win the title, build to Cena/Brock II with Lesnar winning and you can build up to a Reigns Rumble win and being the guy to dethrone Brock at Mania.

That's how I'd do it at least.

Yeah boy those two ladder matches should be fun......Yep.

Those matches really are the selling point of the whole thing. The rest could be treated as filler, really. The briefcase match should be the more entertaining of the two, since that match has the styles more fitting for a ladder match.

The tag title match should be decent, even though that feud has become overdone already. Big E and Rusev could potentially put on a good, but probably short, show of beating the mess out of each other. The Summer/Layla match will be bad, but it could potentially have some funny moments with Fandango. The divas title match could honestly be the most entertaining match outside of the ladder matches.

The Wrestling Thread has eyes on you! All the time!

Our urges have made us a Wrestling Thread

We have never had a nice, shiny Wrestling Thread

One single, solitary Wrestling Thread will be my stairway to heaven

The Wrestling Thread is a painted hermaphrodite

The Wrestling Thread is now the Authority Thread

Jack Swagger keeps injuring the Wrestling Thread

2 + 2 = The Wrestling Thread, Sucka!

I'm debating if I should go get Hulk Hogans autograph today. I don't want to wait in line and have him leave or pay a ridiculous amount of money. Would be really cool though

I'm debating if I should go get Hulk Hogans autograph today. I don't want to wait in line and have him leave or pay a ridiculous amount of money. Would be really cool though

How bad do you want it? Would you regret not getting the autograph if you never got the chance again?

- TNA drew 1,000 fans on both nights for their Impact Wrestling tapings last week in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. TNA would like to return there in the future for more tapings but there is so much going on right now that nobody knows what the future is.

- It’s said that most of the current TNA wrestlers aren’t happy about the change back to six-sided rings. Some have complained to officials but were told that the company is trying to look different. Word is that the six-sided ring is here to stay and their feeling is that it helps TNA stand out.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Gary Mehaffy recently spoke with former WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre, as heard above. Below are some highlights:

How he feels after being released:
Literally I went from a school schedule to a university schedule to a WWE schedule, so it’s kind of nice to relax. I’m going kind of stir crazy, because I‘m not used to relaxing!…..It’s nice to chill out for the first time in my life!

His thoughts on Vince McMahon touting him as a future WWE Champion:
“He endorsed me himself – I didn’t know he was going to do it! He literally walked out and they said “you’re going to go out after Vince and do your promo” ……It’s pretty crazy, but I thrive under that kind of pressure……..That was just unbelievable!”

His favorite places to wrestle:
“Scotland, WrestleMania and Madison Square Garden!”

Wrestling at Madison Square Garden:
“It’s the mecca over here…..it’s an incredible crowd; they’re so passionate and knowledgeable. When you go there, it’s a different vibe……It’s such an incredible arena. “

Being Intercontinental Champion in WWE:
“It was amazing! If you Google my name and IC Title, that (picture) is my legit reaction. It was my life-long dream to be Intercontinental Champion….It was beyond a dream come true.”

His future plans:
“I plan to be the biggest wrestler in the world, outside of WWE……I have a clear idea in my mind what I’m going to do….I will be back in WWE!”

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/backstage-news-tnas-ring-change-attendance-news-global-impact/
http://dailywrestlingnews.com/mcintyre-talks-vince-mcmahons-endorsement-future-plans-ic-champ/

My only problem with Brock winning then leading up to Reigns vs Brock is.. Where does this leave Bryan? My hope was he would be the guy to dethrone Brock.. Then maybe losing to Cessaro.. Or Rollins.. Then have Reigns get it.

I'd hate to see Bryan lost in the shuffle due to neck injury...

My only problem with Brock winning then leading up to Reigns vs Brock is.. Where does this leave Bryan? My hope was he would be the guy to dethrone Brock.. Then maybe losing to Cessaro.. Or Rollins.. Then have Reigns get it.

I'd hate to see Bryan lost in the shuffle due to neck injury...

Me too. :csad:

But they have to plan accordingly. Hopefully they have an alternate idea laid out in case Bryan's ready to return at some point. But this is also dependent on whether Reigns gets over the way they're expecting. Bryan could return and be megaover and they could thrown into the same position they were in the beginning of the year, with choosing between moving forward with the company's chosen or the people's chosen.

Unless the following turns out to be accurate? Maybe Bryan returns and gets involved with Lesnar?
hmmmm

Potential early hints for the Battleground event…

- Local advertisements are reportedly promoting Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins for the upcoming WWE Battlground PPV. The event is set for July 20 at the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida.

I don't see anyone holding the title from July/August all the way to WM, especially a part timer. I would love to see another "longer " title reign like that (as long as it's not Cena, honestly), but I don't see it.

I don't see anyone holding the title from July/August all the way to WM, especially a part timer. I would love to see another "longer " title reign like that (as long as it's not Cena, honestly), but I don't see it.

If Cena wins, he's just going to drop it at Summerslam. He's been doing that for years now: lose the belt at Summerslam, and the new champion gets the title taken from them by the MITB winner.

Cena's been doing the J-O-B at Summerslam since 2011. :funny:

If they want people to use the Network more for the exclusives, they have to do a better job leading up to them. Paige does some interviews during the pre-shows and backstage passes. But no one's going to care unless she is allowed to show her character on television, where it matters the most. Same goes with Big E and anyone else who's getting shortchanged on time to get themselves over.

I'm amazed at how well Rollins is doing in his heel role and that they haven't botched the Shield break-up.

Who'd have thought Rollins would have been one of the top heels, and Ambrose a top face? I'm pretty sure most of us thought that dynamic would have been the other way around.

ambrose fits the anti authority face void left by punk pretty well
not that ambrose would ever be a fill in

really digging seth's heel turn aswell, looking forward to their clash at mitb and their eventual one on one match

Basically take my booking and OTRSCentral's booking AND you have exactly how I think it should be booked:
Rollins wins the briefcase by getting one over on Dean Ambrose

I would have several feuds start during the main event:
Bray Wyatt and Sheamus cost each other the Title and that would set up a program between them at either Battleground or SummerSlam

As Kane is about to win, Daniel Bryan comes out and screws him over, thus setting up a blow off program down the road. Might be a bit of a long shot though

Cena and Cesaro go at it to the point where both end up costing each other the straps and that would set up a program between them leading into Battleground where you have Brock Lesnar come out and cost Cena the match giving Cesaro a signature win in the process and sets up Cena/Lesnar II at SummerSlam

Reigns takes out EVERYONE and right as he's about to win, Triple H comes out and takes out Reigns leading to Seth Rollins coming out and cashing in DURING the match and winning the straps

Last edited:
Who'd have thought Rollins would have been one of the top heels, and Ambrose a top face? I'm pretty sure most of us thought that dynamic would have been the other way around.

I think Rollins "needed" the heel turn more than the other two. In Canada, Smackdown is followed by a smarky panel show (where Renee Young actually got her start) and one of the panellists said Rollins is potentially the second coming of Shawn Michaels, and that the heel turn against the Shield was his "barber shop window" moment.

Reigns was always going to be the next Rock, Ambrose was always going to be the next Piper (or Austin, if things really work out) but Rollins really needed something to burn his image into the minds of fans.

Tokyo Sports in Japan is reporting that WWE will officially announce the signing of Pro Wrestling NOAH star KENTA next month. The announcement is likely to come during their tour of Japan.

A press conference will be held on July 12th to announce the signing.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/487...th-bret-hart-note-battleground-matches-leaked

Not excited. Only way I could get really excited is if they don't give him a stereotypical Japanese gimmick and let him keep the GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"