The Wrestling Thread is a Figment of Its Own Imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was thinking mic skills and ring work. It's gotta be Cena because despite not being a great technical wrestler he usually puts on good matches, and he's better on the mic than Bryan.

Well Bryan's the best in-ring guy. With anyone. Cena has good matches but he isn't someone who can raise a guy's game in the ring as Bryan does.

Well Bryan's the best in-ring guy. With anyone. Cena has good matches but he isn't someone who can raise a guy's game in the ring as Bryan does.

True. It's just interesting to me that WWE doesn't have a guy who can do it all right now. Maybe Ziggler can prove himself to be that guy?

I'd say best overall talent is Dolph. Great in the ring? Check Good on the mic? Check. Over? Check. Superstar look? Check. I see no reason he can't be THE guy. Bryan is better in the ring, but Dolph isn't far behind, and Cena is better on the mic, but Zigs is not far behind. I'd say they're in the top 3 in my book. Give him another year and Rollins might be the very best. I'd say Dolph has already proven himself to be that guy, he's also good with media interviews and does a lot of charity events it's just not brought up all the time like Cena's.

Hey, I've got a question for any New Yorkers/New Jerseyans, or anybody who knows the area.

I was actually planning a vacation to NYC in the spring to see Michelle Williams on Broadway (yeah, yeah, have your fun :mad:) but then I noticed my trip coincides with Extreme Rules at the Izod Centre.

For a tourist staying in Brooklyn, and not brining a car, how difficult is it to travel back and forth between the venue and where I am staying?

You'd have to get to the A/C/E trains to the Port Authority at 42nd St. From there you should be able to catch a shuttle bus to the Meadowlands. I know they run during football season, but they should run all year.

Vince McMahon Strongly Wants CM Punk Back in WWE, Ready to Bend Will

According to F4WOnline.com, Vince McMahon is nearing his breaking point on the CM Punk situation as he wants him to return to the company in a big way.

Punk was the second-highest merchandise seller behind John Cena at the time of his departure. It also upsets him a great deal knowing that the straight-edge superstar was going to be heavily featured in a high-profile match at WrestleMania 30, but those plans had to obviously be scrapped.

The CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment will be taking a more hands-on approach in trying to bring back Philip Brooks (CM Punk), instead of leaving the matter to his son-in-law Triple H.

HHH has taken Punk’s leaving more personally than expected. He’s obviously upset with the unprofessionalism that was on display, but knowing how Brooks was uncooperative in wanting to work out a match for the WM30 card has left a sour taste in his mouth.

If a match were to actually take place, the odds of Punk going over, especially with his contract coming to an end in July, are slim to none. Giving someone a rub on the biggest show of the year who’s just going to leave anyways over a guy who will be around for the long-term future (whether he’s a full-time performer or not) wouldn’t make sense.

The reason we haven’t seen a public burial on television is because McMahon has learned from similar situations in the past how to handle abrupt exits. To spare feelings incase a reconciliation is forged, we’ll likely never see negativity towards Punk on Monday Night RAW or Friday Night SmackDown.

There are many within WWE who believe that Punk will be away for quite some time, but with WM30 drawing ever closer, the Chairman of the Board will do everything in his power to bring one of his biggest stars back in time for the festivities.
http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/repo...ts-cm-punk-back-wwe-ready-to-bend-will/17580/

I'd say best overall talent is Dolph. Great in the ring? Check Good on the mic? Check. Over? Check. Superstar look? Check. I see no reason he can't be THE guy. Bryan is better in the ring, but Dolph isn't far behind, and Cena is better on the mic, but Zigs is not far behind. I'd say they're in the top 3 in my book. Give him another year and Rollins might be the very best. I'd say Dolph has already proven himself to be that guy, he's also good with media interviews and does a lot of charity events it's just not brought up all the time like Cena's.

I'm not willing to give Ziggler the nod yet. He needs consistent promo time.

Regarding the whole idea that Punk leaving in July means that HHH should beat him at Mania... that's just flat out dumb.

At this point in his in-ring career, HHH should be losing more often than winning (see Jericho, Chris as an example). He's bastically bulletproof in that regard. Why the hell does someone who wrestles 2 or 3 times a year need to win more often than lose? They sure as hell haven't treated Brock that way.

CM Punk on the other hand, even if he does leave in July, would look much better going over HHH at Mania. Because in the long run, Punk will do the right thing on his way out and give someone else the rub. Why does HHH, of all people, need the rub from a Mania win? It's completely asinine.

Honestly, if Vince is that desperate to bring Punk back, just give the guy what he wants...the Main Event Spot for this year's WM.

Heck, have Brock beat Batista for his WM Title Opportunity, and get Daniel Bryan involved.....so that we can have one of the most intense Triple Threat Matches for the World Title at this year's WM:

Daniel Bryan vs Brock vs CM Punk, with Punk going into Mania as Champion.

Punk wouldn't have to win but he would at least get his wish fulfilled in having been the main event/closing act for the show.

Haitch must be a little irked that Vince is still trying like hell to get Punk back.

:o

And I completely agree with H.U.S.T.L.E.. How does that make sense for Haitch to go over Punk because he'll be there longer? Not only is he a part-timer. He's the damn COO.

:doh:

After Punk ****ed off like he did, he shouldn't get the WM main event. Does he deserve a better match at WM? Of course, no one should have to lay down to the Nose of Noses. Ever. But going about it like that, if that is a demand, that's on the same level as Warrior "holding up" the SummerSlam main event for a better payday. We **** all over him for that story (although that's changed a bit in light of recent events), but giving Punk a main event match at the biggest stage of them all just so he sticks around through July is ********. There are others on the roster who take their lumps and piece of **** storylines that deserve the spot more, and they're the ones that should be fighting for the spot.

Yeah, Punk makes money, but that would be a ******** way to headline WM.

Of course, this is all theoretical because I don't know for sure if that would be a demand of his or not in order to return to the company. If it was, it would be a scumbag thing to do. Personally, I don't want him back any time soon. Let him stay away, and when he does come (and he will, they all do), he will get a great return. Right now, let's use this spot to elevate someone else and finally bring up some more talent from NXT.

And find out where the **** JTG is hiding!

I don't care about Punk staying or leaving after his contract ends(I like him but I ain't a mark for him)..But even I support his walking out and understand his frustrations,He's been one of the biggest work horses but keeps getting yanked down,That man deserves proper respect and a top position and definitely should be headlining WM by now.

Same with D-Bry,I like him but ain't a mark for him and I agree with everyone that he deserves so much more than what he's been getting!

Gotta love Paul "Verne Gagne" Levesque. I swear I'm starting to think Triple H might start running the company with himself as champion after Vince dies with the justification that he won't leave.

I hold nothing against CM Punk. He's paid his dues and has earned his stripes to IMHO do whatever he wants in the business.

He wasn't holding the company up for more money. He was upset with the direction of the company and wanted to leave. He was probably burned out and needed rest. I support him doing so 100%.

Here are my feelings, to me the WWE schedule is brutal and something HAS to change with it at some point. I realize they go all over the world and there is demand for these guys, but IMHO this schedule is insane. John Cena clearly can't take that much more of it.

The other thing that has to change is HHH. His act has really grown tiresome. Week after week we have to deal with him running everybody down and never getting shown up and no one running him down in return.

Also, while I don't agree with all of what Warrior did in 1991, he clearly did have a point to some of his grievances.

Also the 2005 Warrior DVD blatantly twists a lot of things and unfairly rails on the Warrior. Say what you want about the promos, they were a little out there but they were fun and totally in line with Warrior's character. I enjoy Warrior's classic promos more than HHH's overly scripted, overly written ones.

Just realized I've been meeting wrestlers for 10 years now. There's too many stories to tell, but the highlights of my decade of encounters:

Those are some great meetings. I've gotten to meet several of wrestlers over the years. Especially when I worked for Avis car rental.

I've met:

Ken Shamrock - first one I ever met and it was because he left the arena at a bad time and did an impromptu signing.

Matt Hardy and Lita- signing at spooky world in foxborough,ma. They were still team extreme. Lita was very nice and if you choked up she could get you out of your shell.

Bob Backlund- I bought his campaign shirt and he signed it for me.

Mick Foley- three different signings. Very nice guy.

Bret Hart- best buy DVD signing. He actually had a conversation with me when I expected to be pushed along. It was epic.

Jeff Hardy- at Logan airport by chance.

When I worked at Pensacola airport. Ken Anderson, Bobby Roode, Velvet Sky, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and Michael Hayes.

CM Punk- signing last year. Told me he was gonna quit ( haha just kidding) . Nice to me though.

At the rhode island convention this past November : Rikishi , Kevin Nash, and Danny Davis . Jimmy Snuka was there but I got cold feet for some reason.

People are critical of Punk for making demands but let's not forget he's eaten a crap sandwich for the past year and did everything they told him to do. The problem is that he thought it would pay off. All we wanted was to main event Wrestlemania. One of the biggest stars on the roster wants to win the rumble and headline WM. Isn't that what's supposed to happen?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's bad for business for anyone to make demands , but he's right to do it. They very notion of him losing to Triple H at mania is astoundingly stupid. Punk could of lost his last match in July. I don't see why they have to kick him out the door though. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean you should punish him for it. It just doesn't make sense.

As for the meet and greets, I've talked to a lot of guys at indy shows, but what I remember most was from 2009 when I got to interview Bret Hart for an early incarnation of Gorilla Blood radio.

You would think that Batista could be the #2 merch seller now with him getting all that money and a WrestleMania main event....... Guess not.

The thing is, Punk has been putting the work in the last several years.

Also, so does John Cena for that matter. Even though we don't like Cena, he's always making the appearances and doing all the dirty jobs.

Punk was going everywhere. He was doing the house shows, the conventions, the autograph signings, etc. He does his work for the fans. He's a man of the people.

IMHO Batista has never been as big as when he got his initial huge push in 2005 and became world champion. He had a good heel run and all, but he's never been as big as he was at that time.

I know. I was making fun of of the fact WWE doesn't expect Batista to fill the merch void and yet he gets the moon.

CM Punk on the other hand, even if he does leave in July, would look much better going over HHH at Mania. Because in the long run, Punk will do the right thing on his way out and give someone else the rub. Why does HHH, of all people, need the rub from a Mania win? It's completely asinine.

Agreed. Punk winning the main event of Wrestlemania 30 whether its for the Undisputed Championship or defeating Helmsley is good enough for me. He's earned his moment of going on last at The Grand Spectacle.

I've met:

Nice. I forgot to mention the time I met and hanged out with Brian Knobs at a nightclub in Las Vegas of all places, lol.

I got to be honest, the writers of the F4W rumors really phrase their stuff in weird fashion a lot.

Also let's not forget that WWE put over RVD at WrestleMania in 2007 in the old ECW vs. New ECW match. RVD was about to leave at point, but RVD getting the win was apparently their way of showing good will to him to try and get him to stay.

really baffled at the large amount of hideous merchandise for daniel bryan

You mean you don't love the hairy hat?

W05964.jpg

Bottom line is this. If the reports are true and McMahon thinks Punk is so important to merch sales, then you'd think that would be enough to get him a main event over Batista, who I'm willing to bet couldn't outdraw a possible Cena vs Taker match, who are two guys who appear every year. Vince should be confidant enough in his investment in Batista to take a temporary merch slide but he's allegedly not.

Last edited:
Keller says Orton is in the doghouse and might be jobbing to Taker rather than working with Batista in the main event of WrestleMania 30. I bet Ziggler wishes he was punished like that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"