The Wrestling Thread...I Thought You Were Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WWE Network would get the same amount of access as the NFL Network, which isn't much compared to ESPN.

seriously....Adam Schefter ditched the NFL Network like a bad habit when ESPN came calling and is poised to take over Morts spot when he's gone

Im thinking USA will keep them around but the future of SmackDown is far from certain....I think it could definitely lead to a restructuring/downsizing of the WWE

USA will probably keep Raw yes, but at a much cheaper deal than what the UFC got. Vince McMahon probably won't like it and will probably rage about it, but he may not have any other choice.

The UFC downsized when they merged the WEC, and they'll probably do the same with Strikeforce, releasing all of the female fighters and Strikeforce announcers (except Gus Johnson, who went to Fox).

Im thinking USA will keep them around but the future of SmackDown is far from certain....I think it could definitely lead to a restructuring/downsizing of the WWE

Do you know why Smackdown doesn't air on USA?

not to mention the steady viewership off of NCIS and Law and Order reruns

I have always thought that it wasn't going to be the lack of a TV deal that ends TNA, but something similar to what the WWE went through in the summer of 2007 that ends TNA. The WWE has been around long enough to recover from something like that, but I have serious doubts that TNA would recover from something similar.

I remember when they had a SVU marathon and the theme was ''Episodes where Elliot is shown shirtless"

I remember when they had a SVU marathon and the theme was ''Episodes where Elliot is shown shirtless"

Have they had a marathon of SVU episodes where the theme was "Episodes where Elliot goes on a Rage and beats the crap out of a bad guy to an inch of his life?"

Much better than the previous week's marathon: Episodes where Munch is shown shirtless. :(

IF NBC drops WWE and Comcast&others ain't interested..I'm sure Vince will do whatever it takes to get a WWE Network as soon as the current deal with NBC ends though!

Even that isn't that easy. Just ask Oprah how her network is doing and she's a so called media juggernaut.

Do you know why Smackdown doesn't air on USA?

SyFy and USA fall under the umbrella of the same corporate parent company though.

A lot of the same people at the top will want to see accountability.

I agree with BlackLantern that Raw is far more safe on USA. The WWE and Raw in particular have a long history with the USA network and delivering for them. We're talking well over 20 years going back to when USA was still pretty new on the cable block. Comcast or whoever might not be so willing to shake that up as long as Raw is doing ok.

Smackdown isn't in the same situation as a long running integral part of SyFy even if they are a top show there. People haven't become nearly as accustomed to WWE on SyFy as they have with WWE on USA.

Have they had a marathon of SVU episodes where the theme was "Episodes where Elliot goes on a Rage and beats the crap out of a bad guy to an inch of his life?"

I think they did actually just not with the ''beat to an inch of his life''

hardydvd.jpg

What a show of disrespect on WWE's part on the Hart family possessions. :mad:

As Metallo said, if it was Vince's father's stuff, it would be a whole different story.

I guess all of that reconciliation stuff from last year is over. I hope Bret comments on this.

I have always thought that it wasn't going to be the lack of a TV deal that ends TNA, but something similar to what the WWE went through in the summer of 2007 that ends TNA. The WWE has been around long enough to recover from something like that, but I have serious doubts that TNA would recover from something similar.

Id agree

That was pretty careless on WWE's part.I mean a picture of Mae Young?What the Hell?

I think the picture was a way of saying "Go **** Yourself Very Much"

and trying to represent that the Hart family is saggy&old news!

It surprises me that the WWE hasn't released these people yet:

- Trent Barreta
- Tyler Recks
- Curt Hawkins
- Primo
- JTG
- Skip Sheffield
- Heath Slater
- The Uso Twins
- Tyson Kidd
- Drew McIntyre
- Rosa Mendes

What exactly is preventing the WWE from releasing these people? It's not like any of them are of any value to the WWE.

Tyson Kidd has actually been tearing it up, match-wise. And Barreta is pretty solid in the ring as well.

The rest I could do without.:o

It surprises me that the WWE hasn't released these people yet:

- Trent Barreta
- Tyler Recks
- Curt Hawkins
- Primo
- JTG
- Skip Sheffield
- Heath Slater
- The Uso Twins
- Tyson Kidd
- Drew McIntyre
- Rosa Mendes

What exactly is preventing the WWE from releasing these people? It's not like any of them are of any value to the WWE.

Probably that they fired or had quit some of the more "veteran" talent like Gail, Melina, and Chavo, etc, who probably had more expensive contracts and were only being used as jobbers anyway, so why keep the more expensive ones around when you can keep cheaper jobbers on staff since they're newer.

did Gail Kim quit or was she "future endeavoured?"

i think drew has potential he seems like a guy wwe is gonna push at anytime

The Sin Cara character on the Smackdown brand event over the weekend in Tacoma, Washington was the original Cara returning from his WWE Wellness suspension. WWE sources indicate that Hunico, who portrayed Cara the past two weeks on Smackdown TV episodes, received high marks from WWE management and may be on the fast track to being brought up from developmental in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"