The Wrestling Thread Mustache You a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anybody said this yet, but the only way for Brock to lose now that wouldn't seem stupid is for HBK or somebody to interfere

g-i-joe-retaliation-channing-tatum-600x400.jpg

g-i-joe-retaliation-dwayne-johnson-600x379.jpg

dwayne-johnson-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x399.jpg

adrianne-palicki-dj-cotrona-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x400.jpg

dwayne-johnson-channing-tatum-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x400.jpg

dwayne-johnson-g-i-joe-retaliation-2-600x330.jpg

It is.Then let's see it. If it's that clear then quoting me on it should be easy. Show where I said "no one wants to see Cena win" or something even close to that. If you can't, admit you're just making that **** up & putting words in my mouth.

For a guy that does a lot of making sh** up yourself thats hilarious. You're so good at digging up old posts to b*** about do it yourself.

You've talked time and again about how tired people are of Cena winning in this context. Nothing new. If you've never said it why do you constantly b*** about Cena and how stale he is?

1st I thought we went over this b4. You had a post where you quoted me. Whenever I get on here I look for who responded to something I said & respond to them. 2nd I didn't ONLY respond to you. I responded to NDX also for the same reason. Pay attention. Anytime I notice that I've been quoted & responded to I'm gonna respond when I come back to SHH. This ain't rocket science.

And thats the excuse to only talk about sh** like this over and over? I respond to people who quoted me too but I talk about a much broader variety of topics because unlike you I don't have an agenda. I'm here to talk wrestling...not swoosh in and try to push some argument about John Cena because I get off on it or have an ax to grind. Its the same way with other posters in here. I like to talk about things positive and negative instead of slagging somebody off because I'm biased and ******** because Cenas not my cup of tea. There's plenty of stuff to actually enjoy without focusing on one thing most of the time. If you hate it that much send Vince a message and stop watching.

The vast majority of your posts of late have been about b***ing about Cena. Show me otherwise. And most of what you've said is responding to me.

I'm paying attention just fine. Thats why its clear this kind of sh** is all you usually talk about when you post in this thread.

You sure? I'm not gonna put in the effort to dispute tho. If I was wrong I should've said "nearly a decade".

I'm already pretty calm. Nobodys putting words in your mouth. If anyones doing that its you. You can't even bother to get Cenas time on top right without b***ing. For a guy who complains about it so much you weren't even paying enough attention to get your f***ing facts straight. He didn't become THE focus until 2005 and even then HHH vs Batista was the bigger event at WM21.

Its a prime example of what I talk about when I post on guys like you who can't give a fair assement. Making complaints on Cena that aren't even accurate.

I'll stop telling you to calm down when you start acting like you can understand what I say & stop putting words in my mouth. Deal?

Unlike you the vast majority of my time in this thread isn't focused on this partucular discussion or b***ing about Cena. If I was so uncalm I'd be focusing only on this. I'm not. There's a bunch of other cool stuff to talk about and I have been. You're the one that seems to be hellbelt on keeping it going. Like John Cena and blaming him for everything is your primary reason for being here. maybe you should calm doww on your Cena hate. You act as if its personal between you and he. :oldrazz:

Not as hard to follow as you're making it seem. I already said these circumstances apply to some of the people who don't want another boring face run. I'm just saying it's not all of them.

Aaaand this applies to none of what I said. It still doesn't mean that a lot of people wouldn't care if WWE went out of business because of their poor decisions. A lot of them have moved on.

Even when WWE does something good and puts on good shows that DO get a lot of press a lot of them still write WWE off like its crap or something children watch. I know a ton of people like that. A lot of people look down their nose at pro wrestling already and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of former fans have joined those ranks because its not cool. I knew plenty of causal fans like that. It wasn't about the quality. It was about wether or not it was trendy to watch. Once the trend ended the audience peeled off little by little. The Attitude Era had a lot of sh** too but some of it still got eaten up by so called fans like it was all actually good.

I've shown where you are the one assuming already. Nothing I've done even compares.

Assuming this whole angle and even Punk losing to Rock is all about Cena. You'd see that if you weren't blinding yourself in a desperate attempt to prove it to be true because you want it to be true.

You asked Why Rock didn't lose to Punk. I answered you with a very easy to follow answer. I wanted him to lose to Punk which I also made clear. Do you understand anything?

I understand this is a sh**ty answer that doesn't hold up. That seems to be what all this is about because you don't like what you are hearing.

Rock could have lost one to Punk then beat him later. They had TWO matches. You do understand that right? Keep up. It would have also helped with the glaring absences during his title reign to win it later. Those problems only weaken the image belt thats being dropped to Cena.

Any idiot can see I answered this. What's wrong with you? Do I need to color my font red? How many times do I have to repeat myself? Go back & read my post again. You're wasting both of our time if you can't understand simple **** like this.

How am I wasted your time? Am I forcing you to keep posting? Thats your choice. Your'e the one hellbelt on proving what you're saying right. If you think your time is being wasted then just stop. Your reply here was ******ed. If you feel your time is being wasted YOU are the one doing that not me.

You don't seem to understand the idea that Rock could have lostto Punk then won the title later to put Cena over. Your theory relies on absolutes. Nothing here was absolute. Some people thought it was an absolute that Rock would come back and do more than he has. Boy were they wrong.

What part of "It's ****ed up how the Rock's been used" or "this buildup isn't great" do you not get? Why do we argue about **** we AGREE on?

You don't understand WHY its so f***ed up. Any idiot can see why and what the purpose of his current usage is. But you apparently can't.

Cena and Rock have been poorly booked & used. Cena's there all the time so naturally he's been booked poorly more often. That's how I see it & all the *****ing in the world ain't gonna stop me from voicing my opinion. Learn to love it or ignore it.

You'd learn to do the same. Your opinion is biased though. And your opinion seems to be centered on refuting what I say not just your feelings on Cena. I don't give a f*** what your opinion is. Have it or not. Up to you. Its your right but you seem to take issue when someone puts up a fair open minded and logically thought out counterarguement to your talk of "its all about John Cena...booo." If you want to keep your blinders on thats on you.

lol Deal with it. I don't care if I'm not complaining enough about the Rock to please you.
True. That's very ****ed up. Hopefully they change that. Probably won't. Business as usual

Dea with what? So you admit you're just trolling. You didn't even try to explain the other side/why you think Rock is doing what he's doing and why Vince is doing it this way. Your whole argument is built on it all being about Cena but here where you replied to me I said why it WASN'T about Cena and offerred evidence. If you are SO sure about what you're saying how am I wrong?

Like I said Rock vs Brock is a prime example of what this is REALLY all about. If it was about Cena they'd have Cena be top dog at WM30 in the main event. But Vince knows Rock vs Brock will get the biggest attention possible. THATS what its been about for the last 3 years, more than ever, in WWE. That is now THE goal for him and has been for a while.

Only you are focused on one single part of the issue like a laser while ignoring everything else at your convenience. If the main push here was to put Cena over they'd do EVERYTHING in their power to make Cena look as good as possible. They'd have had Rock agree to better terms a few years ago. They've always gone out of their way to devote all resources to push Cena as the top dog before so why not now? They did in 2005 when it WAS about getting Cena over no matter what. Hell we haven't even SEEN as much of Cena on Raw because The Red Carpet champion hasn't been around as much. If they REALLY wanted to stick it to the Rock and put Cena over they would have had CENA debut the new WWE title belt. They gave it to ROCK because he has a much wider and stronger acess to the Hollywood media than Cena. Thats a prime example of why this is about pimping the WWE and Vince chasing the mainstream exposure he's chased for thirty f***ing years. Its been the same MO BEFORE Cena and it'll be that way AFTER Cena.

I think Cena has more. It seemed like they cared @least a lil bit about other stuff besides Hogan. All the belts seemed to matter more then. Same applies to the attitude era. It seemed like they wanted everything on the card to matter. It's not like that anymore.

Cena has NEVER held the belt for four f***ing years. How does Cena have more than that? Even all of Cenas combined reigns don't equal the length of Hogans first one. Hogan went over FAR more than Cena even has. How is that Cena getting more?

Who did more jobs in their first five years as the face of WWE: Cena or Hogan? Cena has never been allowed to politic the way Hogan has. Hogan was fed a steady stream of opponents in a way that even Cena hasn't been for the long term.

Cena worked in the midcard for a few years before he got the top spot. Hogan didn't have to do that. After Rocky III and his AWA run Hogan got the belt a month after coming back to WWF. The new WWF under Vince for the first time.

Savage's sucess was sacrificed at the alter of Hogans ego. Thats usually never happened with Cena. Cenas put Punk over clean a LOT more times than Hogan put Savage over. Guys weren't allowed to look nearly as strong against Hogan for long periods as guys are allowed to look strong against Cena.

Even when Cena wasn't champion he hung around the spotlight and the focus was still on him much more. With Cena guys have at least gotten SOME time to shine without Cena sticking his nose in. Not much but its happened.

When Savage won the title at WM4 Hogan was RIGHT THERE next to him. Cena has at least let guys have their moment.

The difference is, compared to Hogan, we SEE more of Cena week to week and month to month on tv and PPV so its more obvious. But thats because there is more tv and PPV time to be filled. But that started during HOGANS era and really escalated during the Monday Night Wars.

Another difference is the midcard MATTERED during Hogans run and got strong focus beneath his main event work. Not true with Cenas era. That has less to do with Cena. WWE's focus on the midcard has been eroding for over a decade. Before Cena became top guy. Vince's entire view on his roster and his entertainment model for WWE has changed in the last decade.

That has more to do with what he learned from and what he had to deal with as far as stars in the 80's and 90's. It has more to do with him coming out on top against WCW and ECW. The way the wrestling talent was used and percieved and how they were presented on air started changing 20 years ago when they had more tv time to fill with new content. Long before Cena. TV is no longer just a tool to promote ppv's but a medium that brings them a lot of money and viewers in its own right. That alone is one thing that changed how many wrestlers were featured and used.

I'll probably mention it as much as I feel like mentioning it. I don't recall saying this is Cena's fault and not the bookers/Vince. Only wrestler I blame for how he's booked is HHH since he's got too much clout backstage without the wisdom to use himself properly.

Agreed on the way the midcard has been mishandled. Cesaro/Dolph jobbing to Miz all the time now is horrible

Then why do you mention Cena more than you ever mention Vince Mcmahon even though he is relevant in the general direction the main event has been going in? Mention it as much as you feel like? You are ok with sayng in the end its all about putting Cena over but whos fault is that? Then when I asked you in the past you still didn't really go into detail on Vince how HIM doing all this hurts the company.

The midcard is Vince doing what he's doing because he doesn't give a damn. He sees them as interchangable parts. As long as he has a few top stars like Cena, Punk, HHH, Taker, Rock, and Lesnar to draw almost everyone else is just filler. He wants the WWE brand name to draw not the specific stars. Thats another change from 10, 15, 20, 25, and even 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
g-i-joe-retaliation-channing-tatum-600x400.jpg

g-i-joe-retaliation-dwayne-johnson-600x379.jpg

dwayne-johnson-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x399.jpg

adrianne-palicki-dj-cotrona-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x400.jpg

dwayne-johnson-channing-tatum-g-i-joe-retaliation-600x400.jpg

dwayne-johnson-g-i-joe-retaliation-2-600x330.jpg

Hopefully this will be better than the sh**ty Rise of Cobra. Even though it looks better looks can be deceiving. I won't hold my breath. Tatum alone is one thing that sucks. This is one time I hope we see a reboot...soon.

At least Snake Eyes doesn't have lips again (I guess since that whole movie did a lot of sucking) but I wish they'd toned down the armor. He's a commando/ninja. He should have some body armor but don't overdo it.

Originally Posted by Kaleb
This hire is meaningless as long as Vince is around.

Agreed. Any new writer is just a tool. Vince is the one that signs off on everything. In the end we only got soap opera because thats what he wanted. Thats what he okayed. They've been hiring tv/soap style writers for years so thats the direction they'v wanted to go in. Even when Vince is gone will Stephanie change her whole style?

Last edited:
Ha! Pink Ranger will probably get what I'm saying but I just had a hilarous thought. John Cena: The Conrad "Duke" Hauser of The WWE. They suddenly reminded me of each other for a lot of reasons. Especially Sunbow cartoon Duke and Cena. Except...even Duke didn't always bother to annoyingly "rise above the hate."

They even both fight a guy wearing a Cobra logo.

- Even if WrestleMania 29 doesn't match the record-setting 2007 event of come even with WrestleMania 28, it will most likely set a new mark with overall pay-per-view revenue. WWE has increased the price of WrestleMania by $5 so it will be $59.95 for standard definition and $69.95 for HD this year. If the price increase doesn't turn buyers away, it will lead to $3 million in extra revenue, based on 1.2 million worldwide buys, not including the increase in viewers who have moved to HD. Based on changes in annual trends, viewers moving to HD could add another $900,000 in profit.

- The No Holds Barred stipulation for Brock Lesnar and Triple H at WrestleMania 29 was decided on just a few days before RAW as several stipulations including Hell In a Cell were being considered. One idea discussed would have Shawn Michaels be in Triple H's corner to counteract Paul Heyman being there.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/365877201.php

So...basically they can probably say it did better in no small part because they raised the price on everything. :whatever:

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out if fewer people buy not just because of the price but not being as interested in the show/card/main event as last year.

Even if they get a lot of buys more people might go into buying it together with the price increase.

Thank God they skipped HIAC. Already saw Haitch in it last year. Like someone else said the only real reason for that would be to improve his cell match standing and career.

I'm also glad they decided to not use HBK. The more you use him the less special his appearances in things like this are. They should be made to really matter. They've already used him once for the lesnar feud. Triple H looks evne less interesting as a charcter if they have to constantly use Shawn Michaels to gain interest in his storylines and feuds. Shouldn't he be able to build that on his own sometimes?

Last edited:
The WWE can't just have a demo that is 100% kids and families. It doesn't work that way for WWE. They need to go the route of the NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL. All four have kid/family friendly initiatives and programs, but also have stuff geared more towards adults. The NFL is a perfect example. They have kids stuff such as Punt, Pass and Kick, and Play 60, but they also have commercials of NFL fans drinking beer (and I believe Coors Light is an official NFL sponsor) and fantasy football. Major League Baseball works very closely with the Boys and Girls Clubs plus all of the MLB teams have their own family friendly programs and initiatives. The NBA has "NBA Cares" and the NHL supports Youth hockey. They also have their video games, which are usually rated "E" for everyone.

What the WWE is doing is stupid if they are gearing their product entirely towards families. They need something for the adults who have no families.

There needs to be a balance between having stuff geared towards children and more adult oriented stuff.

Since WWE isn't doing their Wrestlemania Moments, I'll share my favorite one from each event in pictures:

WrestleMania_01_-_Hogan_Et_Mr_T_Vs__display_image.jpg

WrestleMania_02_-_British_Bulldogs_Vs_Valentine_Et_Beefcake_01_display_image.jpg

HulkHoganvsAndretheGiant_display_image.jpg

Wrestlemania-4-Macho-Man-Randy-Savage_2069674_display_image.jpg

2005_02_13_hogan5.jpg

644447_4739106643506_1545083652_n.jpg

313724_4739222406400_1508234138_n.jpg

457056.jpg

164411_4739240806860_186576156_n.jpg

wwf%20bret%20title.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJCcE9BfSBbnLBPU9e,yyOw~~60_35.JPG

734312_4739254607205_1670880599_n.jpg

draft_lens6297202module50271372photo_1250310003undertaker-belt.jpg

17776_512x288_manicured__2OHjByHB0kK0rb819TnnVg1_display_image.jpg

577322_4739274207695_889305768_n.jpg

post-2-1144713771_display_image.jpg

20110622_past_ppvs_wm17_l_display_image.jpg

(The most controversial moment in WWF history)
733750_4739107763534_916200635_n.jpg

16-kurt-angle-wrestlemania-xix.jpg

455166.jpg

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
The WWE can't just have a demo that is 100% kids and families. It doesn't work that way for WWE. They need to go the route of the NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL. All four have kid/family friendly initiatives and programs, but also have stuff geared more towards adults. The NFL is a perfect example. They have kids stuff such as Punt, Pass and Kick, and Play 60, but they also have commercials of NFL fans drinking beer (and I believe Coors Light is an official NFL sponsor) and fantasy football. Major League Baseball works very closely with the Boys and Girls Clubs plus all of the MLB teams have their own family friendly programs and initiatives. The NBA has "NBA Cares" and the NHL supports Youth hockey. They also have their video games, which are usually rated "E" for everyone.

What the WWE is doing is stupid if they are gearing their product entirely towards families. They need something for the adults who have no families.

There needs to be a balance between having stuff geared towards children and more adult oriented stuff.

Agreed. I said something similar a little while ago.

Originally Posted by Slushy
To be fair, he's gotten better since the last G.I. Joe film

He's still a terrible choice for Duke either inspired by any/all versions of Duke or as a totally new version considering how big a role the character plays on the team. Tatum was arguably the worst piece of casting from the first film when looking at everything about each actors work and their charcters. Others got saddled with crap but they weren't as wrong as far as raw casting. Wayans is right next to Tatum though but even he was a better actor back then. He was just happy doing mostly crap.

Nichols was OK but they didn't even bother to bring her back. Park was a solid choice for Snake Eyes but they didn't really use him as well as they could have been.

Originally Posted by Slushy
559674_4739310728608_1211321134_n.jpg

God d*amn I REALLY hate Cenas version fo the STF(U) sometimes. Couldn't he bring that b*stard in a LITTLE closer?

Last edited:
I thought the crossface would be a good finishing hold for Cena. His arms are big enough to look like they could beak your neck by pulling and tugging on it.

Cena's STF should be called The Deuce, because his expression while applying it makes him look like he's dropping a deuce.

Hulkster with the rhyming scheme.

LOL at Aries and Roode's shirts.

I guess Bully had to explain his long thoight out plan to make it all look more clever. Thats spelling it out too much but he still does such a good job at it.

Those Olympus Has Fallen commercials do the film no justice. The trailer's much better.

Also, I want those shirts the Dirty Heels have.

How was that the most controversial moment in the WWF history with the screwjob and the entire Benoit thing?

Yeah I agree with you.

If we are talking about WWF moments that were broadcast but weren't storyline I'd say Owen Hart dying at Over the Edge and the show going on was worse. In hihdsight the Benoit tribute Raw was worse. Stephanie comparing 9/11 to her dads steroid trial was awful.

If we are talking about storyline/kayfabe stuff...Orton saying Eddie was in hell was bad. Eddiesploitation was VERY controversial.

The Montreal screwjob has to take the cake for me. a Looooot of hate for a few people began that day. The screwjob helped spawn Mr McMahon.

Hernandez's use of the ramp was great. Why I like that entrance so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"