The Wrestling Thread Mustache You a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially how long will it be until HHH takes over?

Some news on the potential network:

- Price would be between $13 and $15 per month.

- Break even point would be one million subscribers.

- The goal is to eliminate Pay Per Views and put them all on the network.

I’d like to see them put loads of old RAWs and SmackDowns, as well as the stuff they have the rights to and some documentaries - it could be a real good channel if they done it right.
WWE's gonna be **** outta luck there.

At least meanwhile it seems there won't be scripts,Should be getting much better promos from everyone including Cena

Unless Cena was writing them Star Wars promos of his.

Speaking of Punk, there were a lot of people not happy with his backstage segment at last night's RAW where he juggled around Paul Bearer's urn to taunt The Undertaker. The feeling was that it wasn't as good as the Punk-Bearer-Taker stuff from the week before and that this one was bad for WWE and just bad in general. On a related note, it's said there is some kind of issue between Punk and WWE creative right now but we don't know what those problems might be.

The issue couldn't be that his current angle is dog****, could it? :dry:
- There has been some talk of having Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns go over Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show at WrestleMania 29, leading to the long-awaited Orton heel turn.

Errrr that is exactly what should be happening, if a team with Cena on couldn't beat them then the team at Mania shouldn't be able to get the job done.
- Another big heel turn in the works may be Kofi Kingston.

He's too much of a Ricky Steamboat for a heel turn to work IMO.
- The Divas match at WrestleMania 29 may end up being eight-Divas action The Bella Twins, Layla and Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn, Cameron, Naomi and TV personality Maria Menounos.
:facepalm:
ESPN's article also took a shot at last night's Raw, stating that it "will go down as one of the historically bad nights in wrestling television (and a clear signal that they need to end the three-hour experiment)."

I think everyone agrees with this.

v9bhk4.jpg

:funny:

- As noted before, the current plan is for Triple H to defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29. The big issue is that WWE officials want Lesnar to headline WrestleMania 30 against The Rock so he shouldn't be doing any jobs now. Regarding Rock vs. Brock, the plan is to do a subtle tease with the two on the RAW the night after WrestleMania this year. The idea is to only do a tease and not push it too hard so fans won't expect it's happening at SummerSlam.

So next year will see this nostalgia part time stuff reach the pinnacle of stupidity with BOTH guys in the main event being part timers. :whatever:

Has anyone ever heard of the backstage WWF faction known as the Bone Street Krew? Apparently they were rivals of the Kliq that consisted of : Undertaker, Paul Bearer, Yokozuna, Henry Godwinn, Phineas Godwinn, Godfather, Crush, Savio Vega, and a few others.

I'd heard of it but didn't know that was what the letters stood for until now.

yip I think one of the godwins did a shoot recently talking about it, and Taker has BSK tatoo'd onto his stomach if im correct.

WWFonTour.gif

The kliq and BSK

I'm guessing that pic was early 96 as Austin is in it. Triple H looks so devious lol.

Great pic. :up:

Finally some positive news, maybe some faces can actually get over if they aren't all getting the same scripted comedy promos.

It sucks that even vets like the Undertaker are using scripted promos...the promo he did on monday was so forced.

Ask yourself this: do you think a guy who's just debuted a couple of weeks back deserves to be in a match against a guy who many consider to be among the best ever in the business at the biggest pay-per-view in the world today? Regardless of if you take into account that Curtis has been on TV before, the answer is still no. Jericho vs. Ziggler, Miz, or Barrett would all seem far more fitting.

Pretty much exactly what I'm saying.

He does everything too slow. Slow is all he does now.

It just seems like every ounce of energy he once had is gone. This is both because his momentum evaporated and because he's just performing lazily in the ring. He has this weird strut when he's performing, like he's hot ****--but everything he does is executed with an aura of "whatever." When he drops to the mat these days for the RKO, it's more like he's flopping into bed.

I kind of want them to find something to re-energize him just so I don't have to watch this snoozefest anymore. If the WWE can still find ways to energize Kane and Big Show after all these years (even if they quickly forget about them afterwards) then Randy might be saved.

Wrestlemania this year, like last year, is shaking out to be weird and stupid. Supposed top guy Sheamus is stuck in a six man tag, and Ziggler, who needs to be booked strong so he can ascend to top guy, is also stuck in a tag match. Jericho, who should be put to use putting Ziggler over, is wrestling with the lamest ass on the roster. Meanwhile, Punk is going to get squashed by a part-timer, and the second biggest match of the show is going to be Battle of the Part-Timers: Part 2, Electric Boogalo. And Jack Swagger wrestling for the world title? What?

Also: Jericho needs to be booked stronger in between pay-per-views. He wants to put guys over, but it doesn't mean anything if all he ever does is lose. He needs to win matches for credibility on Raw, then put guys over at PPVs.

For what it's worth, Jericho already put Ziggler over.

I'd love to see some Raw and Smackdown from when I started watching.

Same here.

The Rock will be on the Tonight Show tonight, which is hosted of course by a man who has Jimmy Fallon on the list of "I am going to screw people out of the Tonight Show"

- As noted before, WWE is hiring for a new Vice President of WWE Kids Entertainment. They want someone who has worked in children's programming for at least ten years and is into kids pop culture and current trends.

WWE is planning a specific initiative to gear up to promote their product harder with kids and families. Specifically, they are looking at new ideas and initiatives to make the WWE brand stronger with mothers and their children.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As noted before, WWE is hiring for a new Vice President of WWE Kids Entertainment. They want someone who has worked in children's programming for at least ten years and is into kids pop culture and current trends.

WWE is planning a specific initiative to gear up to promote their product harder with kids and families. Specifically, they are looking at new ideas and initiatives to make the WWE brand stronger with mothers and their children.

:csad:

Fun fact: Rey's been WWE for 10 years now and not once has he ever had a one on one match with Hunter. Pretty crazy since they're both former world champions.

It's interesting that certain wrestlers can be on the same roster for many years without crossing paths. I thought Triple H and Rey had good chemistry in the 2006 Rumble. I wouldn't care this match now though unless Triple H turned heel .

It was talked about the other day, but I think Rey should have one last match and retire. That would of been a good moment for Wrestlemania. They could also do it at Summerslam where he made his WWE debut.

:huh: I like Maria a lot and respect her fandom and talent but...why the hell is she involved in this? She's on tv but not in a big enough way to make any real difference with the buyrate. This is one time I'd totally agree with Divas who might be pissed. She's taking a spot with no real thing to offer. The most she should be doing is accompanying the face Divas to the ring and standing in their corner. It has the same effect Vince seems to think will happen.

This is a prime example of what people are talking about when they discuss Vince's desperate desire for mainstream attention

I liked the original idea of bringing in former divas and having them face the current roster .This is just a slap in the face to anyone on the roster. I like Maria , but it doesn't make sense to bring her in at the last minute. The Diva division is struggling and shouldn't be taking a backseat to a t.v. host.

- There have been discussions about turning Kofi Kingston heel with the idea that he’s talented but has been booked in a way where they will never be able to get him over as a babyface without a heel turn and push first.

- A new change in WWE developmental is to give the talents bullet points instead of scripts and teaching them to do promos like they used to be done.
It’s been noted that Triple H is far more old school in his thoughts on pro wrestling than Vince McMahon and when he’s in full control, we will likely see the storylines evolve back to a more believable and serious approach.

I'm glad they haven't given up on Kofi. He needs a character change. I like his matches , but he never has an interesting storyline.

Also they need to start implementing some of these changes now. I seems like everyone is going through the motions. At least more of the old school changes might motivate some people.

I finished watching the Bret Hart dungeon collection. I thought it was a good set of matches and interesting heat Bret's thoughts on all the wrestlers. He talked about how Vader was a stiff worker and pancakes him several times , but then Vader would feel lousy after the matches because he was trying his best to be safe. Also he mentioned Hakushi was very capable , but held back because management treated him like crap. It's a shame, I liked Hakushi.

It's ******ed. Don't target them too much. Once again I have to cite professional sports. The major sports leagues have special programs that appeal to kids (The NFL with Play 60 and Punt, Pass and Kick, Major League Baseball and the Boys and Girls Club, The NBA Cares Program, The NHL and their support for youth hockey plus the video games) but they also target their parents as well with endless adult oriented commercials and promotions (usually beer commercials).

IF Bret Hart hadn't gotten injured by Goldberg and not have a stroke..Anybody think he would've gone to TNA before working it out with Vince?,I think he would've done at least a one-time match at a early TNA ppv with a few appearances at Impact before it,Basically a role like DDP had.

Also I think he would've had much better matches with Vince&Miz IF it wasn't for injury/stroke!

And yet you once again put it all on no one wanting to see Cena win but didn't bother to go into the counter option all the while saying at least "some fans wil be happy if Rock retains". Like I said the other option is just as bad for other reasons.
You're getting worse. 1st you were focusing only on the parts of my posts you could get pissed at. Then you were making crazy assumptions. Now you're just flat out putting words in my mouth. Maybe I'm drunk, but I'd really like to see where the hell did I say "No one wants to see Cena win". Because that would be me taking a page out of your book and making a huge assumption about a bunch of people I don't know. I'd like you to quote me on that if I said it or anything close to it. If you can't I'd like you to stop putting words in my mouth and focus more on the stuff that I actually do say. lol I say enough **** that pisses you off, you don't need to imagine more

Get off the high horse with that condescending "relax" crap. People say sh** like that to try to discredit what others are saying. I was relaxed until you started saying stuff like that. Thats annoying more than anything. Telling me "I'm assuming?" You're just as guilty in this instance when you say stuff like that. I'm was calm...and I'm not assuming anything. How am I assuming that casual fans have left the WWE viewing audience in droves over the last ten years? Am I assuming that those same people don't give WWE a chance even WHEN they put on a good product Like Punks "pipebomb run" because they are the wrestling fan equivlant of star f***ers? Some of those same people who stick their nose back in whenever Dwayne pops in for a quick spotlight grab say Punk doesn't have it even though he's been outperforming Rock like crazy over the past year? Those same peope making excuses for him not being around? If they did give a damn they'd get behind guys like Punk more when they knock it out of the park instead of holding him to some stuck in the past Attitude Era mark standard. He got mainstream attention so that excuse that people didn't know doesn't work in every case. People also see him whenever they tune in to see Rock.
Maybe I'm the crazy one. To me it seems like you get overly heated about this stuff. Am I the only one who sees it that way? &Yes you were making huge assumptions about the "some" who don't want to see another boring face title run from Cena. How do you know they wouldn't give a **** if WWE went outta biz? You went to all of their houses & took a poll? Maybe a portion of them don't, but some do care and are just tired as hell of the Cena problem that's existed for over a decade. Moreso than they are tired of the Rock problem that's existed for a few months.

Some people tried giving them a chance after the pipebomb, but when HHH and other people killed the momentum and it was made very clear that it was still the Cena show they realized that things may never really change. At least not as long as Cena's a face. & if they really wanted this redemption **** to not look ridiculous Brock should have beat Cena's ass too. But god forbid Cena lose twice. I guess it's ok for that to happen to Punk, but not the golden boy. Business as usual

Whats f***ed up is how you dump on Cena but look for back doors to give the Rock even a sliver of a pass when they're both equally to blame for this crappy main event. but you don't really bother to go into that instead in the past talking about how I'm "brainwashed" into thinking Cena should win or some other stuff like that. This whole main event is nothing but McMahon's desperate bid for mainstream attention while not bothering to put the work in to create a quality main even scenario.

Once again you put it on Cena. The ultimate goal was to get he WWE mainstream attention and desperatly try to pop a bigger buyrate. If it was JUST about putting Cena over Rock wouldn't be parading around red carpets and press junkets with the belt more than he's on Raw.

Rock could have put Cena over LAST year. Hell they even could have made this for the belt...LAST YEAR. Thats why your talk of the ultimate goal in all these decisions being to put Cena over just don't fly. Thats only part of it. Hell Cenas time on raw has been LIMITED because they don't ahve Rock around to work with him. Thats putting Cena over? They know having Cena and no Rock would highlight the Rock's already glaring lack of appearances int he final weeks before Wrestlemania--which is ridiculous. Everyone is getting something out of this. It if was JUST about Cena why all this cross promotion with WWE and Gi Joe 2? Snitch? Vince and Dwayne BOTH get something out of this well beyond Cena...at least thats their hope and their plan. Cena is just a part of it. But to say the main reason in the end is putting Cena over? Thats naive. If it was just about that it all could have been a lot more simple.

This idea that Cena goes over Rock and it somehow helps him is also stupid because thats not going to happen at this point. It would have been better for Rock to just do the job last year and gotten it out of the way. At least then there was a chance that Cena could have spent his time putting someone else over after a big win over Rock instead of wasting a year chasing some lame assed fake redemption in a second bid to defeat Rock a year later.

Its pie in the sky to think Cena MIGHT do a solid job for more guys but that had a hell of a better chance of happening than Rock jobbing for someone not named John Cena anytime soon. If its all about Cena being put over why couldn't Rock ALSO do the job for someone else? Thats one place where you're theory does not compute. He still could have lost to Punk, then gained the title, THEN jobbed to Cena. But you fail to mention that.
You are proving my point for me. Why didn't he lose to Punk(He damn sure should have)? Because it's about putting Cena over, not Punk. You really think the morons booking WWE are gonna let Punk beat Rock on his 1st try when the almighty Cena couldn't? Think. Vince gets some mainstream exposure but when that's all said & done the final thing we see is Cena standing tall again. In the end, Cena goes over even tho it won't get him more over. That's why he should turn heel if he's gonna have another title run. It's a needed change. Business as usual obviously ain't gonna get things great again.
If its all about Rock and Vince getting Cena more over they are doing a sh** job. Granted I don't think anyone could do that at this point but that still doesn't excuse the fact that Rock hasn't been up to par considering what they are paying him and the liberties they are letting him take.

And love or hate Cena he HAS busted his a** and put on some good work in the last year. Whats Rock done besides blow up even when being carried by a great worker like Punk? Cena at least DID help elevate Punk. Thats a feud that will pau off for the long term. Cena knew it. THATS how you help the company and help yourself at once. Whats Rock done to give back like that in the last 3 years? Like I said before if they had gotten his job to Cena over with a year ago BOTH could have gone ahead and done that or other stuff with other talents. Nobody forced Rock to sign up for another year and a title run. He agreed to it when he knew he couldn't devote all the time that was needed to this current run. Vince didn't put a gun to his head. I mean GI Joe 2 is getting press tonight and he's not even there. Most we get is Rock via promotional trailer. Thats about putting Cena over too, huh?

If Rock had won the belt at EC his lack of screen time as champ wouln't be so pronounced now. If he had wanted it that way Vince would have agreed. This is the same guy who has been willing to let almost any celeb known to man go over some of his most talented stars at Wrestlemania so he damn sure would have worked with the Rock if he wanted it a certain way.
I already said it's ****ed up how the Rock's been used for the small time he's there. I think a Cena win as a heel or one that leads to a heel turn could be great. It logically kills the Rock problem AND the Cena problem. What's the best option in your opinion? How does face Cena rising above yet again move the company towards REALLY getting better? Tell me what real good do we get from another stale Cena face run? If you can't then we should end this.
First, **** Cyclops, that boring yellow wearing ****.
False! Cyclops rules!

Last edited:
You're getting worse. 1st you were focusing only on the parts of my posts you could get pissed at. Then you were making crazy assumptions. Now you're just flat out putting words in my mouth. Maybe I'm drunk, but I'd really like to see where the hell did I say "No one wants to see Cena win". Because that would be me taking a page out of your book and making a huge assumption about a bunch of people I don't know. I'd like you to quote me on that if I said it or anything close to it. If you can't I'd like you to stop putting words in my mouth and focus more on the stuff that I actually do say. lol I say enough **** that pisses you off, you don't need to imagine more

First off. What the f*** are you going on about? I guess you are drunk. I didn't put any words in your mouth. what you said is clear for anyone to see. I'm no "worse" than any other time. Unless you call being honest and unbiased in telling the truth "worse."

And yeah you did discuss how bad the Cena winning outcome would be because people don't want it. Problem is SOME people are fans of his and do want him to win. If Cena was hated by everyone he whouldn't be making as much money as he is of merhandise. Some love him and some hate him. Same as its been for a while. And some will ALWAYS hate him no matter what. Even if he's changed for the better some people will only be happy until they selfishly get exactly what THEY want despite the desires of other fellow fans.

Maybe I'm the crazy one. To me it seems like you get overly heated about this stuff. Am I the only one who sees it that way? &Yes you were making huge assumptions about the "some" who don't want to see another boring face title run from Cena. How do you know they wouldn't give a **** if WWE went outta biz? You went to all of their houses & took a poll? Maybe a portion of them don't, but some do care and are just tired as hell of the Cena problem that's existed for over a decade. Moreso than they are tired of the Rock problem that's existed for a few months.

Considering the fact that you waited THIS long to dig a few pages back to respond ONLY to my post I'd say that makes you're feelings on this matter far more heated than mine. All the stuff to talk about recently and this is what you are stuck obsessing on? Either that or you are just trolling because you don't seem to talk about f*** all else exept keeping this going to get kicks.

No I'm not getting "heated" right now. But annoyed. Annoyed when some guy does his holier than thou sh** by asuming I'm getting "heated" or that I'm "brainwashed" into thinging Cena can win or telling someone to "calm down." I have sense enough to see whats really going on and don't need somebody like you to tell me. Get off the high horse with that condescending crap. Cena's only been the top guy since 2005 so how has the Cena problem existed for over a decade? learn how to count.

You say I assume but you're doing far worse assuming than I ever did.

How am I assuming when MOST people that watched wrestling 15 years ago gave up and moved on to something else? Thats including the entire audience for WWF, WCW, ECW, etc. They sure as sh** aren't watching now. A lot of them watch MMA. Plenty of former fans will tell you that. Not an assumption when many fans openly admit it. Even when some of their favorites like Rock come back some STILL don't tune in. They got better things to do these days.

The problem with the Rock is a symptom of issues going back over a decade. Longer than Cena has been face of the company. And its getting worse. Its an issue that goes BEYOND Cena. Both he and Rock's booking represent some larger issues with WWE's lack of creative quality.

Some people tried giving them a chance after the pipebomb, but when HHH and other people killed the momentum and it was made very clear that it was still the Cena show they realized that things may never really change. At least not as long as Cena's a face. & if they really wanted this redemption **** to not look ridiculous Brock should have beat Cena's ass too. But god forbid Cena lose twice. I guess it's ok for that to happen to Punk, but not the golden boy. Business as usual

Just like I said before you are acting like a blind Cena hating guy. God forbid ROCK lose one to Cena OR Punk before now. You again continue to focus you're b*tching on Cena but leave any criticism of the Rock to a bare minimum.

Cena's DONE jobs for Punk. What did Rock do? Sh**. Beat him for the title with a weak assed peoples elbow. Get real. This is more than about just John Cena and his lame forced down our throats booking at times.

Maybe if you took your f***ing blinders off you might actually see whats going on. You complain about Cena but don't even bother to say Vince McMahons name in this paragraph. Thats ridiculous.

Rock comes in and beats BOTH top WWE starts back to back? Thats assinine. Rocks not there every week drawing. Love or hate Cena he is. So is Punk. Cena lost once to Rock? Fine. There's no reason for Rock to go over Cena again. It makes no difference except to the blind Cenas hating marks out there who like to hear themselves b** about anything and everything Cena does because they are stuck in the Attitude Era. Even when the guy does good some people can't give an objective view of him or his work.

There are fair criticisms to be made of John Cena and his booking but it looks a lot less stupid when someone actually takes an unbiased and fair look at the big picture instead of dumping it all on one guy.

You are proving my point for me. Why didn't he lose to Punk (He damn sure should have)? Because it's about putting Cena over, not Punk. You really think the morons booking WWE are gonna let Punk beat Rock on his 1st try when the almighty Cena couldn't? Think. Vince gets some mainstream exposure but when that's all said & done the final thing we see is Cena standing tall again. In the end, Cena goes over even tho it won't get him more over. That's why he should turn heel if he's gonna have another title run. It's a needed change. Business as usual obviously ain't gonna get things great again.

He could have lost to Punk once then beat him for the title THEN put Cena over. Why don't you get that unless you are just a troll? Any idiot can see that it could have went another way and still put Cena over. But it didn't. If it was JUST about putting Cena over why has the Rocks title run and his work been so halfassed? Why has this Rock/Cena II feud been so halfassed?

We've seen more Rock MOVIE trailers on Raw than actual Rock. We've seen Rock as champion make more appearances at the red carpet events and press junkets than on Raw in this so called feud thats supposed to put Cena over. If it was JUST primarily about putting Cena over WWE would be putting EVERY resourse into this feud to make Rock, Cena, AND the title look as good as possible so that when Rock loses to Cena it looks as good as possible. They aren't. Explain that, smart guy?

Rock walking aroung movie preimeires and interviews as WWE champion with or without the belt doesn't guarentee each and every extra Wrestlemania 29 PPV buy that Vince McMahon wants. It doesn't guarentee that new fans will see Cena win the belt. But it DOES guarenteee Rock as WWE's champion gets more exposure in the Hollywood/entertainment community. He's out there where the cameras and the hollowood people and press can see. Some might not WANT to see him but he'sa lot harder to miss or ignore than WM29 itself.

This entire thing is mainly about getting WWE and WM29 mainstream press in Vince's desperate attempt to make the company look more big time, more mainstream, and more respectable. Its about making as much MONEY as possible. About getting the most amount of PPV buys as possible. THAT is the endgame in this whole mess.

I already said it's ****ed up how the Rock's been used for the small time he's there. I think a Cena win as a heel or one that leads to a heel turn could be great. It logically kills the Rock problem AND the Cena problem. What's the best option in your opinion? How does face Cena rising above yet again move the company towards REALLY getting better? Tell me what real good do we get from another stale Cena face run? If you can't then we should end this.

You're complaints about Rock have been a blip compared to your paper thin attemps to put the blame on John Cena. A speck of sand in a dust storm.

For example...what does Cena have to do with the potential idea of Lesnar and Rock main eventing Wrestlemania 30 (with or without the world title). Thats absurd. THAT is a symptom of the larger problem. Is that idea all about putting Cena over too or is it about getting the most money possible. I think a blind man could see the answer.

As for Cena the simplest thing would be to ease up on his over exposure. Do you really think Cenas run is the first time Vince has pushed a face to the moon at the expense of most others he worked with? Thats been Vince McMahons MO for over 30 years. Maybe you missed Hogans run but his runs were even more oveerreaching than Cenas. He was more over but he also had his detractors.

The difference is the wrestlers below him were bookied far better than the other wrestlers are today. That combined with fewer live weekly tv shows and even fewer live weekly tv apperances by Hogan meant that Hogan didn't feel as overexposed and he didn't burn out as fast as top face. He was top dog far longer than Cena has been but we didn't see him on tv as much, on ppv as much, and certainly didn't see him wrestle on either as much because there were fewer weekly shows and monthly PPV's. Cena can still be top guy and still win but his appearances should be more spread out and he shouldn't wrestle in main events on tv as much. His appearances should be used to drive his fans to buy the PPV's to get a glimps of him in action the same way Hogans tv appearances were.

The midcard and other main eventers should be feaured more to pick up the slack. NONE of these issues are Cenas choice. They're Vince McMahons. The way all these decisions were made began to change back when Cena was stil a kid in jr high. Long before he was a wrestler. The blame in the end is not on him or Rock but its primarily on Vince Mcmahon. Lets see if you mention his name more times than Cenas next time. :o

WWE Wants a More Mom & Kid-Friendly Product, Backstage News on Vince McMahonBy Marc Middleton
Mar 21, 2013 - 9:00:49 AM

- We noted before how Vince McMahon has been more hands-on backstage at RAW with Eric Pankowski gone. Vince is said to have been really on his game the past two weeks and was described as being like the Vince of old - revitalized and healthy.

1.I guess we now know who was responsible for that disamal Raw on monday
2. :doh:

The Masterpiece summons his steroid Hercules Adrenaline strength to save mom from burning house.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/wrestl...scues-mom-from-burning-building-1740982.story

In all seriousness though, it's great he saved his mom.
It is.
First off. What the f*** are you going on about? I guess you are drunk. I didn't put any words in your mouth. what you said is clear for anyone to see.
Then let's see it. If it's that clear then quoting me on it should be easy. Show where I said "no one wants to see Cena win" or something even close to that. If you can't, admit you're just making that **** up & putting words in my mouth.
Considering the fact that you waited THIS long to dig a few pages back to respond ONLY to my post I'd say that makes you're feelings on this matter far more heated than mine. All the stuff to talk about recently and this is what you are stuck obsessing on? Either that or you are just trolling because you don't seem to talk about f*** all else exept keeping this going to get kicks.
1st I thought we went over this b4. You had a post where you quoted me. Whenever I get on here I look for who responded to something I said & respond to them. 2nd I didn't ONLY respond to you. I responded to NDX also for the same reason. Pay attention. Anytime I notice that I've been quoted & responded to I'm gonna respond when I come back to SHH. This ain't rocket science.
No I'm not getting "heated" right now. But annoyed. Annoyed when some guy does his holier than thou sh** by asuming I'm getting "heated" or that I'm "brainwashed" into thinging Cena can win or telling someone to "calm down." I have sense enough to see whats really going on and don't need somebody like you to tell me. Get off the high horse with that condescending crap. Cena's only been the top guy since 2005 so how has the Cena problem existed for over a decade? learn how to count.
You sure? I'm not gonna put in the effort to dispute tho. If I was wrong I should've said "nearly a decade".

I'll stop telling you to calm down when you start acting like you can understand what I say & stop putting words in my mouth. Deal?

You say I assume but you're doing far worse assuming than I ever did.

How am I assuming when MOST people that watched wrestling 15 years ago gave up and moved on to something else? Thats including the entire audience for WWF, WCW, ECW, etc. They sure as sh** aren't watching now. A lot of them watch MMA. Plenty of former fans will tell you that. Not an assumption when many fans openly admit it. Even when some of their favorites like Rock come back some STILL don't tune in. They got better things to do these days.
Not as hard to follow as you're making it seem. I already said these circumstances apply to some of the people who don't want another boring face run. I'm just saying it's not all of them.

I've shown where you are the one assuming already. Nothing I've done even compares.
Just like I said before you are acting like a blind Cena hating guy. God forbid ROCK lose one to Cena OR Punk before now. You again continue to focus you're b*tching on Cena but leave any criticism of the Rock to a bare minimum.
You asked Why Rock didn't lose to Punk. I answered you with a very easy to follow answer. I wanted him to lose to Punk which I also made clear. Do you understand anything?
Cena's DONE jobs for Punk. What did Rock do? Sh**. Beat him for the title with a weak assed peoples elbow. Get real. This is more than about just John Cena and his lame forced down our throats booking at times.

Maybe if you took your f***ing blinders off you might actually see whats going on. You complain about Cena but don't even bother to say Vince McMahons name in this paragraph. Thats ridiculous.

Rock comes in and beats BOTH top WWE starts back to back? Thats assinine. Rocks not there every week drawing. Love or hate Cena he is. So is Punk. Cena lost once to Rock? Fine. There's no reason for Rock to go over Cena again. It makes no difference except to the blind Cenas hating marks out there who like to hear themselves b** about anything and everything Cena does because they are stuck in the Attitude Era. Even when the guy does good some people can't give an objective view of him or his work.

There are fair criticisms to be made of John Cena and his booking but it looks a lot less stupid when someone actually takes an unbiased and fair look at the big picture instead of dumping it all on one guy.

He could have lost to Punk once then beat him for the title THEN put Cena over. Why don't you get that unless you are just a troll? Any idiot can see that it could have went another way and still put Cena over.
Any idiot can see I answered this. What's wrong with you? Do I need to color my font red? How many times do I have to repeat myself? Go back & read my post again. You're wasting both of our time if you can't understand simple **** like this.
We've seen more Rock MOVIE trailers on Raw than actual Rock. We've seen Rock as champion make more appearances at the red carpet events and press junkets than on Raw in this so called feud thats supposed to put Cena over. If it was JUST primarily about putting Cena over WWE would be putting EVERY resourse into this feud to make Rock, Cena, AND the title look as good as possible so that when Rock loses to Cena it looks as good as possible. They aren't. Explain that, smart guy?
What part of "It's ****ed up how the Rock's been used" or "this buildup isn't great" do you not get? Why do we argue about **** we AGREE on?

Cena and Rock have been poorly booked & used. Cena's there all the time so naturally he's been booked poorly more often. That's how I see it & all the *****ing in the world ain't gonna stop me from voicing my opinion. Learn to love it or ignore it.
Rock walking aroung movie preimeires and interviews as WWE champion with or without the belt doesn't guarentee each and every extra Wrestlemania 29 PPV buy that Vince McMahon wants. It doesn't guarentee that new fans will see Cena win the belt. But it DOES guarenteee Rock as WWE's champion gets more exposure in the Hollywood/entertainment community. He's out there where the cameras and the hollowood people and press can see. Some might not WANT to see him but he'sa lot harder to miss or ignore than WM29 itself.

This entire thing is mainly about getting WWE and WM29 mainstream press in Vince's desperate attempt to make the company look more big time, more mainstream, and more respectable. Its about making as much MONEY as possible. About getting the most amount of PPV buys as possible. THAT is the endgame in this whole mess.

You're complaints about Rock have been a blip compared to your paper thin attemps to put the blame on John Cena. A speck of sand in a dust storm.
lol Deal with it. I don't care if I'm not complaining enough about the Rock to please you.
For example...what does Cena have to do with the potential idea of Lesnar and Rock main eventing Wrestlemania 30 (with or without the world title). Thats absurd. THAT is a symptom of the larger problem. Is that idea all about putting Cena over too or is it about getting the most money possible. I think a blind man could see the answer.
True. That's very ****ed up. Hopefully they change that. Probably won't. Business as usual

As for Cena the simplest thing would be to ease up on his over exposure. Do you really think Cenas run is the first time Vince has pushed a face to the moon at the expense of most others he worked with? Thats been Vince McMahons MO for over 30 years. Maybe you missed Hogans run but his runs were even more oveerreaching than Cenas. He was more over but he also had his detractors.
I think Cena has more. It seemed like they cared @least a lil bit about other stuff besides Hogan. All the belts seemed to matter more then. Same applies to the attitude era. It seemed like they wanted everything on the card to matter. It's not like that anymore.
The difference is the wrestlers below him were bookied far better than the other wrestlers are today. That combined with fewer live weekly tv shows and even fewer live weekly tv apperances by Hogan meant that Hogan didn't feel as overexposed and he didn't burn out as fast as top face. He was top dog far longer than Cena has been but we didn't see him on tv as much, on ppv as much, and certainly didn't see him wrestle on either as much because there were fewer weekly shows and monthly PPV's. Cena can still be top guy and still win but his appearances should be more spread out and he shouldn't wrestle in main events on tv as much. His appearances should be used to drive his fans to buy the PPV's to get a glimps of him in action the same way Hogans tv appearances were.

The midcard and other main eventers should be feaured more to pick up the slack. NONE of these issues are Cenas choice. They're Vince McMahons. The way all these decisions were made began to change back when Cena was stil a kid in jr high. Long before he was a wrestler. The blame in the end is not on him or Rock but its primarily on Vince Mcmahon. Lets see if you mention his name more times than Cenas next time. :o
I'll probably mention it as much as I feel like mentioning it. I don't recall saying this is Cena's fault and not the bookers/Vince. Only wrestler I blame for how he's booked is HHH since he's got too much clout backstage without the wisdom to use himself properly.

Agreed on the way the midcard has been mishandled. Cesaro/Dolph jobbing to Miz all the time now is horrible

Last edited:
Courtesy of Y2J :lmao:

Title for new thread: The Wrestling Thread Wants 2 Tickets for Dead Man Down and Wants to take Its Grandma!

Love it. The best thing Fandango has ever been involved in. I can't imaging it wa very scripted because it sounded liek Jerichos style. Take a hint, WWE.

Originally Posted by TheFuture
Well, this is a guy who "feuded" with "God" and HBK at one point.

And all any republican or even democrat needs to do to beat Linda in any election would be to bring up this storyline during her tenure as CEO. She had nothing to do with it but it happened while she was there. Witht he real disagreements in the GOP right now Vince essentially killed almost any chance Linda had of winning office with this crap. I'm not even all that religious but there was no point in the time waster that was Vince vs "God."

Originally Posted by Lobo
I could see Jericho inducting Booker to the HoF. The one other person I'd like to see induct him is Goldust. I don't think Stevie Ray has a chance.

For me the top two realistic choices are Stevie Ray and Booker. Like you I think Stevie won't get it. Because he's not a big enough name for WWE. In WWE land they've asociated Booker with Goldust so I think they will want him. If Booker wants Stevie hopefully he demands it.

Originally Posted by Kaleb
can anyone spot Brock in this picture, I cant find him anywhere all I see is HHH :(
20120315lightwmpretripl.jpg

I guess it is all about the game :o

LOL! Is that real? It looks like a comedy/parody photoshop. I'm assuming theres a Triple H centric one and a Brock centric one. I hope. They couldn't have picked a worse photo of Lesnar could they. :funny:

Look at him peaking behind the building. I want to play "Where's Brocko"

Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100
can someone explain to me how triple h ended up ripping off shao kahn's gimmick?

Or The Kurgan from Highlander. Seriously. Triple H's bone armor from one his entrance against Taker in their second WM match looked right out of Highlander or Willow and his King of Kings theme sounds liek something from the Highlander soundtrack.

Originally Posted by AntMan
Has anyone ever heard of the backstage WWF faction known as the Bone Street Krew? Apparently they were rivals of the Kliq that consisted of : Undertaker, Paul Bearer, Yokozuna, Henry Godwinn, Phineas Godwinn, Godfather, Crush, Savio Vega, and a few others.

Yeah I've heard of them. Knew they were a group but for years I didn't klnow what BSK actually meant. Kind of surprising that Bearer was a member but also not since he and Taker were so close.

Originally Posted by Saint
He does everything too slow. Slow is all he does now.

It just seems like every ounce of energy he once had is gone. This is both because his momentum evaporated and because he's just performing lazily in the ring. He has this weird strut when he's performing, like he's hot ****--but everything he does is executed with an aura of "whatever." When he drops to the mat these days for the RKO, it's more like he's flopping into bed.

I kind of want them to find something to re-energize him just so I don't have to watch this snoozefest anymore. If the WWE can still find ways to energize Kane and Big Show after all these years (even if they quickly forget about them afterwards) then Randy might be saved.

Wrestlemania this year, like last year, is shaking out to be weird and stupid. Supposed top guy Sheamus is stuck in a six man tag, and Ziggler, who needs to be booked strong so he can ascend to top guy, is also stuck in a tag match. Jericho, who should be put to use putting Ziggler over, is wrestling with the lamest ass on the roster. Meanwhile, Punk is going to get squashed by a part-timer, and the second biggest match of the show is going to be Battle of the Part-Timers: Part 2, Electric Boogalo. And Jack Swagger wrestling for the world title? What?

Agreed. Maybe he thinks the slowness is good psychology but it just looks dull and boring. I thinks its a combo of him coasting and WWE being afraid to get behind him because of his Wellness failure history. Thats only making that worse. One strike and he's out.

Punk got more over so WWE needs him less.

Also: Jericho needs to be booked stronger in between pay-per-views. He wants to put guys over, but it doesn't mean anything if all he ever does is lose. He needs to win matches for credibility on Raw, then put guys over at PPVs.

Also agree. Love Jericho's selflessness but his giving back would mean even more if he had more credibility. He can trade wins and losses with guys instead of mostly loosing.

Originally Posted by OnTheAir
100% agree. He comes off as so insincere. He's a natural (albeit boring), slimy heel.

Exactly. Thats why its so hard for him to get over as a face. Some say stick with forcing the same act down peoples throats until they accept it but it still might not work

cenaminehuge.jpg

Hahaha! If Cena cut a promo like this with the exact same visual aids I'd actually cheer. This is hilarious.

Originally Posted by I'm Venom
Some news on the potential network:

- Price would be between $13 and $15 per month.

- Break even point would be one million subscribers.

- The goal is to eliminate Pay Per Views and put them all on the network.

I’d like to see them put loads of old RAWs and SmackDowns, as well as the stuff they have the rights to and some documentaries - it could be a real good channel if they done it right.

It sounds like a good deal but the issue is do enough fans actualy give enough of a f*** to put the money AND the effort into getting the WWE network? Especially when they can get some of WWE's content in "other" ways?

Originally Posted by Donnie Darko
I'd love stuff from the 80s/early 90s, get some NWA/WCW Clash of the Titans and stuff like that. Also, ECW, since they have the rights to that, as well.

I'd loe to see Zeus come out of retirement at a "Clash" and shove a lightning bolt up Miz's a** "No Holds Barred" style. Just like he whipped those guys a**es in that steel plant in the movie.

Originally Posted by LuisTX85
At least meanwhile it seems there won't be scripts,Should be getting much better promos from everyone including Cena

Ditto. That would be a great thing for promos. I hope this change hapens in all of WWE's wrestling angles when guys do promos live.

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
The issue couldn't be that his current angle is dog****, could it?

They've had him doing some stupid silly stuff when he could be doing much better heel work. It could really be taking it to Taker on the mic without the Bearer stuff or his chickensh** heel act. He cut much better promos against Taker a few years ago when they feuded.

He's too much of a Ricky Steamboat for a heel turn to work IMO.

Agreed. Kofi needs a change but I'm not sure if he can pull off a heel run. He really seems like a super nice guy and thaty comes trough strongly in his character. He's personality and way of speaking suit a babyface. He's very soft spoken and seems pretty easy going.

I'll give it a shot though because like I said he's in a rut doing what he's been doing.

So next year will see this nostalgia part time stuff reach the pinnacle of stupidity with BOTH guys in the main event being part timers. :whatever:

Yeah this news is ridiculous. I don't mind a match between the two but the main event? Whats the build for this? 6 Raws where they only appera together 3 times? Neither one seems to be putting in enough time on tv to justify a main event feud.

Both will be long gone a week later. Then what? Back to the two top full time guys who played second fiddle to part timers and a bunch of midcarders that don't mean sh**? WWE must like to kill off even more of their tv audience numbers for the rest of the year instead of keepign them around. What do they do when Rock and Brock decide they don't want to wrestle anymoe, have a falling out with WWE, or get hurt?

Lets hope this isn't true or the plan changes between now and WM30.

Originally Posted by The Batman
It sucks that even vets like the Undertaker are using scripted promos...the promo he did on monday was so forced

It explains why his promos have been soooo mediocre since he became a one night a year wrestler. He never used to be this weak on the mic.

Originally Posted by bullets
It's interesting that certain wrestlers can be on the same roster for many years without crossing paths. I thought Triple H and Rey had good chemistry in the 2006 Rumble. I wouldn't care this match now though unless Triple H turned heel .

It was talked about the other day, but I think Rey should have one last match and retire. That would of been a good moment for Wrestlemania. They could also do it at Summerslam where he made his WWE debut.

Yeah I've said that for years about a lot of superstars. How did Bret and Jake NEVER wrestle each other in WWF? How did Savage and Rude never wrestle each other in WWF? At least it made some sense back then because you didn't really see faces wrestle other faces or heels wrestle other heels that often. And feuds went on longer.

But now with more tv and PPV time to fill you'd think WWE would have exploited every potential match they could in recent years. Its a shame we never got HBK vs Eddie Guererro.

I liked the original idea of bringing in former divas and having them face the current roster .This is just a slap in the face to anyone on the roster. I like Maria , but it doesn't make sense to bring her in at the last minute. The Diva division is struggling and shouldn't be taking a backseat to a t.v. host.

Yeah I agree. Would have been a great way to put over the current crop of divas. but as usual WWE blew it because they don't respect the women enough or take the divas division seriously enough to put the effort into making this work. Much like TNA's recent problems workign with former Knockouts I can't blame former Divas for not agreeing to WWE's poor terms when they were used so badly in the past.

I finished watching the Bret Hart dungeon collection. I thought it was a good set of matches and interesting hear Bret's thoughts on all the wrestlers. He talked about how Vader was a stiff worker and pancakes him several times , but then Vader would feel lousy after the matches because he was trying his best to be safe. Also he mentioned Hakushi was very capable , but held back because management treated him like crap. It's a shame, I liked Hakushi.

Heh...if that was Vader being safe I'd hate to work with him in Japan. He just had a real problem working safe. I don't know if he just didn't try or if he was taught wrong but even though he looked badass in the ring he could be dangerous.

Originally Posted by
IF Bret Hart hadn't gotten injured by Goldberg and not have a stroke..Anybody think he would've gone to TNA before working it out with Vince?,I think he would've done at least a one-time match at a early TNA ppv with a few appearances at Impact before it,Basically a role like DDP had.

Also I think he would've had much better matches with Vince&Miz IF it wasn't for injury/stroke!

I think theres a good chance he may have at least done a few things with TNA the way Piper, Savage, and Steamboat did just to help build an alternative to Vince McMahon and WWE. At least before Hogan and Bischoff got there.

The problem is I find it hard to believe he'd be willing to work under Russo and Jarrett after the way he was mostly wasted and misused in WCW even though most of that was under Bischoff. But Russo was just as bad or worse with creative ideas. I mean...sure he must have worked with Russo before when they were both in the WWF but the difference was that Russo had a filter in WWF. In WCW he had none. In TNA Jarrett and Dixie Carter were terrible filters.

Maybe he would have given Russo another shot. Hard to say. I'd love for someone to ask him your question.

Originally Posted by enterthemadness
The Masterpiece summons his steroid Hercules Adrenaline strength to save mom from burning house.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/wrestli...-1740982.story

In all seriousness though, it's great he saved his mom.

Yeah good for him I say. This story reminds me of Saturn saving that woman. I think Bam Bam did something heroic like that too. He got burned badly...I think.

1.I guess we now know who was responsible for that disamal Raw on monday
2. :doh:

Yeah that news is terrible. Vince's involvment (which usually comes with back and forth indecision) explains the weak Raw.

I don't mind WWE reaching out to kids. They SHOULD be reaching out to them and not be primarily concerned with teenagers. WWE, more than any other company in the history of this buisness, was built on a very sucessful product that appealed to children. But they should be delivering a product that has things kids and adults can enjoy. Not just one geared towards one or the other. They've gone too far in both directions in the past and while you can't please everyone there can be a happy medium. Kids, teens, and adults all had strong parts in building WWE's popularity so I think they can find something for each and something that even all of them can enjoy.

They are already catering pretty hard to familys. I don't see why they have to shift the entire WWE product (hopefully not to rated G) to cater soley to them anymore. There should be certain things aimed more specifically at children and famiies but that doesn't mean everything has to be.

WWE should look at what Disney is doing these days. They have things that appeal to children and teens and adults seperately and things that appeal to all three groups and thus whole families. But Disney does that through variety...not trying to meld the entire product into one single unified thing with one simple direction that they hope will appeal to everyone equally. WWE's already going in that direction and it isn't quite working. If they want to appeal more to families they need to think more "Rock"N"Wrestling" era and less "PG era." They catered to kids but also to adults. Hogan and Warrior appealed to kids but Savage, Roberts, and Piper had bits to their work and character that older fans could enjoy. Even Hogan had more edge and backbone than Cena.

Last edited:
- Even if WrestleMania 29 doesn't match the record-setting 2007 event of come even with WrestleMania 28, it will most likely set a new mark with overall pay-per-view revenue. WWE has increased the price of WrestleMania by $5 so it will be $59.95 for standard definition and $69.95 for HD this year. If the price increase doesn't turn buyers away, it will lead to $3 million in extra revenue, based on 1.2 million worldwide buys, not including the increase in viewers who have moved to HD. Based on changes in annual trends, viewers moving to HD could add another $900,000 in profit.

- The No Holds Barred stipulation for Brock Lesnar and Triple H at WrestleMania 29 was decided on just a few days before RAW as several stipulations including Hell In a Cell were being considered. One idea discussed would have Shawn Michaels be in Triple H's corner to counteract Paul Heyman being there.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/365877201.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"