The WWE apologizes for comments made by the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: The Wrestling Observer

It's being reported that TNA recently made a strong contract offer to Bully Ray, and he is expected to re-sign and remain with the company.

The current story line with former Gut Check contestant Joey Ryan is expected to lead to a match against Al Snow at some point. Initially, Ryan was feuding with Tazz, however, since Tazz is retired from in-ring competition due to his neck issues, the feud was shifted over to Al Snow so a match could take place.

Eric Bischoff is reportedly high on signing Dakota Darsow, who is the son of Barry Darsow, known as Demolition Smash and The Repo Man in WWE.

I've been wondering..Why has Vince Mcmahon never been able to put his ego aside and do a cross-promotional ppv or tournament?

Japan's biggest ppv is like the ultimate wrestling ppv event,Wrestle Kingdom has Indy/Lucha Libre&other Japanese wrestlers who are all from different promotions&companies!!

WCW used to have cross-promotional tournaments with Japan(even had Japanese wrestlers in their"WCW:World Tour"game),TNA has been to Japan three or so times and wrestled for NJPW,TNA has also done cross-promotions with CMLL&AAA in Mexico and even right now Abyss will wrestle at AAA's biggest ppv and same with JJ(who I think is still their world champion)

I've been wondering..Why has Vince Mcmahon never been able to put his ego aside and do a cross-promotional ppv or tournament?

Japan's biggest ppv is like the ultimate wrestling ppv event,Wrestle Kingdom has Indy/Lucha Libre&other Japanese wrestlers who are all from different promotions&companies!!

WCW used to have cross-promotional tournaments with Japan(even had Japanese wrestlers in their"WCW:World Tour"game),TNA has been to Japan three or so times and wrestled for NJPW,TNA has also done cross-promotions with CMLL&AAA in Mexico and even right now Abyss will wrestle at AAA's biggest ppv and same with JJ(who I think is still their world champion)

He's a control freak, even when he owned WCW he still made them look like **** during the InVasion. Like someone mentioned earlier the only reason Austin made it as big as he did was because Vince took a chance since he had no other option other then to try new things out of his comfort zone rather then stick to what he wants 24/7.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

It's being reported that TNA recently made a strong contract offer to Bully Ray, and he is expected to re-sign and remain with the company.

The current story line with former Gut Check contestant Joey Ryan is expected to lead to a match against Al Snow at some point. Initially, Ryan was feuding with Tazz, however, since Tazz is retired from in-ring competition due to his neck issues, the feud was shifted over to Al Snow so a match could take place.

Eric Bischoff is reportedly high on signing Dakota Darsow, who is the son of Barry Darsow, known as Demolition Smash and The Repo Man in WWE.

I like all of what I see here. Now, I don't really want to see Ryan vs Snow, but it does mean more Ryan on Impact, so I'm fine with that.

I need to catch up tomorrow, how was it tonight?

There is suppose to be upgrades to CAW mode,One of the creative designers for THQ tweeted that custom skin tones are coming back&more new items..But then he deleted it!!

Universe mode is basically like a story/career or GM mode in a way and you can have a whole roster of just CAWS for your shows,The mode is suppose to get some new stuff too!!

y'know.......I never really tried Universe/GM mode in past games......

it just looked like too much work to setup........and I guess I'm just used to the traditional story/career mode........

are there cutscenes/"storyline elements" in Universe mode? or is it just matches?

Mick Foley’s children cry in terror at the sight of their father portraying Dude Love
Sitting at ringside during a recent live wrestling event, Mick Foley’s wife and children wailed in terror as they witnessed him dancing in a tie-dyed shirt and spandex tights.

“No, no, no!” screamed a mortified Dewey Foley, who cowered behind the barricade in hopes of avoiding further embarrassment.

Noelle Foley wept openly after realizing that her friends might see her father gyrating his hips and saying things like “Cool daddy-o” on national television.

Documentary filmmaker Barry Blaustein, who is working on a sequel to his popular 1999 film Beyond the Mat, zoomed his camera onto the faces of Foley’s traumatized family, capturing their unfettered shame and discomfort.

Blaustein says he intends to compile the footage in a slow-motion montage, juxtaposed with images of the family during happier times, accompanied by the emotional song Stand By Me.

Eventually, Foley’s wife Collette corralled the children and took them backstage, where they cringingly watched on a monitor as their father danced with The Great Khali for another three minutes.

Weeks later, Blaustein visited Foley’s Florida home to show him the footage. Foley was shocked by what he saw, and promised to never subject his wife and children to such agony again.

“I don’t feel like such a good dad anymore,” Foley admitted.

“I don’t ever want to see my children like that again. Maybe for the next couple of years I’ll be the guy who gets clobbered on the head with a chair instead.

So WWE 13 will have two Mark Henry's?

THQ are a bunch of morons.

Awful:

WWE Studios and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment today announced WWE Superstar Randy Orton will star in "12 Rounds: Reloaded," the second installment in the "12 Rounds" franchise.

The film "12 Rounds: Reloaded" was written by David Benullo and will be directed by Roel Reiné ("The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption" and "Death Race: Inferno"). Principal photography will begin Sept. 26 in Vancouver. This is WWE Studios’ second film in a three-picture agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Orton will portray an Emergency Medical Technician who finds himself caught in a deadly 12-round game of cat and mouse with a vengeful man tied to the paramedic's past. With little time to spare and his wife's life hanging in the balance, the EMT must figure out why he's been chosen to be the pawn in this maniac's game before it's too late.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

I hate hearing "Superstars" complain about Rock going off to Hollywood when everyone of them is doing this crappy WWE movies just hoping it gets them the chance to break out like Rock did.

In this scenario wouldn't that be "Get out of my daughter" ?

:lmao: I can picture the scene in my mind.

Good segment with Storm, Sting, and Angle. I love that they did not play any theme music when it was over. Gave it a more real feeling.

I'm going to go ahead and guess Madison's crush on Earl is all a ruse by her to get him to favor her during matches.

Mickie James is getting hotter with age! She looks in the best shape she's been in since her WWE debut.

Yeah Mickie was looking great...and I was thinking exactly the same thing. Last nights KO finish reminded me of last weeks. I wonder if Brooke Hogan will do something to clear up the Tara/Madison finish from last night or if Madison just goes ahead and wrestles Assmacher?

It was a pretty good show overall.

I think that very well could be the reason. He comes across as an indy.

Personally, I wish they would give Dinero a push again. He had huge fan support when he was getting his initial push and was in a position similar to Aries in that he was a heel who the fans cheered and it forced TNA to turn him face. It helps that he could talk on the mic and go in the ring.

I like Dinero. Not sure why he hasn't gotten more to do because he's got it in the ring and on the mic.

I've been wondering..Why has Vince McMahon never been able to put his ego aside and do a cross-promotional ppv or tournament?

WCW used to have cross-promotional tournaments with Japan(even had Japanese wrestlers in their"WCW:World Tour"game),TNA has been to Japan three or so times and wrestled for NJPW,TNA hast also done cross-promotions with CMLL&AAA in Mexico and even right now Abyss will wrestle at AAA's biggest ppv and same with JJ(who I think is still their world champion)

He used to work a little bit more with other promotions before the 90's but by then I think he decided to go to other regions and just tour there on his own instead of co-promoting with another organization. I don't think he saw the need. Closest we got in the last 20 years was the first ECW invasion.

There seems to be something about the Pope that has seen him left swinging in both promotions, I mean he can talk and is a good athlete but I recall Punk saying he was one of the worst workers he'd ever been in the ring with.

There must be some reason. Wasn't he an extra in Dark Knight Rises? You'd think TNA would be all over that and promoting it while giving him some kind of decent tv time even if it was short.

I don't know if I agree that Chavo can get over without the Eddie connection. The only times he was close to being over were when he was working with or against Eddie.

Yeah he even seemed to be trying to do a few Eddie-isms with the crowd but he's just not as good. Chavos a good worker but he ain't a legend. He could help the midcard/X-Division though. If he's used right he has some value.

Enjoyed this week's edition of Impact and they started off in an interesting way where Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Zema Ion, and Kenny King brawled all the way to the ring to start off the tag team match that got Aries and King over.

Then, they'd open up the segment with Sting, Kurt Angle and James Storm where they still question about Storm's possible association with the Aces and Eights, who are not in the episode after seeing TNA retaliated against them. Later on, the A & E storyline appeared through Brooke Hogan receiving the cards from them just like her dad, Hulk, did last month and the appearance of Wes Briscoe.

Bully Ray squashing Robbie E has made Robbie into a laughing stock and I don't know how anyone could take his World title contention seriously. Later on, Joseph Park returned and spoke with several people, including Sting, as they're still continuing the feud with he and Bully Ray in some way after he did the Black Hole Slam that caused a subtle reveal last month.

The Knockouts tag team match was good, but you could see the outcome a mile away with referee Earl Hebner's involvement and I'm concerned that Brooke Tessmacher could lose the title because of him unless Brooke Hogan or the Knockouts do something about it at Hardcore Justice. Also, I'm glad that they addressed the Knockouts Tag Team titles situation as Eric Young has a reality show that just premiered. He and ODB need to drop the tag team titles to deserving Knockouts.

Chavo Guerrero's debut in TNA was good, but he will have to distinguish himself from his late great uncle, Eddie, if he's to make an impact. I will bet on this thing with he, Hernandez, Kid Kash, and Gunner to continue after this to sustain the tag team division.

The Claire Lynch storyline has continue to become an impediment to Impact's potential, even when AJ Styles is not here because he's in Australia for a promotional tour for TNA. However, it's clear that Chris Daniels and Frank Kazarian are carrying this feud and are the reason for the interest. Daniels is like Lex Luthor, Grant Morrison, and Richard O' Brien rolled into one.

What we didn't get last month was made up for this month with the main event with Kurt Angle and James Storm while Sting, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Brother D-Von, and Garret Bischoff standing at ringside to make sure the Aces and Eights (or A & E) don't get involved. The match was great and afterwards, Roode still accuses Storm of his association with them and the result was a fight between them, Austin Aries, and Bully Ray that sets up for next week's Impact.

Good edition of Impact overall, but I'm concern as to how the Olympics would affect its ratings.

Damn, Mickie...

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Hey, anybody here think that Polish shot putter Tomasz Majewski looks like Balls Mahoney and Necro Butcher had a giant savage baby together? :funny:

Damn, Mickie...

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Now I do not have to watch that stupid country music video this is from to see this. Thank you Metallo!

Oh Mickie how I love your assets! :hrt:

Somehow I will find a way to steal her away from Magnus!

I miss seeing Mickie James on TV, god I loved her.

Hey, anybody here think that Polish shot putter Tomasz Majewski looks like Balls Mahoney and Necro Butcher had a giant savage baby together? :funny:

As a frequent watcher of Track and Field, I have to agree with that.

So WWE 13 will have two Mark Henry's?

THQ are a bunch of morons.

The reason why they have to use two different spots for some people is cause the character models for each characters are different/each have their own entrances&themes and some different moves,It worked in WWE'12 with Orton&Cody cause Orton just had no beard as an alt and Cody had a face mask& different entrance,It's always been like that(SvR06 had 3 Hogans&3 Foleys

The Nation of Domination was part of the Attitude Era and Henry was part of it and so they have him on the Attitude roster!

Some people on wrestling game sites have been marking out for NOD Henry,WWE'13 has already had the biggest pre-order sales in WWE games history cause of the Attitude Era!!

THQ are morons even though it's already successful for them!?,The roster size is 78 and 43 are current including 7 Divas,The roster for the current WWE is pretty much most of the actual roster except NXT rookies&a few Superstars/TV jobbers!!

There will be DLC,Rumor is there will be 5 DLC packs(2 Attitude Era/2 Current&A Divas)

IF I get to play as 98'Taker/NOD Henry and likely old masked Kane/Attitude Big Show/Attitude Triple H/Old School Christian&Y2J Jericho..I don't mind double spots!

In this scenario wouldn't that be "Get out of my daughter" ?
Or, just stay in character whenever one of his daughters has a boy over. Take forever to walk into the room to meet the boy, turn the lights on whenever they try to get romantic, give the kid the throat slice gesture when dropping him off.

I'm loving Booker as GM already!

Booker T as GM? I can dig that...

Sucka!

(been waiting all week to say that)

Here's Samckdown's episode
[YT]wtoenm5BnRQ[/YT]

Aksana and Eve looking mighty fine tonight. I'm looking forward to this tag team match. Funny how Kane just kinda turned face without much fanfare (if he is a face...he seems to be free floating).

Did Smackdown get a new set too?,Looks good But also now looks exactly like Raw's But in blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"