The X-Files: 20 Years Later

I don't know if it was the best episode but I recall one episode that was pretty disturbing. It was about some redneck people that were having incest with their mom who they kept under the floor or something.

Mind you this is just from memory and I may be totally off. lol But that is something I remember.

I'm pretty sure it was called Peacocks. That was one of the episodes where the writers ditched the humor and Mulder/Scully drama and went for genuine creepiness. It worked.

Some of my other favorite eppys: Bad Blood, Arcadia, Kaddish, and Tooms to name a few.

I'm pretty sure it was called Peacocks. That was one of the episodes where the writers ditched the humor and Mulder/Scully drama and went for genuine creepiness. It worked.

Some of my other favorite eppys: Bad Blood, Arcadia, Kaddish, and Tooms to name a few.

The episode is titled 'Home' it is about the Peacock family though.
Great horror episode. Best of the series.

I think you mean Home. Probably my favorite episode of the series. Probably not in my top 10 but I wish more people mentioned Synchrony. One of the coolest takes on time travel ever in my opinion. Really, all of season 4 is just absolutely perfect. One of the best seasons of any show ever. Also had the best season finale of the entire show in my opinion.

Was that the one where Mulder and Scully got old on some ghost ship? The old person make-up in that one was terrible. Like oatmeal faces. :o

Was that the one where Mulder and Scully got old on some ghost ship? The old person make-up in that one was terrible. Like oatmeal faces. :o

Nah, it was the one about the old man who travels back in time to kill all of his associates that eventually help him create time travel. Not ground breaking or anything but whenever I feel like just throwing on a random non mytharc episode this is one of my go to episodes. The one you mentioned was great as well.

Also, may be a controversial statement but season 6 gets more flack then it deserves. With a few exceptions everything up to One Father Two Sons is great. When I rewatched the show with my girlfriend a few years back we stopped the show there (we watched Closure as well to tie up Samantha's plot line). As far as I'm concerned the show could have ended with those four episodes. Everything else just made the show convoluted.

Ooh! I liked the cerulean blue episode. Haven't seen it since the 90's so I forget the details, but I think someone went on a killing rampage every time he heard "cerulean blue." Someone please correct me or expand if you know the details of this episode. Freaked me out a bit as a kid.

Also got freaked out by an early episode where they're stuck in some forest and some green mutant spore that lives in the trees is killing people. Very similar concept to "Ice" I guess.

I used to be a huge fan of The X-Files when it was still on the air, but I tried to go back and watch some recently and unfortunately I don't think it holds up very well at all. At least the early episodes don't.

Season 1 is pretty rough. But I still enjoy season 2 and beyond.

I am still holding out for a new X-Files series...I'd even be fine with a "next generation" x-files series after another film with the old cast.

I think the last season or two was an attempt to gauge the possiblity of a spinoff only it wasn't well regarded.

Ooh! I liked the cerulean blue episode. Haven't seen it since the 90's so I forget the details, but I think someone went on a killing rampage every time he heard "cerulean blue." Someone please correct me or expand if you know the details of this episode. Freaked me out a bit as a kid.

Also got freaked out by an early episode where they're stuck in some forest and some green mutant spore that lives in the trees is killing people. Very similar concept to "Ice" I guess.

The cerulean blue episode is titled Pusher, it's about a man with a brain tumor which has given him the ability to "push" his will on others using his voice. It's one of my favorite episodes, the villain is very memorable. And the second episode your referring to is titled Darkness Falls, it's about an ancient swarm of insects being released by a group of loggers. I recommend both episodes!

I think the last season or two was an attempt to gauge the possiblity of a spinoff only it wasn't well regarded.

Was Millennium a spin-off series of X-Files? Man, that was a creepy show. I think the lead actor was Lance Hendriksen, who I think was great. I wonder if he is still around.

They were more like trying to change the main characters and have the roster now and then, the same way CSI was able to do now.

The X-Files tried the ole' "see if we can reboot the show for another 5-10 seasons with a different cast" trick. It didn't work for Dukes of Hazard or Saved by the Bell and it didn't work for X-Files. I liked Dogget, but you couldn't fully appreciate him at the time because you were just constantly missing Mulder. And Monica Reyes was very forgettable. I think they were grooming her to eventually replace Scully.

I loved Dogett and didn't miss Mulder at all. I found it refreshing to have new blood in the show for a while.

Another great episode is Drive, that's the one with Bryan Cranston. Check it out if you get the chance!

The cerulean blue episode is titled Pusher, it's about a man with a brain tumor which has given him the ability to "push" his will on others using his voice. It's one of my favorite episodes, the villain is very memorable. And the second episode your referring to is titled Darkness Falls, it's about an ancient swarm of insects being released by a group of loggers. I recommend both episodes!

Oh my god. This is awesome. I looked up "Pusher" online and it was written by none other than Vince Gilligan! :wow:

I mis-remembered. It was the two younger agents from the second X-Files movie that looked like they might be a spin off for a new series or possible movie franchise.

remember him ? i hated him haha. Krycek

Skinner and Cancer man are also one of the best characters.
czTrZ4R.jpg

I love how multifaceted the show was. It was creepy, thrilling, funny, and poignant all at once. Bring on the third movie!!

If another One Direction, Katy Perry, Big Time Flush, or some such movie gets made before this, that day has not before seen the unfathomable amount of rue it will subsequently encounter. :argh:

I loved Dogett and didn't miss Mulder at all. I found it refreshing to have new blood in the show for a while.

Dogett was a good fit for x-files and it felt like Mulder was the outcast on the episode he came back for.

I love how multifaceted the show was. It was creepy, thrilling, funny, and poignant all at once. Bring on the third movie!!

If another One Direction, Katy Perry, Big Time Flush, or some such movie gets made before this, that day has not before seen the unfathomable amount of rue it will subsequently encounter. :argh:

What Fox really needs to do is bring it back as a miniseries similar to what they did with 24. The sell by date for another movie has long since passed but a miniseries would be great if they wanted to tie up loose ends.

X-Cops was a favourite when it aired and I just re-watched it this summer (a Vince Gilligan episode) and it still holds up. Loved watching The X-Files on Fridays for their last year on that night then their move to Sundays. It eclipsed The Simpsons as my favourite show and then it all went downhill. Seven seasons and another movie would've been great.

This is a show I've wanted to watch in its entirety for a long time, I remember the theme creeped me out when my Dad watched it as a kid and thought it was a horror show I couldn't get into. When I got the Sci-Fi channel I'd come home from school to watch Stargate SG-1 which means I saw the last minutes of several X-Files episodes lol. Then when I started college in 2009 I stayed up till one in the morning to watch X-Files on SyFy, it was season 5 and 6 episodes I think. I currently own the first three seasons on DVD but have yet to watch them due to me wanting to own them all then going through a marathon. I suppose there is Netflix....but I really want all the DVDs first.

some episods were 100% horror movies with an insane amount of scary scenes.

i remember like it was yesterday when i watched The Host and Humburg for the first time.

I was 4 when I saw the 'Host' and it gave me nightmares for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"