The X-Files: 20 Years Later

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
[YT]rbBX6aEzEz8[/YT]
20th anniversary today. :up:

TV Line and IGN have both done "Best Of" lists to celebrate.

I've been a fan of The X-Files since it first premiered. It's definitely one of my favorite TV series ever! :bow:

X-Files is one of those shows, along with Twin Peaks, that was really ahead of its time and could easily have fitted into the current crop of cable dramas.

Eve and deep throat are my favorite episodes of the show.

I love the whole Barry Duane (?) arc where Scully gets abducted and Mulder has to team-up with Krycek, the double-agent for CSM. What makes that whole arc even better was it was only conceived as a way to get around Gillian Anderson's pregnancy, but it was an accidental stroke of brilliance.

The other great episode was where Scully's dad died and she saw his ghost muttering to her. And 'Home' about the inbred family. That episode was banned for a while.

I did think X-Files had a serious drop in quality by the fifth season or so, even way before Duchovney left the show. Still okay, but those first few seasons before it got too bogged down in the weight of its own mythology (and also before irreplaceable characters like Deep throat and X were killed off) were awesome.

Wow, I can't believe it has been 20 years already. I loved the show for several seasons but lost interest after all that black space goo stuff showed up. I may go back and watch them again just to see what they were about.

Love it. It's one of my favourite ever shows. I'd love them to make one more movie, if for no other reason than to wash the taste of I Want to Believe out of our mouths.

Even a one-off TV special would do.

Wow, I can't believe it has been 20 years already. I loved the show for several seasons but lost interest after all that black space goo stuff showed up. I may go back and watch them again just to see what they were about.

Yeah, the black space goo stuff was kinda dumb and it was much more interesting to see Mulder and Scully take on morally complex conspirators than drones who had been zombiefied by black goo and had no free will. The clone bounty-hunters was also kinda dumb.

I was a major fan of Home it was a creepy episode and the time. I really need to Rewatch that Episode again/.

The first five seasons of The X-Files are definitely the strongest of the series.

They keep bringing up the hope of a movie and finishing off or updating the storyline involving the "colonization" plans but until I see they are filming I'll remain skeptical in honor of Scully.

fantastic series. amaaaaazing.

i think American Horror story is the first tv series that looks and feels close to xfiles.

I personally liked the one with The Great Mutato and reference in it to Cher. It has been so long since I have seen it and can vaguely remember it.

There was also a dark episode in which some deformed siblings kept their mother in a tray under the bed and the investigating police were Sheriff Taylor and Deputy Fife. Again, a vague remembrance.

I actually enjoyed Millennium more. Does anyone remember the episode that featured demons at a café discuss how they did their dirty work?

The best ever episode of the The X-Files HAS to be Jose Chung's From Outer Space...

Actually, it may very well be the best episode of anything ever..

I have so many favorite episodes, but I'll list my personal top 10.

1. Pilot
2. Squeeze
3. Sleepless
4. Duane Berry
5. Die Hand Die Verlezt
6. The List
7. Piper Maru
8. Pusher
9. Jose Chung's From Outer Space
10. El Mundo Gira

The best ever episode of the The X-Files HAS to be Jose Chung's From Outer Space...

Actually, it may very well be the best episode of anything ever..

I skip that episode when my Wife is watching it with me :yay: It's not for everyone :cwink:

Home is a great episode also and loved the episode about the fluke worm when I was a kid, just remembering his eye's opening up after he was cut in half gave me nightmares :wow:

I fine season 8 has to be the most underrated I really liked the dynamic between Scully and Dogget.

This is one of the only TV shows I've watched through multiple times. Never gets old.

Been thinking of marathoning through the series again sometime soon.

Been thinking of marathoning through the series again sometime soon.

For the month of September I've been having an X-Files marathon, which will lead into my Halloween 2013 horror movie marathon.

I don't know if it was the best episode but I recall one episode that was pretty disturbing. It was about some redneck people that were having incest with their mom who they kept under the floor or something.

Mind you this is just from memory and I may be totally off. lol But that is something I remember.

That would be the infamous Family episode. She was more than mom/wife. She was their aunt and possibly sister too. In fact I'm sure it's twisted enough that she'd inexplicably be their daughter too.

That would be the infamous Family episode. She was more than mom/wife. She was their aunt and possibly sister too. In fact I'm sure it's twisted enough that she'd inexplicably be their daughter too.

I think you mean Home. Probably my favorite episode of the series. Probably not in my top 10 but I wish more people mentioned Synchrony. One of the coolest takes on time travel ever in my opinion. Really, all of season 4 is just absolutely perfect. One of the best seasons of any show ever. Also had the best season finale of the entire show in my opinion.

That's right. Shows how long it's been since I watched the series. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"