Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Vin Diesel have gone to marvel studios or wherever he was at this week if it was for a Fox film? I can actually see him as Cable.

Would Vin Diesel have gone to marvel studios or wherever he was at this week if it was for a Fox film? I can actually see him as Cable.

Nope, he would've gone to Fox!

If this becomes a reality I hope the dump the realism and just do a fun yet accurate superhero movie, kind of like Avengers.

Cable, Deadpool, Domino, and X-23 are all musts (X-23 is a pet character of mine, I love her backstory and struggle to act more human). I'd also like to see Boom Boom, Sunspot, Warpath, and maybe Loa (she's cool). Does anyone have any ideas as to the villain? The X-Men franchise is so old and vast (there are hundreds of characters) that you could easily do movies for years to come without the main cast. Generation X would work as a movie as well.

I would love this line up. :up:

Deadpool and Gambit were shoved in a ****** movie, were they originally were not supposed to be in. Bad writing is bad writing.

Difference is Deadpool belongs on X-Froce, just like Gambit belongs on X-Men. He has been in every volume of the book and has definitely earned his spot there. Not to mention how popular he is now. You think Fox is gonna miss a chance to do him right now that they know his popularity? They are gonna set him up to make the most money they can out of him. Just like they do with another Weapon X character.

This all depends on one thing. Does Fox want Deadpool interacting with their X-Men Universe? I am 90% sure the answer is yes. X-Force is actually the right way to do that.

I'm sorry, but I doubt "X-Force" will help set up as a popular movie character ON HIS OWN. If he'll be in this movie, he'll either go down as a popular supporting character on this franchise (= wasted potential) or get a spin-off movie, which features THIS PG-13 version of the character (= "Deadpool, the character from the X-Force movie you watched last summer, just without the other X-guys" - still wasted potential).

Setting characters up in movies doesn't work like in the comics, where die-hard fans and readers are like "Oh, this character's cool. He's getting his OWN, completely different series? I'm gonna buy that one, too."

I'm sorry, but I doubt "X-Force" will help set up as a popular movie character ON HIS OWN. If he'll be in this movie, he'll either go down as a popular supporting character on this franchise (= wasted potential) or get a spin-off movie, which features THIS PG-13 version of the character (= "Deadpool, the character from the X-Force movie you watched last summer, just without the other X-guys" - still wasted potential).

I disagree. But we shall find out....

after more thought, if this movie features the classic line-up with Cable, or even a few updates like x-23, I'm cool with it.
If however, Fox tries to adapt Uncanny X-force, which they will inevitably botch horribly, I will boycott the f**k out of it.

Last edited:
that's a good call, he'd be pretty perfect casting, if a bit on the nose

I disagree. But we shall find out....

You disagree on the fact that he'd be wasted like this, or disagree that it'll go down in a similar way?

In the second case, IMHO you think too much like a comic book fan. If Deadpool will be a popoluar character in a possible, PG13 X-Force movie, the general audience couldn't care less about how he's portrayed in the comics, they'll love him for how he is in the movies. And these movies are made for and marketed to THE GENERAL AUDIENCE. And the studio is, in case of popularity, of course going to push the version the G.A. has known to love. And you can count on that.

With Cable leading, I really hope Deadpool and Domino are at least involved. They can pick and choose the other supporting characters and stories from its history for all I care.

after more thought, if this movie features the classic line-up with Cable, or even a few updates like x-23, I'm cool with it.
If however, Fox tries to adapt Uncanny X-force, which they will inevitably botch horribly, I will boycott the f**k out of it.

Can't wait for Deadpool being turned into a masked version of Jack Sparrow!

You disagree on the fact that he'd be wasted like this, or disagree that it'll go down in a similar way?

In the second case, IMHO you think too much like a comic book fan. If Deadpool will be a popoluar character in a possible, PG13 X-Force movie, the general audience couldn't care less about how he's portrayed in the comics, they'll love him for how he is in the movies. And these movies are made for and marketed to THE GENERAL AUDIENCE. And the studio is, in case of popularity, of course going to push the version the G.A. has known to love. And you can count on that.

I disagree with alot of what your saying. I don't think he would be wasted and I don't think this film will affect his solo happening. I think they still want to do that film, and if anything it will boost the chances of it happening. Or....both X-Force and Deadpool are happening. Who knows. We will find out at SDCC. Deadpool is a very popular character. Fox is gonna want to use him whenever they can, and it's very acceptable to have him in an X-Froce film like practically everyone else on this board has said.

Everyone will want to see Deadpool in this, interacting with Cable and Domino and he will proabably be a strong selling point for the film itself.

I disagree with alot of what your saying. I don't think he would be wasted and I don't think this film will affect his solo happening. I think they still want to do that film, and if anything it will boost the chances of it happening. Or....both X-Froce and Deadpool are happening. Who knows. We will find out at SDCC. Deadpool is a very popular character. Fox is gonna want to use him whenever they can, and it's very acceptable to have him in an X-Froce film like practically everyone else on this board has said.

Everyone will want to see Deadpool in this, interacting with Cable and Domino and he will proabably be a strong selling point for the film itself.

Dude, let's be less naive here. It could boost a solo appearance of Deadpool, but definitely NOT an R-rated version. Deadpool may be very popular with the geekdom, and people who tap into this world once in a while, but he's no Batman or Superman. To the general moviegoing audience who doesn't care about comic books (but will watch comic book movies), he's basically nobody. And from a business standpoint, if he's popular in THIS VERSION (Fox is going to realize: "Hey, he's popular like this anyway. So f**k who wants a harder, R-rated version, this kind of stuff will make more money , as we can market it to kids!"), you're not going to see an all-too different take on Deadpool, just THIS VERSION of him on his own. Your setting yourself up for dissapointment, be more realistic and look at how the movie business works. ;)

If they were cool with making it R it would have happened two years ago. The studio has alot of issues with it. I see more exposure in a mainstream film as a way of possibly increasing the chances of that happening. Will it help who knows. Maybe Deadpool will be announced at SDCC.

This is gonna go in circle's man, so agree to disagree.

I hope when they announce this at comic con they release concept art do we can see what characters they'll use.

relax a bit guys, this should be a nice and relaxing topic :D

Lets move on to casting choices :p

I hope when they announce this at comic con they release concept art do we can see what characters they'll use.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Think it's safe to say Cable and Domino are in the clear but it def would be nice to have some confirmation on characters.

ov3yRBg.jpg

robertliefeld ‏@robertliefeld 39m
I can pretty much eliminate some sites suggestion that the Milligan X-Statix stuff is in the mix. An X-Force film is Cable. Is Deadpool.

Pretty good chance we will see Cable and Wade.

I was under the impression Deadpool was kind of a joke character? Like a comedy type outrageous dude...

I would think Canonball would make an appearance at least. I'm still surprised they have gotten this many movies in and there has been no mention of the Guthrie clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"