Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, not too impressed with Jeff Wadlow. Even Kick-ass 2, from the little I've seen so far, seems like a step down from Matthew Vaughn's work directing-wise.

I'll agree with you there. Don't know if he's Directing yet though. Kick Ass 2 looks very close to the books so kind of tough to judge him as a writer as well. I havn't seen much from his work.

Think I saw Cry Wolf but I may be getting it confused with another flick.

Some interesting tweets from Liefeld

I can pretty much eliminate some sites suggestion that the Milligan X-Statix stuff is in the mix. An X-Force film is Cable. Is Deadpool.

As far as who will play the roles of Cable and Deadpool, Rob Liefeld tweeted, “Ryan Reynolds IS DEADPOOL! Cable could be many…
I'm thinking the film line-up may be:

Cable
Deadpool
Warpath
Bishop
Wolverine
Psylocke/Blink (obligatory female member of the team)

I'll agree with you there. Don't know if he's Directing yet though. Kick Ass 2 looks very close to the books so kind of tough to judge him as a writer as well. I havn't seen much from his work.

Think I saw Cry Wolf but I may be getting it confused with another flick.

Well, according to the article he's writing with an eye to direct, so while it's not confirmed, it's quite possible.

I really like Matthew Vaughn (there's no mention of him producing, but he and/or Millar definitely pushed for Wadlow at Fox) - Mark Millar (though I've enjoyed several of his works) not so much - but I hope he won't take over all Marvel properties at Fox. I like diversity! :woot:

Well, according to the article he's writing with an eye to direct, so while it's not confirmed, it's quite possible.

I really like Matthew Vaughn - Mark Millar (though I've enjoyed several of his works) not so much - but I hope he won't take over the sum of the Marvel properties at Fox. I like diversity! :woot:

Yeah, he usually Directs what he writes so your probably right. Hopefully Kick-Ass 2 is well made.

Vaughn's cool. He just ditches too many projects I wish he stuck with. I dig Millar's books for the most part. His film adaptations have been pretty solid, even with the changes I really liked Wanted. Hopefully he can help coax Fox into taking some risks on the more violent stuff. Seems to be in play already.

It seems to me, that Deadpool, Cable and Domino are essential. To me, they represent X-force. In fact, I'd love for the villain to hire Wade to kill Cable, they fight, but Cable says something to Wade that triggers a switch of alliance.

It seems to me, that Deadpool, Cable and Domino are essential. To me, they represent X-force. In fact, I'd love for the villain to hire Wade to kill Cable, they fight, but Cable says something to Wade that triggers a switch of alliance.

And next: This PG-13 version of Deadpool, as introduced by Jeff Wadlow, is getting his own movie, not too different from the X-Force movie tonally, to not alienate the general audience. R-rated Deadpool = Dead as a pool, if he's in this.

Bets are open! I told you so (mark this post)! :cwink:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Marked it on my own. This sig is here to stay. :D

Wouldn't count on Deadpool at all. He's as far from guaranteed as any character could be. All the X movies are in continuity but they want to distance themselves from Origins as much as possible.

Wouldn't count on Deadpool at all. He's as far from guaranteed as any character could be. All the X movies are in continuity but they want to distance themselves from Origins as much as possible.

I'd say Cable and Deadpool are a pretty sure thing. That's gonna be expected, and Millar hinted at both of them earlier in the year when he mentioned X-Force.

It's been confirmed numerous times that XMOW Deadpool will be retconned by Donner and Reynolds .
Donner said it pretty flat out.
“[Deadpool will be] a total reboot. We’re either going to pretend that didn’t happen, or mock it, which he could do.”

Last edited:
If they aren't using Wolverine as the lead character or the leader of the team in this movie. I could see this film performing like a G.I. Joe movie or Daredevil which is kinda sad. I don't get why Fox are willing to use their money and time when they could release another X-Men movie with the original cast w/c is going to attract more viewers. Oh well.

If they aren't using Wolverine as the lead character or the leader of the team in this movie. I could see this film performing like a G.I. Joe movie or Daredevil which is kinda sad. I don't get why Fox are willing to use their money and time when they could release another X-Men movie with the original cast w/c is going to attract more viewers. Oh well.

Where's the problem? They ARE making another X-Men movie with the original cast. With the original director, even!

I'd say Cable and Deadpool are a pretty sure thing. That's gonna be expected, and Millar hinted at both of them earlier in the year when he mentioned X-Force.

It's been confirmed numerous times that XMOW Deadpool will be retconned by Donner and Reynolds .
Donner said it pretty flat out.

That quote is from two years ago:

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-movie-reboot-rob-108019/

They ARE NOT making an R-rated Deadpool movie. There's no money in it. Do you really think a small percentage of an already niche fanbase is enough to motivate Fox to sink over $100 mil into a Deadpool movie? And don't give me that "they could do it for $50" bollocks. What X-Men movie has cost that? Ever?

X-Men First Class was the game changer. They sold an adult-oriented X-Men movie that won over the fan base and, considering there were little to no crossover tie-ins to raise public interest, was well received by the general audience. Wolverine ups the ante on seriousness. Days of Future Past even more so. They're not going to throw all that work away just to make a vulgar movie about a character that already appeared on screen once and was poorly received.

X-Force is being built as a vehicle for Wolverine.

They ARE NOT making an R-rated Deadpool movie. There's no money in it. Do you really think a small percentage of an already niche fanbase is enough to motivate Fox to sink over $100 mil into a Deadpool movie? And don't give me that "they could do it for $50" bollocks. What X-Men movie has cost that? Ever?

X-Men First Class was the game changer. They sold an adult-oriented X-Men movie that won over the fan base and, considering there were little to no crossover tie-ins to raise public interest, was well received by the general audience. Wolverine ups the ante on seriousness. Days of Future Past even more so. They're not going to throw all that work away just to make a vulgar movie about a character that already appeared on screen once and was poorly received.

Never said anything about the Deapdool solo, budget or Rating in my post. The producer's are not gonna go back to Barakpool was my point. They know that failed with fans hard, and would gain nothing going back to that verison. And we don't know how the UNiverse will change post DOFP or what will be left canon post DOFP.

Rumors being said leads to a Cable led crew, and while I'd prefer that. I'd be more then cool with a Wolverine covert team. Why do you think they will go that route out of curiosity? Or leave Deadpool out when he is obvioulsy a main draw for that team name?

Why do you think they will go that route out of curiosity?

Something Jackman said today made a few of us at the press junket do a double take. Wait until Comic-Con. You'll see.

EDIT: FYI the rumors were started by Liefeld. Of course he's going to tout his 90s team and not the early 2000s relauch. He hated what they did to his precious, disproportionate characters and their multitude of pouches. The guy didn't even know the Magneto movie was folded into First Class. He's not in the loop.

Something Jackman said today made a few of us at the press junket do a double take. Wait until Comic-Con. You'll see.

Gotcha :up:
EDIT: FYI the rumors were started by Liefeld. Of course he's going to tout his 90s team and not the early 2000s relauch. He hated what they did to his precious, disproportionate characters and their multitude of pouches. The guy didn't even know the Magneto movie was folded into First Class. He's not in the loop.
I've seen him say some good things about UXF. I know everyone hates the guy and he probably isnt in the loop as much as he says he is. But In all fairness the guy did have meetings with Fox discussing Cable awhile back (unless that was complete bs,) and has descirbed the Deadpool footage. So not saying he knows everything, but I think he has had meetings and knows a bit whats going on with some of his works. I think the Cable being a lead rumor came from someone else(as well as Lifeld). Could be wrong, all this I take is mostly speculation.

With or without Wolverine I think not including Cable or Wade would be a mistake. Deadpool and Cable have been in every Vol including the Wolverine lead ones. Millar highlighted them when he he was talking X-Force and popular characters they wanted to do, so I would like to think they would know better then to leave them out.

Last edited:

I agree

I wonder what Hugh jackman said at press junket.

Maybe the Magneto talk Is wrong but it's not crazy Rob Liefeld has met with fox about X-Force.

Maybe the film will be cross between original X-Force and UXF.

X-force could be lead In to 2017 X-Men film.If they want to bring Apocalypse Into films X-Force would be good way to go.

If Wolverine Is a character In X-Force some will complain again.There has already been a source saying Fox wants Cable as key character for X-Force that Wolverine Is for X-Men.

I say the deadpool film Is dead.But,deadpool being In X-force Isn't a dead Idea.

People aren't going to complain about Wolverine anymore after this next movie comes out.

Besides, what better way to finally get him into a a full on costume than to put him into a stealth team of black ops agents

I agree that deadpool Is dead.even If deadpool Is In X-force I wouldn't bet money on Ryan Reynolds playing him.

If X-Force Is build as vehicle for Wolverine expect some to complain like crazy on message boards at on SHH main page.Even If you had Wolverine and Cable headlining film together.

From videos I have seen the idea Hugh jackman Is ready to quit playing wolverine Is hogwash.I stand by my belief that DOFP appears to have It balnaced better than say Last stand did.

Maybe I should read up on X-Force squad wolverine lead to prepare for this film.

I told you pages back to read up on it dude. It's good stuff.
Maybe the film will be cross between original X-Force and UXF.

Yeah, mixing the rosters is the best way to go about it imo. Be it from Lifeld, Yost/Kyle or Remender. I still think it's important to have key members. But no reason you can't take them from the different volumes.

For the most part, as long as they are not filling the screen with characters who are not X-Froce members I'll be cool with it. If it is a Wolverine lead, I'd love to see some X-23.

Last edited:
Where's the problem? They ARE making another X-Men movie with the original cast. With the original director, even!

Thats for next year and we already know that since last year.

People aren't going to complain about Wolverine anymore after this next movie comes out.

Besides, what better way to finally get him into a a full on costume than to put him into a stealth team of black ops agents

The only people that are going to complain about Wolverine being part of the X-Force are the fan-boys.

But for the mainstream audience, it would be a big plus to have Wolverine in this movie.

Appreciate the insight, Pietro!

Other than Stephen Lang I think Michael Biehn would also be a great choice for Cable.

I say the deadpool film Is dead.But,deadpool being In X-force Isn't a dead Idea.

Shame if the case, that script was pretty solid.

Deadpool still holds alot of popularity over pretty much every other X-Force member besides Logan. Not adding him here would definitely raise question marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"