There is no more All-Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder

CConn said:
Is there any evidence of that? While I do think it was partially Miller's fault, Lee's personally taken all of them blame himself.

actually, thinking back to where i read it... (which of course i cant remember!) but it was an iterview with one of the two and one was taking all the blame that was wrongly placed on the other and i could have sworn it was miller who took the blame, but thinking now, it could have been lee... ****! i wish i could remember!

Man, that was the BEST mini series ever! Changed the face of comics.

guess whats popped up in Lying in the gutters:

http://comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

ALL CANCELLED?

Rumours from the DC Subscription department have caused all sorts of kerfuffles, telling subscribers that "All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder" have been cancelled. Worried DC readers who called up the department, hoping that maybe they meant that the book just wasn't available from the subscription department (and with their schedules who could blame them looking to replace them with something a bit more regular) were told, no, actually, that while "All Star Superman" will continue, just not from the subscription service, "All Star Batman" has been totally cancelled from issue 5.

Sounded like misinformation to me. Titan Magazines will certainly think so, as they've started serialising Miller and Lee's title along with Morrison and Kubert's "Batman" run and "Superman/Batman" in a new "Batman Legends" monthly newstand magazine in the UK, which in no way resembled the almost entirely identical "Batman Legends" book that Panini used to publish until last month when they lost the DC license to Titan.

Americans, watch for it on eBay any day now.

A quick e-mail to DC confirms what seemed most likely - that "All Star Batman" isn't cancelled. The subscription department got it wrong. Expect someone over there to be given a quiet word.

Can I ask if their refrigerator's running first?

Chuckle chuckle, laughter laughter

Its ironic that this all was a mistake,a error in words.But that still leaves room to say that the comic is still bad...

i'm glad it's not cancelled, kind of relieved.

CConn said:
Morrison and Quitely are doing just fone on All Star Superman.
fone?! oh you mean FINE!

but I never said that Morrison and Quitely were unpopular, where does this come from?

No, you didn't. I was just illustrating that they are other writers out there that can support a book just (or, at least, nearly so) as well as Miller and Lee - thusly, Miller and Lee (at least Miller:o) are replaceable.

I wasn't reading the book,but this is surprising news.

CConn said:
No, you didn't. I was just illustrating that they are other writers out there that can support a book just (or, at least, nearly so) as well as Miller and Lee - thusly, Miller and Lee (at least Miller:o) are replaceable.

Agreed, in terms of both writers and artists--Paul Dini, Neal Adams, Denny O'Niel, Tim Sale and about two dozen others could fill in on this book with no controversy.

Now, this is the worse news ever. :(

Cancel the damn book!

I won't lose any sleep if its canceled. Terrible book. The art for me is the only saving grace, but the writing is atrocious, and I usually like Frank Millers work!

sethcohen said:
it wasnt lee, it was frank miller... lee has been getting the blame but its frank miller taking forever to turn in his wonderful (im the goddamned batman!) scripts for lee to draw...

But Lee has personally said he is to blame for the delays. I don't know, i just kindof assumed that when he said that he wasn't lying. But you're right i shouldn't believe anything that man says.

so, is this goddamed Batman book gone or not? I am infinitley curious how this will book is gonna go :ninja:

Tojo said:
But Lee has personally said he is to blame for the delays. I don't know, i just kindof assumed that when he said that he wasn't lying. But you're right i shouldn't believe anything that man says.
I think it's safe to just blame both. :o
Tojo said:
so, is this goddamed Batman book gone or not? I am infinitley curious how this will book is gonna go :ninja:
It's still going.

Hey, is your refrigerator running?

Because if it is......it's running.....very homosexually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"