There is no more All-Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder

I called. They said it was canceled.

I emailed Newsarama about it too. I haven't gotten a reply or anything back yet, though.

hippie_hunter said:
All-Star Superman has also been taking off the subscription list:

https://www.cambeywest.com/dcc/dccuniv.asp
Whoa. [/Keanu]

The delays on that weren't that bad were they?

Is this the end of the All Star line period or just these two arcs. Caue you know I was looking forward to the sure-to-be-awesome All Star Batgirl lolz! :up:

Oh well, I found both All-Star titles disappointing anyway.

It's so ironic that both companies are using big name creators to attract attention, but now it's almost becoming a synonym with sub-par material.

Is there a phone number to DC Comics?

Damn man. I loved Allstar Supes. WTF would they cancel that one? It wasn't anywhere near as late as that Batman s**t! This is terrible news. Terrible news. :(

Yeah, I guess this means Neal Adams won't have his run on All-Star Bats, either. I was kinda looking forward to that.

All Star Superman's only been taken off the subscription list, not canceled.

No way they'd cancer a best selling, Eisner Award-winning title just because it's a few months late.

What purpose has the All-Star line served at all? It was a wanna be Ultimate line (which they deny), that might be selling out, but they realize that its going nowhere. Most people would disagree but, DC should just swallow there pride and follow in Marvel's footsteps and create a line that is more similar to what Marvel has done woth the Ultimate line. Most people think I'm crazy, but the whole point of the Ultimate Universe was to recreate characters in the modern world, and having a second chance to redo things that where messed up the first time around, something that DC could use. All this Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis crap, one day Wonder Women helped form the JLA the next she didn't, then she did, DC tries to redo things all the time, they just need to Ultimize, because unless you've been following DC for a very long time or your willing to do a lot of research things get kinda confusing.

supermarvelman said:
What purpose has the All-Star line served at all? It was a wanna be Ultimate line (which they deny), that might be selling out, but they realize that its going nowhere. Most people would disagree but, DC should just swallow there pride and follow in Marvel's footsteps and create a line that is more similar to what Marvel has done woth the Ultimate line. Most people think I'm crazy, but the whole point of the Ultimate Universe was to recreate characters in the modern world, and having a second chance to redo things that where messed up the first time around, something that DC could use. All this Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis crap, one day Wonder Women helped form the JLA the next she didn't, then she did, DC tries to redo things all the time, they just need to Ultimize, because unless you've been following DC for a very long time or your willing to do a lot of research things get kinda confusing.

If DC does what Marvel originally did with Ultimate Marvel, I'm all for it. It would simply be a line featuring younger versions of the characters in today's modern world. With the way time is passing in DC, this might have to become a necessity.

But if DC treats it the way Marvel is currently treating the Ultimate Marvel line...HELLLLLLLL NO! These days it's like they purposely try to make the Ultimate versions of characters as differently as possible.

Your right about how they are currently treating the Ultimate Line, but it's kinda like how I feel about the Nintendo Wii vs PS3 or XBOX360, atleast Nintendo has the balls to put there company on the line by trying something inovative and new, so I think they have a right to make a couple mistakes.

Every issue I have read of ASSuperman, I've always asked myself what the hell was the point of this ****, I was so disappointed because I heard All-Star was gonna be better than Ultimate, NO WAY.

One thing I would want them to do if they Ultimaized DC, is to have Abin Sur give his Power Ring to Guy Gardener, because in this new universe he would've been closer, it wouldn't change the fact that he is a *****-bag, thats one of those things that really fits the Ultimate Style or giving Aquaman a solid concrete origin or a Captain Marvel born in the 2000's not in the 40's. The All-Star line was not offering that.

supermarvelman said:

I will take the suggestions of a user named 'supermarvelman' in regards to DC comics with several, large grains of salt.

CConn said:
I called. They said it was canceled.

I emailed Newsarama about it too. I haven't gotten a reply or anything back yet, though.
Yeah. I called while at work late, yesterday afternoon. To be honest, I'm not that surprised with it's cancellation. Though, with #5 being the last of the series, I'm curious as to how exactly it'll end.

Atleast a universe were every one is the same in every book, not superman can fly in his but not in bats.

(doesnt make sence because I didnt quote the other guy who was talking about making a new universe for dc heros better than ultimate line)

LibrarianThorne said:
I will take the suggestions of a user named 'supermarvelman' in regards to DC comics with several, large grains of salt.

Especially if he talks crap about All Star Superman.

Put down the drink and put down the pipe.

supermarvelman said:
One thing I would want them to do if they Ultimaized DC, is to have Abin Sur give his Power Ring to Guy Gardener, because in this new universe he would've been closer, it wouldn't change the fact that he is a *****-bag, thats one of those things that really fits the Ultimate Style or giving Aquaman a solid concrete origin or a Captain Marvel born in the 2000's not in the 40's. The All-Star line was not offering that.

That's just it, the All Star line isn't supposed to be Ultimate DC. It isn't meant to bring familiar characters to a contemporary setting, it was always about doing stories without being tied down by current continuity. That's why the 2 titles that exist(ed) had different portrayals of (some of) the same characters.

Captain Marvel has had his origin re-written a couple of times to bring Billy to a more modern setting. They've even had him living in the streets. If your complaint is about his behaviour then you don't know the character AT ALL. He's the vision a kid has of what a hero is supposed to be, that's why he acts so innocently. He also has the voices of his "sponsors" guiding him, especially Solomon's.

Aquaman doesn't have a "solid concrete origin"? Which one do you mean? The new one? Because I'm an Aqua fan and I can tell you that Orin's origin was set YEARS ago.

This is a good thing. Hopefully this means the end of the all star line.

All-Star Superman is still going to be coming out they are just not going to take any more new orders for a subscription for All-Star Superman but it is still an ongoing.

hippie_hunter said:
If DC does what Marvel originally did with Ultimate Marvel, I'm all for it. It would simply be a line featuring younger versions of the characters in today's modern world. With the way time is passing in DC, this might have to become a necessity.

But if DC treats it the way Marvel is currently treating the Ultimate Marvel line...HELLLLLLLL NO! These days it's like they purposely try to make the Ultimate versions of characters as differently as possible.
This I agree with if DC does an Ultimate line I think it should be like how Marvel's was when it first started the Ultimate series. I think this series could be a huge hit but they would have to do it right. Then like how I said in the JLA OYL thread have their counter parts take over their main titles (with Conner taking over for Superman instead of Kara).

Carmine Falcone said:
Damn, this sucks. I actually liked it.

Do you also happen to like Bruce Jones' run on Nightwing, Supergirl, Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther, and New Avengers?

If it's true that this book is no more, then my dream of having only TWO Batman books is getting closer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"