There is no more All-Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder

I am not to pleased about this. ASB & R had the potential to be a great Batman title. I don't think DC knew what they exactly wanted to do with this book.

Bullseye said:
I am not to pleased about this. ASB & R had the potential to be a great Batman title. I don't think DC knew what they exactly wanted to do with this book.
That's how I feel... I was really looking foward for more issues of this series.

Does the blame rest on DC?

WompuM said:
meh, the great experiement is over.
What? The Great Experiment? Like, as in the representative governmental system in the US? No, dude, that one was over, like, whenever the Alien and Sedition Acts came out.

All-Star Superman said:
I dont care but I am now worried for the All-Star line or could this be the start of Ultimate DC?
Silence, fool.

All-Star Superman said:
I wish they would start an Ultimate Line
You know what your problem is? You're Marvely.

supermarvelman said:
Most people think I'm crazy, but the whole point of the Ultimate Universe was to recreate characters in the modern world, and having a second chance to redo things that where messed up the first time around, something that DC could use.
I don't think you're crazy. I just think you're stupid.

supermarvelman said:
All this Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis crap, one day Wonder Women helped form the JLA the next she didn't, then she did, DC tries to redo things all the time
I prefer entertainment that doesn't just take the easy way out. It shows a lack of respect for the material, and for the readers, to do what Marvel has done with Ultimate. Of course, that's not suprising--they've never respected the material, or the readers. Reboots erase everything about a character--why are we supposed to give a damn about Ultimate Spiderman? He's a completely different character, with an old name, familiar powers, and a similar suit slapped on him. He's not the same guy. He just looks a little like a guy we used to know.

Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis are not that hard to grasp. See, once upon a time there were the first ten or fifteen years of DC continuity. These are what's called "The Golden Age," and they occurred in what we call "Earth-2." Then there about thirty more years of DC continuity, called "The Silver Age," (detecting a pattern here?) and they occurred in what we call "Earth-1." (Again, there seems to be some sort of inscrutable progression. At first it appears random, but somehow, if only our feeble human minds could grasp the formula that goes into it, we could hope to understand this massive, mind-defying equation.)

Then there was a thing called "Crisis on Infinite Earths." It's often called "Crisis." (Whoa! Whole new factor! Too...tough...to comprehend...) Crisis basically deleted Earth-2 from continuity. No more Earth-2 stories. It also cleaned up some continuity glitches from the past 40 years those were bound to happen, back before people gave a **** about them--now they still happen, except they're on purpose, perpetrated by moronic writers who think they can tell everybody's origin story better than the people who ****in' invented the characters, and whatnot. I call these morons "Marvel's writers." The moron who facilitates them is known as "Joe Quesada." As a brief aside, "Joe" has an unhealthy fixation on characters not smoking. He needs to stop doing what is known as "projecting his grief over the death of his father onto everyone else. No one cares, bro. It's your dad, not mine. Stop moralizing. It doesn't really work. I mean, I know I started smoking because Deadshot does, but still..."

Anyway, Crisis cleaned up some old glitches, and made DC readable and continuous. A couple more cleanups were necessary later, most notably in Zero Hour, which tread pretty much the same ground as Crisis, except it also shat all over the character of Hal Jordan, and Infinite Crisis, which recreated all the alternate Earths, then destroyed them again, and also managed to erase and reimagine continuity for hopefully the last time.

Now here comes the really tough part (tougher than what you've already said? Oh NO!) All the stuff BEFORE the Crisis is known as "Pre-Crisis." I'll pause to let you process that.

Now all the stuff AFTER the Crisis is known as "Post-Crisis." Again, this is ****in' complex stuff, up there with quantam physics. Major brain-puzzlers right here.

As for what, specifically, was changed, such as the Wonder Woman thing, DC put this handy-dandy little feature in the back of 52 called "History of the DC Universe." Totally brings you up to speed on all the changes. Hell, even Infinite Crisis itself did some of that. So quit whining, read the damn books if you're so tight-assed about them, and enjoy the work of a company that respects its characters and readers too much to just say...

"Uh...continuity glitches...mess-up...Ah, **** it, let's just redo the whole thing."

supermarvelman said:
they just need to Ultimize, because unless you've been following DC for a very long time or your willing to do a lot of research things get kinda confusing.
And it's nothing short of embarrassing when a noob with less than ten posts owns your ass because you're so easily confused.

supermarvelman said:
One thing I would want them to do if they Ultimaized DC, is to have Abin Sur give his Power Ring to Guy Gardener, because in this new universe he would've been closer, it wouldn't change the fact that he is a *****-bag, thats one of those things that really fits the Ultimate Style
So the Ultimate Style is just going, "Hey, **** it, can't think of a reason not to. Change the damn thing. No good reason, I just sort of, you know, feel like it. Hey, roll me up another jay, Joe Q." Woo. That's some impressive Style right there.

supermarvelman said:
Aquaman a solid concrete origin
You are just too easily confused, aren't you? Fishman. Wash up on shore. Raised as man. Go back to Atlantis, become king. Jesus ****, that's so ****in' hard, isn't it?

supermarvelman said:
or a Captain Marvel born in the 2000's not in the 40's. The All-Star line was not offering that.
What, you hate the 40s now? Greatest Generation, *****!

Hate to burst your bubble Aristotle, but Aquaman hasn't had that a concrete of an origin in ages. Pretty much every writer that comes along on the title changes it, which is why one solid concrete one would be great.

Also, ditch the attitude. It's not wanted.

Tropico said:
Does the blame rest on DC?
partly, its Miller's and Lee's fault for taking so damn long and its DC's fault for not taking action (getting new creative team/exerting preassure on Millar/Lee to finish)

Venom160 said:
partly, its Miller's and Lee's fault for taking so damn long and its DC's fault for not taking action (getting new creative team/exerting preassure on Millar/Lee to finish)

Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear.:up:

your welcome, and I agree with some of you guys this title had potiencial to be a great series. I but I have a feeling it won't be gone for long, if AS superman continues to do well and the AS Batgirl and Wonder Woman minis are successes than im sure DC will bring AS Batman back with a new and hopefully more productive creative team.

I know I'm late to the tea party, but I would like to join in with those of you who are celebrating this rag's demise. To those who aren't, just ignore this message because we clearly don't really have anything to say to each other anyway. :oldrazz:

I wanted to see atleast 12 issues on this. it's a shame they couldn't just replace Lee with Adams and do the goddamn job. But i wanted more out of curiosity.

Look at it this way: At the rate they were going, 12 issues would've taken roughly a decade to come out. You would've probably forgotten about it by then anyway.

If they replaced Lee that time would be halved to about 5 years.

who is this new kid? he thinks he's the ****, smells like it too. :)

Harlekin said:
Hate to burst your bubble Aristotle, but Aquaman hasn't had that a concrete of an origin in ages. Pretty much every writer that comes along on the title changes it, which is why one solid concrete one would be great.

Also, ditch the attitude. It's not wanted.
Only because you think I'm a noob.

Assassin said:
who is this new kid? he thinks he's the ****, smells like it too. :)
That is so brilliantly fifth-grade. I mean, really, I'd actually forgotten that all of us were once so young that we used to say stuff like that to each other. You make "****ing moron" sound like Shakespeare.

CConn said:
But like I said, why not just switch creative teams (or simply artists)?
Because Miller and Lee were the bait to bring in new readers, if it were lesser known creators it wouldn't fly.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Because Miller and Lee were the bait to bring in new readers, if it were lesser known creators it wouldn't fly.
Morrison and Quitely are doing just fone on All Star Superman.

Tojo said:
If they replaced Lee that time would be halved to about 5 years.
it wasnt lee, it was frank miller... lee has been getting the blame but its frank miller taking forever to turn in his wonderful (im the goddamned batman!) scripts for lee to draw...

Is there any evidence of that? While I do think it was partially Miller's fault, Lee's personally taken all of them blame himself.

Eh, as much as I would like to celebrate the demise of a bad book, I really doubt the series itself is canceled. Is this a sign of more delays? Probably, but I don't think its canceled. And if ASS is canceled, I'll have to kill someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"