Adam Hughes to write All-Star Wonder Woman

I still hope DC would add a co-writer to All Star Wonder Woman. I don't feel entirely confident in Hughes covering both duties of writing and art.

Matt Wagner does alright with it. I wanna see what Hughes can do.

I'm saddened that All Star Wonder Woman is going to be a mini-series. I was really hoping it would be ongoing.

Bullseye said:
I'm saddened that All Star Wonder Woman is going to be a mini-series. I was really hoping it would be ongoing.

Where does it say that?

In the DC Nation column. Didio said two mini-series and then went on to say the mini-series would be All Star Wonder Woman and All Star Batgirl.

All the All Stars are meant to be miniseries.

Frank Miller is only signed on for about 12. Although that will take about 28 years.

They're all minis. Awesome, so maybe DC will eventually get rid of it

Adam Hughes to write and draw Wonder Woman?
Sweet.
I'll definately be putting this series in my pull list.

Steelsheen said:
[LukeSkywalker]I care.[/LukeSkywalker]
I thought I was the only one who ever made that joke. :o
Mee said:
Matt Wagner does alright with it. I wanna see what Hughes can do.
And don't forget old Darwyn Cooke.

Though Hughes is certainly a bit more unproven than those writer/artists.

I didn't know the All Star series' were to be miniseries.

It will probably take a enourmous amount of time for Miller to complete his run on All Star Batman.

Wonder Woman haters should be required to read Greg Rucka's run on the character before making asses of themselves with such comments. :o

Heinberg's arc is turning out to be even better.

IMO. :o

I read the first issue and enjoyed it, but it didn't give me the impression that the series was going to be a must-read. Since I am in college, I really have to focus on reading the best of the best.

CConn said:
Heinberg's arc is turning out to be even better.

IMO. :o

Yup.

I feel WW may have finally found the perfect formula to make her a seller again

Yeah, it has a really great tone to it. A bit more light and comic-booky than Rucka's (although, that may simply be due to the Dodsons). I do really like seeing that in a WW title.

Personally, I feel that and Batman are the two best regular titles DC is putting out currently. Shame Heinberg's only staying for an arc. :(

CConn said:
Yeah, it has a really great tone to it. A bit more light and comic-booky than Rucka's (although, that may simply be due to the Dodsons). I do really like seeing that in a WW title.

Personally, I feel that and Batman are the two best regular titles DC is putting out currently. Shame Heinberg's only staying for an arc. :(

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. IMO, WW and Batman are the best titles, and i wish busieks supes was just as good, but it looks like its getting boring very quickly. "Action" will probably the "it" title for superman

What I like about WW is that so many of the classic elements are being brought back and modernized, and nemesis and sarge steel are great as well

Glad to see some other folks enjoying Heinberg's run so far.

Rucka's run was pretty heavy on the mythology. I imagine that the lowered focus on that aspect of Wonder Woman has made it more accessible.

Yeah, Heinberg's run has definately got that bit of nostalgia of the Silver Age WW that wasnt really present in Rucka's run, IMO. And for alot of fans that grew up watching the Lynda Carter series, I think something like what Heinberg is presenting is much more appealing to a casual reader who may be largely unfamilar with WW in general.

I'm all for expanding WW's audience :up:
Maybe I'll check out the trade :huh:

I think Wonder Woman would have a lot of attention if Heinberg will be writing WW while Hughes begins his work on All Star Wonder Woman. Since Heinberg's run will only consist of five issues, he might be finished with the book by the time Hughes begins his run on All Star Wonder Woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"