The Force Awakens Things about the movie I fear

I think the vast majority would be at least disappointed if Phasma didn't make it out of this film. She already seem to be rather popular. Her merch is flying off the shelves.

I really don't think she's making it past EP 7 lol. She just seems to be a cool hench(wo)man. I'm fine either way. I really want Kylo to be a trilogy villain but as I've said quite a few times in the past, I think he's going to make his Zuko metamorphosis and become a good guy by EP 9. I feel as though somewhere in EP 8 Snoke will do something that will challenge Kylo's beliefs and force him to face himself.

Well, in an interview, Kennedy said [BLACKOUT]we'd see Kylo grow more powerful in the dark side over the course of the trilogy. So I doubt Kylo's going to be turning.[/BLACKOUT]

I hope we get at least one scene where we see Phasma's face. I love Christie as an actress and it would be a shame if she's entirely covered in armor through the whole film.

^ I have a feeling she'll always be covered. Even when she takes her helmet off. Objects within the scene will conveniently block her face so the audience can't see her. Similar to Wilson - Tim Allen's neighbor from Home Improvement. :cwink:

I havent read any spoilers out there... So I have no idea what you're talking about. I listed 12 random things that would suck if it happened in any star wars film... if you think a lot will happen, then the movie will be a total let down.

I however, think the movie will be good. I think JJ is a true SW fan who will give the fans what the want and Kasdan wrote Empire for God's sake. I've been disappointed before (Lucas PT), but this one seems to be different than the 1999 Phantom Menace hype / craze.

The only thing I know going into this movie is Kylo isnt a sith, but part of some group i've never heard of, I know the character names - have no idea what they are doing there, I know the tattooine looking planet is Jakku because of a micro machine set that came out that i saw, I know Snoke is andy serkis and i have no idea what he is, i know finn fights kylo in the forrest snow planet bc of the clip. . . Really, beyond that - I have no idea about anything of the story.

Irregardless of what you know or don't know about the movie: Half of the things you fear are all but confirmed. Just letting you know to get used to it before seeing the movie.

2. Kylo Ren is a huge disappointment. Im really hoping that he isnt a one and done villain.

He may live on to suck in latter. Hopefully he won't, though.

My money's on him living. And it's a pretty safe bet, I think.

Objects within the scene will conveniently block her face so the audience can't see her. Similar to Wilson - Tim Allen's neighbor from Home Improvement. :cwink:

That would be reminiscent of Austin Powers and it'd be ridiculous. 3rd safe bet for the thread/day: Won't happen.

^ :hehe:

Actually I fear the next trailer will never come and we'll just have to wait December 18th for anything new. :eek:

Shouldn't do another rehash of Rebels vs. Empire..... That would SUCK. And its kinda looking like that...

Its like Sega Genesis vs. Super Nintendo was Classic Trilogy.... Now do you guys want to see Sega Saturn vs. Nintendo Gamecube - or do you want Playstation vs. X-Box war ???

The biggest fear for sure is the retreading of old territory, so far at least visually it seems that they are playing it relatively safe with the designs. Some of the new ones looks really good, like that red enforcer and BB8, but others like Leias droid are pretty horrible, but well not every design is going to be great, that's normal in any movie.

Storywise is my true fear, what is the overall plan that they are going for (if there is even one). I trust kasadans abilities but as an idea guy , i dont think that is his strength. Abrams as an architect of this world is what really scares me, after the whole Arndt thing and tossing Lucas ideas to the side (to what extent we dont know), i became a little more skeptic about the whole thing.

Will see how it goes, they have an impossible task ahead, playing in this universe without the creator of it, but i hope for a good movie at least, and dream of a great one.

I really really hope they tone down all this secrecy stuff, there a lot of spoilers out there, i know they want to keep it secret but this is borderline ridiculous, we should have a trailer at this point

And hi everyone, first post here

1 ) Balancing out the established characters with the many new ones which need character development and tying in the plots. You need a longer film to do this correctly.

The new characters are the main focus. Han, Leia, and Luke have small roles.

2 ) Limited screen time for the coolest new characters. AKA The Darth Maul mistake as he deserved much more in the Phantom Menace.

How do we know who the coolest new characters are, or how much screentime they have?

3 ) Too much screen time for Finn. He's already the poster boy for the trailers. Very risky.

...why?

4 ) Old Luke in a light saber battle. It has to happen. I fear Hamill is a bit old to make a light saber duel look cool, even with great CGI and stunt men,

Why does it have to happen?

5 ) Han Solo and Leia having couple arguments. Pass

I'm not the greatest fan of this either, but the execution is what matters.

6 ) Trailers. They have been a little short on action.

Really? The trailers have been very action-heavy, so I don't know what you've been watching.

Will see how it goes, they have an impossible task ahead, playing in this universe without the creator of it, but i hope for a good movie at least, and dream of a great one.

The fact that Lucas isn't involved is this film's greatest strength. If Lucas were writing or directing this... I'd take a big fat pass. There's only so many mistakes you can forgive, and Lucas passed that mark a long long time ago. At least for me.

My biggest fear, if anything, is people hyping it up to the extreme to the point where no matter how good it is, it will be a disappointment. Mark Hamill even said so himself.

The fact that Lucas isn't involved is this film's greatest strength. If Lucas were writing or directing this... I'd take a big fat pass. There's only so many mistakes you can forgive, and Lucas passed that mark a long long time ago. At least for me.

Agreed. This Lucas apologia will always baffle me. It's like continuing to go back to an abusive spouse even after they've beat you to hell and back and proven beyond doubt that they cannot be trusted. Star Trek survived without Rodenberry, so Star Wars can without Lucas.

There is a surprisingly large amount of people *****ing about the lack of the Fox fanfare. And you are surprised that there are people still wanting the creator of the franchise to be involved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"