Things you DON’T want to see in the Captain Marvel movie

Oh come on, there's no way they would... wait a minute.

They did say that her origin story will be different.
And Jude Law *is* old enough to play Brie Larson's father.
And Carol's mother will allegedly be a scientist and play an important role in the movie, unlike her husband (who will be played by a much younger actor).
And let's not forget that in the comics, Mar-Vell does have two half-Kree children who both held the title of Captain Marvel for a while...

Oh God.

Well Kurt Russell can't have ALL the fun after all!????

On the plus side if true Jude Law might have been a one night stand!

I wouldn’t hate it if he was the daddy. Might be too close to the Diana/ares thing though.

Gosh everyone in the marvel u likes that tight alien booty

I wouldn’t hate it if he was the daddy. Might be too close to the Diana/ares thing though.

Gosh everyone in the marvel u likes that tight alien booty

But it would plausibly explain why she becomes that powerful, wouldn't it?

I wonder if her appearance and actions during Infinity Wars Part Two is how and why Kamala is inspired to become Ms Marvel?

Speaking of which will Carol start her superheroine career as Ms Marvel?

Last edited:
I hope not. If he’s called captain marvel it would make sense she would inherit his name. Save ms marvel for kamala

I hope not. If he’s called captain marvel it would make sense she would inherit his name. Save ms marvel for kamala

Maybe she starts off as Ms Marvel then Jude's actions inspire her to assume the mantle by the end of the movie?

I don’t love it. It would definitely make me roll my eyes

If anything she'll be called Ms. Marvel in a jokingly way, but I dont expect that to be an sort of codename actually used

We're going to need Stan Lee calling her Ms. Marvel, just once!:woot:

I wonder if her appearance and actions during Infinity Wars Part Two is how and why Kamala is inspired to become Ms Marvel?

You'll have to wait until Captain Marvel 2 in 2022 to see that.
Also, don't forget that what inspires Kamala to become a superhero is getting superpowers, and we have no idea how they're going to handle that. In the comics she an Inhuman, and Inhumans are completely toxic.

No anachronisms given its setting.

No Hot Tub Time Machine type humor regarding the 90's. Go the Stranger Things route. It's about our main character in a story that takes place in a certain time frame NOT about that time frame. There's a distinction. Long story short, don't hit us over the head that it's the 90's.

While I don't want a Marv and Carol pairing up either at the same time I don't want Carol to be, well, sexless let's say. What I mean is don't turn Carol into the cliche of the hard driving professional woman that's cut herself off from romantic entanglements or a sex life just because she's pursuing a career. Show that she's had relationships and is open to them of varying levels intensity. I ain't saying go the opposite route either and make her Bridgette Jones pining for a dude to come complete her. I just mean if Tony Stark can have an obvious appreciation for the other sex in his first film there's no reason Carol has to be sexless in presentation either.

Go easy on the foreshadowing of events we know will come to the MCU. Do it sure, but like with the 90's setting don't bash us over the head with it.

Don't make Carol simply a female dude bro type with no sense of how educated she actually would have to be just because that is more "relatable". She's an Aire Force Academy graduate, officer and pilot. She may not be Reed Richards or Tony Stark but given her career she would have more than a layman's grasp of various scientific aspects of her job as well as American and world history. She's elitely educated in a field populated by well educated peers. Don't undermine that.

This post is beautiful, I couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"