• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things you never see in Films/TV/ Books that happen real life.

I'm positive there was a hospital in Crank. Because I only watched the clip with Glenn Howerton on Youtube.

The opening scene in Reservoir Dogs has everyone gathered around the table at a cafe. The boss for this bank robbery they're planning says he'll pay for the meal and everyone else can take the tip. Mr Pink (Steve Buscemi) refuses to chip in and pay his share because he only believes in tipping hen he gets a certain level of service.

I'm positive there was a hospital in Crank. Because I only watched the clip with Glenn Howerton on Youtube.

He is not in the hospital to get treatment for injuries though, it is just another scene where he is doing action stunts and whatnot.

I've yet to hear about a crime that was stopped because the suspect was caught while "monologue-ing" to his victims.

Even in movies, the bad guy isn't caught or stopped until after the monologue.

I've never seen someone answer their phone and its a wrong number, (or a person rin g a wrong number).

Nor have i ever seen anyone ring a company, get a Indian call centre, and are not able to understand the Indians grasp of english.

I never saw a situation where someone forgot to press the floor number in the elevator.

Oh and when someone goes on the computer, they forgot why they went on there in first place.

Last edited:
Jack Bauer getting stuck in traffic. I know when I was in L.A., it took at least an hour to get anywhere!! Come to think of it, when that show hit the 5:00 PM - 6:00PM hour, it should have been Jack, just sitting his car on the 10, complaining about how bad he has to lee.

Actual healthy long term gay relationships, with all the kissing and the like AND nonchalant, normal reactions to them. If they can show straight affection...

When you're being chased by something, ****ing STOPPING for any reason at all until you're sure you're in a safe, enclosed space where whatever it is can't get you.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall's openning sequence is one of the few movies I've seen that didn't feature a couple who cowered in shame at their own nudity around each other. The infamous "L" shaped sheets is a pretty classic trope of PG-13 and R rated movies so they don't exceed their "frames of nudity" limit. As if real couples after sex make a point to arrange themselves in the bed so the imaginary audience can't see their naughty bits.

Drug and alcohol tolerances seem pretty abscent from most films. I'm incredibly functional on most drugs and alcohol, usually in pretty modest doses. Drugs and alcohol always seem to be portrayed in an exceptionally negative light. Very rarely do you have drunks who can hold their liqour, or do not get drunk in a noticeable way.

Training that is done in a montage. An activity that's really supposed to be a habit, and consume much of the subjects time and energy is reduced to a very brief sequence with a distinct beginning, middle and end. As if you just start training and at some point you get "there" and then there is no need to address training ever again. The same goes for studying. Very rarely do movies feature protagonists who are familiar enough with the material that studying is simply part of a routine. You rarely get the student who studies for two hours a night, every night, and never has to cram for an exam.

I don't recall any films, but I've seen a ton of tv shows where people have had hiccups. Mostly cartoons.

In cartoons, they're a plot device. I'm talking about someone takes a drink of something cold, and suddenly they have hiccups.

In cartoons, they're a plot device. I'm talking about someone takes a drink of something cold, and suddenly they have hiccups.

That also happens on TV shows.

I'm sorry, does seeing hiccups on hundreds of TV shows not count if it's a plot device? By that logic, shouldn't we also be able to say "I never see anyone on TV go on a date," knowing good and well that it's been the main plot to countless episodes of countless TV shows?

That also happens on TV shows.

I'm sorry, does seeing hiccups on hundreds of TV shows not count if it's a plot device? By that logic, shouldn't we also be able to say "I never see anyone on TV go on a date," knowing good and well that it's been the main plot to countless episodes of countless TV shows?

Well, I've never seen it, other than a comedic plot device.

You know what? I never see two people talking and have a verbal misunderstanding. Sure that's the plot to every episode of Three's Company, but it doesn't count because it's a comedic plot device.

Yeah, ok, you got me on that one, lol, I guess that's why the Die Hard movies are deemed more realistic with the injuries than others. He gets a wee bandage or two at the end of the movie.
I was hoping you would have come in and gave an exampl of an action hero actually showing up at a hospital and skipping the queue at the waiting room, I would like to see that. In fact, i might use that myself when trying to write something up.

will smith in Hancock?

^Kick Ass.

I might add, driving around listening to the radio with a really long chain of obnoxious ads, but then a song finally comes on but its not one you like so then you turn the dial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"