• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thinking of Buying a 360

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
I'm currently a Wii owner, and I pretty happy with the games I've picked up for that system. However, its versions of the multi-platform games tend to suck, and I need to see me some of them there "next gen" graphics. And I'm just not interested in the PS3.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a 20GB Xbox360, but I don't know what games to buy. I know what you're thinking, but I'm not a fan of shooters. No, I don't want a really good shooter to convert me. No, I don't want to just practice until I get better. I just don't dig shooters. I suck at them, and they don't get any more fun for me, no matter how much I play. So other than shooters, what games can you recommend for a possible future 360 owner?

GTA 4, Burnout, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Condemned, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Devil May Cry, Dark Sector, etc. Just go to ign or gamespot and check out some top games.

My favorite games on the 360 thus far -

Dead Rising - A lot of fun, throwing teddy bears at Zombies, what could be better?
skate - A fresh take on the skating genre, loads of fun to play and the unique control scheme is worth a test drive
Assassin's Creed - It got mixed reviews, and can be a little repetitive, but damn it is a gorgeous and fun game, Great combat and the free-running across famous Holy Land cities is superb
GTAIV - Every game genre rolled up into one. Even if you didn't like the old GTA games, this one re-invents itself and is an amazingly tight and groundbreaking experience.

THIS IS THE LIST...excluding shooters

Elders Scroll: Oblivion
Gears of War....Hey its not a FPS at least!
GTA4
The Orange Box (More than just a shooter)
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Rock Band
Guitar Hero
Crackdown
Forza 2 (If you like driving)

If you cant afford them all, buy them one at a time on ebay 2nd hand, and then sell them for around the same price, then buy the next game.

I know what you're thinking, but I'm not a fan of shooters. No, I don't want a really good shooter to convert me. No, I don't want to just practice until I get better. I just don't dig shooters. I suck at them, and they don't get any more fun for me, no matter how much I play. So other than shooters, what games can you recommend for a possible future 360 owner?
Haha, I thought the same thing until I played COD4. Even if you dont buy it, at least rent it bc theres a good reason it got all that praise last year

I love my 360. it really got me back into video games.
I just picked up GTAIV. I'm not into it just yet, because I'm doing little pansy missions right now, but I know I will get more into it.

I know you're not into shooters and neither was I until I picked up Call of Duty 4. It's just a fun game to play on multiplayer.

Thought I'd use this instead of making a new thread. I'm thinking of gettng a 360. A cheap one. What is the purpose of the hard drive??

Thought I'd use this instead of making a new thread. I'm thinking of gettng a 360. A cheap one. What is the purpose of the hard drive??

To save things. Save files for disc games, download xbox live arcade games, movies, xbox originals.

It depends what you want to use the system for to decide how big of an HD to get. But I'd advise not getting an Arcade, no HD is a bad idea.

Seriously?!?

A hard drive stores data. Game saves, videos, arcade games, pictures, music, etc.. Those are all things you store on a hard drive. You don't technically need one, but it would be a big pain in the ass if you didn't have one.

The 20 GB 360 is currently $299 but only while supplies last. It will be replaced by the 60 GB 360 which will run for $349 starting in August.

Yea, with the announcement of FFXIII on 360, I'll be taking the plunge to the 360 also later in the year.

I also hate shooters, so I'll be checking out some of the other stuff it has to offer.

Eternal Sonata looked interesting...was it any good?

I just have to wait for a couple of months since my money is still going toward some games to be released on the Wii. :up:

Yea, with the announcement of FFXIII on 360, I'll be taking the plunge to the 360 also later in the year.

I also hate shooters, so I'll be checking out some of the other stuff it has to offer.

I just have to wait for a couple of months since my money is still going toward some games to be released on the Wii. :up:

What wii games? I have a wii and there's pretty much nothing on my wii-dar.

I only played the demo, and it was a gorgeous looking game with an interesting concept, but I think the general concensus was that later on the whole game kind of falls flat.

If you want a good JRPG look into Lost Odyssey. (Or since you said you're getting a 360 later on in the year you could just wait for Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.)

What wii games? I have a wii and there's pretty much nothing on my wii-dar.

Tastes may differ but my list includes:

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (First real Wario Land game in years)
Samba De Amigo (Huge fan of the game from the Dreamcast era)
Mushroom Men (Unique looking action platformer)
De Blob (Katamari inspired adventure)
Deadly Creatures (Also and interesting looking actioner involving spiders)

That's all I can think of right now. But I'm honestly looking forward to each and every one.

That's not including late in the year or early next year:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
The Conduit
Mad World

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz