The Official Xbox 360 "First Person Shooters" Discussion Thread

Advanced Dark said:
Halo 1 was good. Halo 2 sucked. What a joke that game was. Really pissed me off how it abrubtly ended like that and it was the same old repetitive gameplay, lame weapons, and same old vehicles for the most part. Blah. Bring on Turok..and fast.

Halo 2 was awesome.

Halo's appeal is that the majority of the people have a blast playing it, the majority of the people like that it looks great, the majority of the people like that it has an awesome soundtrack, and the majority of the people enjoy it's interesting, well crafted story that manages to get away from the cliche of "hey, those guys are evil aliens and hate humans, kill them".

I just got a 360 and got Perfect Dark Zero, and im enjoying it i would really want a sequel anbd something more to bridge the gap between it adn Perfect Dark ormaybe even a direct sequel to perfect dark....

That would be cool :up:

boywonder13 said:
I just got a 360 and got Perfect Dark Zero, and im enjoying it i would really want a sequel anbd something more to bridge the gap between it adn Perfect Dark ormaybe even a direct sequel to perfect dark....

That would be cool :up:
I can't tell you how happy I am that you enjoy Perfect Dark Zero. I loved the game, too many people put it down.

Manny Calavera said:
I can't tell you how happy I am that you enjoy Perfect Dark Zero. I loved the game, too many people put it down.

:up::)yah I know, those people just couldnt except something new......:(:down

Currently I got COD2 (love it), GRAW (love it most of the time), and Condemned (scared sh**less and loving it!).

I'm looking forward to COD3, Halo 3, Hells Highway, Bad Company, and I know it's not an FPS but I'm still clamoring like hell to get my hands of Gears of War!! When will that game come out? DAMNIT!!

HUMAN said:
Currently I got COD2 (love it), GRAW (love it most of the time), and Condemned (scared sh**less and loving it!).

I'm looking forward to COD3, Halo 3, Hells Highway, Bad Company, and I know it's not an FPS but I'm still clamoring like hell to get my hands of Gears of War!! When will that game come out? DAMNIT!!

NOVEMBER 12TH :cool:

I read somewhere it comes out on November 7th, dates my have changed ill look into it....

hey yo its sean said:
I never understood Halo's appeal. There's nothing all that special about it.

It's eye candy. That's about it. I'll take Doom3 or Snowblind, or even Wolfenstein over it any day.

You have to admit advanced Dark, that it does have a pretty intriguing story,and the multplayer is fun.....:up:

Manny Calavera said:
Halo's appeal is that the majority of the people have a blast playing it, the majority of the people like that it looks great, the majority of the people like that it has an awesome soundtrack, and the majority of the people enjoy it's interesting, well crafted story that manages to get away from the cliche of "hey, those guys are evil aliens and hate humans, kill them".

So basically.. It's good because everyone likes it, and everyone likes it because it's good? That's really all I hear whenever I ask.

I'm really just trying to understand, because frankly - I just don't get it.

Maybe it has a good story*, and maybe it has a good musical score** - but other than, it's no more than your standard FPS.

* I can't really judge, seeing as how I don't know the story.
** The soundtrack's not much to write home about, IMO.

hey yo its sean said:
So basically.. It's good because everyone likes it, and everyone likes it because it's good? That's really all I hear whenever I ask.

I'm really just trying to understand, because frankly - I just don't get it.

Maybe it has a good story*, and maybe it has a good musical score** - but other than, it's no more than your standard FPS.

* I can't really judge, seeing as how I don't know the story.
** The soundtrack's not much to write home about, IMO.
You asked, essentially, why everyone liked it, and I listed several qualities that the games have that make them like it. I really don't know what else you want, scientific lab results that prove a matter of personal taste? I've given you the only answer you're ever going to get. And yes, it's more than your standard first person shooter. If by "standard first person shooter" you mean "you shoot things from the first person perspective", then yeah, sure, it meets the requirements for inclusion in the genre. Other than that, there's nothing "standard" about it. If you really can't see what people like about Halo, then I don't think you'll be playing games for much longer, because as far as overall game quality goes, it's only downhill from there.

hey yo its sean said:
Is there an easier-to-understand reason why people like the game?

boywonder13 said:
I read somewhere it comes out on November 7th, dates my have changed ill look into it....

IT SUPPOSEDLY SHIPS ON THE 7TH, AND IT GOES ON SALE ON THE 12TH. SOME RETAILERS MAY "CHEAT", AND LET THEIR PRE-ORDERED COPIES LEAVE A BIT EARLIER, HENCE THE REASON YOU'LL FIND THE 7TH LISTED AS WHEN IT'S "AVAILABLE".

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, ON THE 'EPIC' BOARDS.

XBOX.COM . THEY DON'T LIST THE 12TH AT ALL, WHICH HAS BEEN HOTLY DEBATED IN THE 'EPIC' FORUMS, BUT 'MS' HAS YET TO HAVE IT CHANGED.

Yeah, Halo sucks because of its generic story (I liked it much more the first time I saw it....when it was called Starship Troopers), and its stupid alien weapons.

Halo 1 is kinda good, but Halo 2 (other than the earth Levels) blows like....too damn much.

The starship troopers comparison is very flimsy. They both take place in space...well, not really, but you see space once or twice throughout the course of both...and I guess they feature aliens, sort of? That's the only thing they have in common. I mean, I know people like to compare the two in the interest of being idiots and all, but really, there's not a whole lot of common ground between them, even in concept, let alone in story.

Manny Calavera said:
The starship troopers comparison is very flimsy. They both take place in space...well, not really, but you see space once or twice throughout the course of both...and I guess they feature aliens, sort of? That's the only thing they have in common. I mean, I know people like to compare the two in the interest of being idiots and all, but really, there's not a whole lot of common ground between them, even in concept, let alone in story.

You agree with me with the rest of my complaints though, don't deny it :(

But they do :(
I'm sorry, it's kinda fun-fun to do this :(

But if Halo 3 is super mega hyper amazing, I'll buy it.

Gammy79 said:
But they do :(
I'm sorry, it's kinda fun-fun to do this :(

But if Halo 3 is super mega hyper amazing, I'll buy it.
What if it just gets > 9.0?

Manny's right, why the **** does everyone bash Halo theese day's? It's like a freaking trend. The soundtrack is awesome, the Mp is a blast, the controls are perfect, the story is good. It's just kickass in all aspects. COD2 is very intense and fun online, but it doesn't have a soundtrack that'll make your hairs stand up, plus a great story, or Co-op. Half-Life 2 has a brilliant SP, but no MP..

Call of Duty is so overrated.

Crappy Graphics
Linear as Hell
Jarring scripting
Been there, done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"