The Official Xbox 360 "First Person Shooters" Discussion Thread

XwolverineX said:
Manny's right, why the **** does everyone bash Halo theese day's? It's like a freaking trend. ..

Hmmm that must mean something then don't ya think. You answered your own question. It's hollow eye candy. The first one was ok but honestly the weapons and levels in Turok Evoloution were better, however the back ground graphics were awesome...the character animations blew chunks. Again Deus Ex, Project Snowblind, Wolfenstein, Doom 3, Red Faction were all much more fun IMO. Halo was pretty to look at though. Halo 2 was freaking total BS waste of my time. It was a joke IMO. I finished it so fast and it ended just when I was waiting for the big finale. It was like WTF?

I've been bashing Halo ever since I first played it, which was...a very long time ago :confused:
No Trendy McTrendelson here, move along!

THWIP* said:
IT SUPPOSEDLY SHIPS ON THE 7TH, AND IT GOES ON SALE ON THE 12TH. SOME RETAILERS MAY "CHEAT", AND LET THEIR PRE-ORDERED COPIES LEAVE A BIT EARLIER, HENCE THE REASON YOU'LL FIND THE 7TH LISTED AS WHEN IT'S "AVAILABLE".

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, ON THE 'EPIC' BOARDS.

XBOX.COM . THEY DON'T LIST THE 12TH AT ALL, WHICH HAS BEEN HOTLY DEBATED IN THE 'EPIC' FORUMS, BUT 'MS' HAS YET TO HAVE IT CHANGED.

150Kip.jpg

Yessssssss!

Advanced Dark said:
Hmmm that must mean something then don't ya think. You answered your own question. It's hollow eye candy. The first one was ok but honestly the weapons and levels in Turok Evoloution were better, however the back ground graphics were awesome...the character animations blew chunks. Again Deus Ex, Project Snowblind, Wolfenstein, Doom 3, Red Faction were all much more fun IMO. Halo was pretty to look at though. Halo 2 was freaking total BS waste of my time. It was a joke IMO. I finished it so fast and it ended just when I was waiting for the big finale. It was like WTF?
Deus Ex wasn't even in the same genre, so that's sort of an invalid comparison. And the fact that you would prefer things like Snowblind, Doom 3, or Red Faction tells me you aren't quite the target audience for Halo in the first place. Try Serious Sam.

Yeah I didn't really think Halo or Halo 2 was the end all, be all game either. I don't hate them, but they're .....just not really fun. It just didn't really seem much different or unique as everyone was praising it to be, either of them. As for the release date on Gears of War, I think its just EB games and Gamestop that will be releasing it on the 7th.

People who hate Halo are just like those idiots who hate Michael Schumacher or Ronnie Coleman.

People are idiots for disliking video games? Damn dude, you need a reality check.

WhatsHisFace said:
People who hate Halo are just like those idiots who hate Michael Schumacher or Ronnie Coleman.

I HATE MICHAEL SCHUMACHER AND RONNIE COLEMAN, AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE F*** THEY ARE; THEY JUST HAVE REALLY S***TY NAMES. :confused: :o

Manny Calavera said:
Deus Ex wasn't even in the same genre, so that's sort of an invalid comparison. And the fact that you would prefer things like Snowblind, Doom 3, or Red Faction tells me you aren't quite the target audience for Halo in the first place. Try Serious Sam.

Halo is more like Serious Sam than the games I mentioned. Repetitive nonsense. We're talking FPS games here and Deus Ex for the X-Box while an RPG is still a Fps however their snowblind game made it more traditional and fast paced.

WhatsHisFace said:

The only idiots are people that get angry and start slinging mud because everyone doesn't like the same games they do.

I don't hate Halo...

I just don't see what all the fuss about it is. It's very overrated imo

Gammy79 said:
Who the hell are those guys? :(

What, don't any of you ever watch or read sports news? Those two are the top atheletes in their fields. Michael Schumacher is to F1 and Ronnie Coleman is to professional bodybuilding today the same way in what Muhammad Ali is to boxing, Michael Jordan is to Basketball and Pele to Soccer.

He was most probably talking about "hating the king" syndrome that's common among many people i.e, anything or anyone extremely popular or of superlative quality in it's field and suddenly it becomes trendy and cool to hate and bash it.

I'm sorry, I'm not too big on sports :(

Hating is never cool, except when you hate Nazism and similar stuff, that's super cool.
I mean, I'm arachnophobic but I don't hate spiders.

Advanced Dark said:
Halo is more like Serious Sam than the games I mentioned. Repetitive nonsense. We're talking FPS games here and Deus Ex for the X-Box while an RPG is still a Fps however their snowblind game made it more traditional and fast paced.
Invisible War? Yeah, that wasn't in the same genre either. The line "while an RPG is still a FPS" really speaks volumes about the kind of intelligence I'm dealing with here. "You're wrong" is probably the only thing you're going to grasp at this point. Deus Ex and it's less deep and less impressive in every way sequel are not in the same genre as Halo. Sorry, but it's true. And saying Halo is closer to Sam than Doom....wow. Again, see the RPGs and FPSs are the same thing line.

i just got my 360 today, whats the best game for Live?... is it still Halo 2? (i like those type of games)

Perfect Dark Zero is good online, as is DOA4 even though I haven't played it in forever.

Manny Calavera said:
Perfect Dark Zero is good online, as is DOA4 even though I haven't played it in forever.
thanks... is GRAW any good on Live?

Sava said:
i just got my 360 today, whats the best game for Live?... is it still Halo 2? (i like those type of games)
Get COD2! is the best selling game on the 360 and the most played game on Live!!! But dont play with me, unless you like losing!:cool:

NOFX said:
Get COD2! is the best selling game on the 360 and the most played game on Live!!! But dont play with me, unless you like losing!:cool:
lol..thanks, l'll make sure to get that and GRAW :up:

Fenrir said:
What, don't any of you ever watch or read sports news? Those two are the top atheletes in their fields. Michael Schumacher is to F1 and Ronnie Coleman is to professional bodybuilding today the same way in what Muhammad Ali is to boxing, Michael Jordan is to Basketball and Pele to Soccer.

The only difference between them, of course, is that boxing, basketball and soccer are actual sports. Who gives a **** about Michael Schumacher and a juicing roid raging *******? Don't even compare them to the best boxer of all time, best basketball player of all time, and one of, if not the best soccer player of all time. Its an insult to them to be compared with Michael Schumacher and Coleman.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but pro body building and racing are sports.

Driving cars and lifting weights and taking steriods and comparing your muscles to others aren't sports. I don't care what anyone says.

Jerry said:
Driving cars and lifting weights and taking steriods and comparing your muscles to others aren't sports. I don't care what anyone says.

Define: Sport...

# an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
# the occupation of athletes who compete for pay

You Fail :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95