The Official Xbox 360 "First Person Shooters" Discussion Thread

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Im sure im not the only person who is in love with First Person shooters and the Xbox 360, the main reason I got the 360 was because of fpss. Well heres a thread where we can discuss all of the ones on the Xbox 360 past, present, and future...

Heres a gamespot list of all the upcoming shooters on the 360: http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=First-Person%20Shooters&platform=1029&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=desc

The Ones I am looking forward to our:

Halo 3 (of course)
Call of Duty 3
Front Lines: Fuel of War
Brothers in Arms Hellshiway

so what do u think about the shooters that have already been released like Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, PDZ. Share your comments on the past present and future of first person shotoers on the Xbox 360

discuss....

boywonder13 said:
Im sure im not the only person who is in love with First Person shooters and the Xbox 360, the main reason I got the 360 was because of fpss. Well heres a thread where we can discuss all of the ones on the Xbox 360 past, present, and future...

Heres a gamespot list of all the upcoming shooters on the 360: http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=First-Person%20Shooters&platform=1029&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=desc

The Ones I am looking forward to our:

Halo 3 (of course)
Call of Duty 3
Front Lines: Fuel of War
Brothers in Arms Hellshiway

so what do u think about the shooters that have already been released like Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, PDZ. Share your comments on the past present and future of first person shotoers on the Xbox 360

discuss....

'COD2' IS THE BEST FPS TO DATE.....ON ANY PLATFORM. :up:

AND THIS THREAD IS DOOMED. :(

Jean Reno rules full stop

I watched Leon yesterday...

Halo 3
COD3

The one's I'm looking forward to. And Thwip, when I first got here didn't you and a bunch of others argue that PDZ what better then COD2?

XwolverineX said:
Halo 3
COD3

The one's I'm looking forward to. And Thwip, when I first got here didn't you and a bunch of others argue that PDZ what better then COD2?

THAT'S BECAUSE THE ONLINE PLAY FOR 'COD2' SUCKED MAJOR, POO-ENCRUSTED SPHINCTER AT THE TIME. :o

Please nobody turn this into a flame thread....

anywyas Im getting sick of Wolrd War II games, wat about World War I or Vietnam, or the Gulf War.

Is there even a Gulf War first person shooter...??

boywonder13 said:
Please nobody turn this into a flame thread....

anywyas Im getting sick of Wolrd War II games, wat about World War I or Vietnam, or the Gulf War.

Is there even a Gulf War first person shooter...??

A WWI FPS WOULDN'T WORK, SIMPLY BECAUSE IT WOULD BE TOO SLOW PACED, BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED WEAPONRY OF THE TIME........WHICH IS WHY YOU ONLY SEE WWI GAMES IN THE FORM OF CHESS /STRATEGY GAME, OR AN RTS.

'BLACKHAWK DOWN' WAS BASED ON THE WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST........AND SUCKED HAIRY DONKEY BALLS.

BUT, TO SAY YOU'RE "SICK OF WWII GAMES" TELLS ME YOU'VE PLAYED ENOUGH BAD ONES TO SOUR YOU ON THEM........WHICH IS COMMON. 'COD2' IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR FOR THE GENRE, AND I THINK 'BIA:HH' WILL IMPROVE ON THAT.

Youre right about WOrld War I....... but imagine fighting in the streets of Kuwait or in Iraq, or shot down in the jungles of Vietnam where you are captured than have to espcae and complete your objective....

there is so much fertile soil in those campagins...but oh well...

Gammy79 said:
I still need that DVD :(
Picture251.jpg

:D

boywonder13 said:
Youre right about WOrld War I....... but imagine fighting in the streets of Kuwait or in Iraq, or shot down in the jungles of Vietnam where you are captured than have to espcae and complete your objective....

there is so much fertile soil in those campagins...but oh well...

YOU CAN THANK THE HACKS AT 'GUERILLA GAMES' (KILLZONE) FOR RUINING THE 'VIETNAM' GENRE FOR EVERYONE ELSE WITH THE LOAD OF HORSE S**T THEY PUT OUT. :o

They should make an FPS about the current war in Iraq. But the twist would be that at the beginning of the game you choose one of two buttons "Willing" or "Able". If you pick able, the end of the game is a happy return to the family you didn't want to leave for a corrupt war. If you pick "Willing" you die no matter what.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 on XBL will kick ass... Probably be the first thing to stop me playing CoD2.

THWIP* said:
'BLACKHAWK DOWN' WAS BASED ON THE WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST........AND SUCKED HAIRY DONKEY BALLS.

Ironic really considering the movie of the same name was so damn kickass, it's probably one of the most beautifully shot, most intense war movies ever made. :up:

THWIP* said:
A WWI FPS WOULDN'T WORK, SIMPLY BECAUSE IT WOULD BE TOO SLOW PACED, BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED WEAPONRY OF THE TIME........WHICH IS WHY YOU ONLY SEE WWI GAMES IN THE FORM OF CHESS /STRATEGY GAME, OR AN RTS.

Depends on what campaign you picked to do. Something based on the Battle of Gallipoli would be awesome. Other ones probably not so much.

The ANZAC tradition began in World War I with a landing on 25 April, 1915 near Gallipoli on the Turkish Aegean coast. Because of a navigational error, the ANZACs came ashore about a mile north of the intended landing point. Instead of facing the expected beach and gentle slope they found themselves at the bottom of steep cliffs, offering the few Turkish defenders an ideal defensive position. Establishing a foothold, the Anzacs found an advance to be impossible. After eight months of stalemate the Allies withdrew, leaving 10,000 dead amongst the ANZACs and over 33,000 British dead.

Although the ANZACs were a minority of the half-million Allied men who served at Gallipoli, the troops from the two young nations were often at the vanguard and became renowned for their doggedness despite what the British regarded as a lack of discipline. A full 10% of the New Zealand population (then just under 1 million) served overseas during World War I.

15 posts and nobody mentions Bioshock or Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas?!

You all suck! :mad:

Bite me, I made a thread with new BIOSHOCK pictures in it not 15 minutes ago :mad: :(

Fenrir said:
Ironic really considering the movie of the same name was so damn kickass, it's probably one of the most beautifully shot, most intense war movies ever made. :up:

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE A PC DEVELOPER, WHO'S KNOWN FOR CRANKING OUT THE SAME S**T OVER AND OVER, AND ALLOW THEM TO TACK THE NAME OF A 5 Y.O. HISTORICAL BLOCKBUSTER ONTO THEIR MEDIOCRE PRODUCT. :o

Mentok said:
Bite me, I made a thread with new BIOSHOCK pictures in it not 15 minutes ago :mad: :(

Yeah well post them here too! :mad:

I wish Serious Sam 2 did better so Croteam would make another one. :(

Halo 1 was good. Halo 2 sucked. What a joke that game was. Really pissed me off how it abrubtly ended like that and it was the same old repetitive gameplay, lame weapons, and same old vehicles for the most part. Blah. Bring on Turok..and fast.

Anyone see the Game Informer preview of Battlefield: Bad Company? Looks friggin sweet as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"