Thirst Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

triplet said:
I think they cut something from the scene... Maybe that will be in there, which college they're talking about.

Maybe it could explain the vampirism on Met U's campus, it's connected to some unethical experimentation Lex is doing....

And that scene put me in mind of a terrific line from a fanfic I read the other day. Clark was saying this to Lex, post-rift:

You put the "ee" in Evil.

LOL!

I think that could be better said about Fine in Smallville.

I just watched it again, you might be right about some things being cut.

I love Fine's comments about not everyone having a deep dark secret. Brilliant! He's going to be playing Lex like the future Superman will, sort of.

Did you also notice him knocking two balls at a time in while he was playing pool. "Its all about the angles". He's a double hitter.

triplet said:
Maybe it could explain the vampirism on Met U's campus, it's connected to some unethical experimentation Lex is doing....
Didn't one of the spoilers say it's not *real* vampirism..but some green-K related syndrome? It's not a far stretch to imagine Luthorcorp having a hand in starting it (don't all their "experiments" go awry?;)). If they started it, then maybe they also have the cure.

Is it Luthorcorp that Lex is running now, or Lexcorp? And what happened to the other one? I know when Lionel went to prison, Lex must have gotten control of Luthorcorp, but then what happened to Lexcorp?

Lexcorp went away when Lionel bought it out from under Lex and absorbed it back into Luthorcorp

Serene said:
Didn't one of the spoilers say it's not *real* vampirism..but some green-K related syndrome? It's not a far stretch to imagine Luthorcorp having a hand in starting it (don't all their "experiments" go awry?;)). If they started it, then maybe they also have the cure.

Well Clark gets infected (nice TC) because of the Green K. So I'm assuming that they are krypto vampires.

Is it Luthorcorp that Lex is running now, or Lexcorp? And what happened to the other one? I know when Lionel went to prison, Lex must have gotten control of Luthorcorp, but then what happened to Lexcorp?

Didnt Lionel sweep Lexcorp back out from under Lex in early Season 2 and consumed it back into Luthorcorp. I recall something like that going on.

avidreader said:
Well Clark gets infected (nice TC) because of the Green K. So I'm assuming that they are krypto vampires.

They aren't real vampires, in the spoilers it was some kind of virus so it could very well be a Luthorcorp experiment gone awry, like they always do....

And I'm looking forward to seeing the TC, you know it. :D

avidreader said:
Didnt Lionel sweep Lexcorp back out from under Lex in early Season 2 and consumed it back into Luthorcorp. I recall something like that going on.

Yeah, but I wonder when the name will get changed to Lexcorp.... they should do it soon, I'm thinking since Lionel is no longer head of the company and Lex is turning into more of his future comic book self.

triplet said:
Yeah, but I wonder when the name will get changed to Lexcorp.... they should do it soon, I'm thinking since Lionel is no longer head of the company and Lex is turning into more of his future comic book self.

Maybe when daddy dearest dies.

I've watched that AOL clip twice now, and I cant stop laughing.

avidreader said:
I've watched that AOL clip twice now, and I cant stop laughing.

I think I'm going to be cringing during the vampire parts.....

:eek:

triplet said:
I think I'm going to be cringing during the vampire parts.....

:eek:

Just laugh you'll get more out of it. ;)

Kristen does evil Lana so well.

I don't know about that... she was a bit uneven with Isobel...

I am looking forward to the Fine parts, however.

:up:

triplet said:
I don't know about that... she was a bit uneven with Isobel...

I am looking forward to the Fine parts, however.

:up:

I liked her as Isobel, she's able to put alot of the devil in her eyes.

avidreader said:
Just laugh you'll get more out of it. ;)

Kristen does evil Lana so well.

So I guess we know where the lesbian vamp rumors came from. LOL... at least Lana's girl on girl kiss was only seen in shadows this time.

Isn't Lana only joining a sorority because she needs a place to live? Did I read that in a spoiler?

Serene said:
So I guess we know where the lesbian vamp rumors came from. LOL... at least Lana's girl on girl kiss was only seen in shadows this time.

Isn't Lana only joining a sorority because she needs a place to live? Did I read that in a spoiler?

Yeah, that's what the official description says too....

Ugh...............

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/775/775567/vids_1.html

It's Spirit, all over again. If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn the blonde was the same character too.

I'm sorry gang, but this really sux. I mean, re-HEEEEEELY SUX! I know not every episode can be as good as Hidden, but if there has to be a "worst" episode of the season, it sure looks like this is gonna be the one for me. I haven't even seen it yet and I think I'd rather watch a repeat of Lucy. :( :( :(

AgentPat said:
Ugh...............

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/775/775567/vids_1.html

It's Spirit, all over again. If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn the blonde was the same character too.

I thought of Spirit and Dawn Stiles too.. but this actress seems a little more capable, from what I can see in such a short clip at least.

We'll see... It's SV night and I'm happy. :)

Tonight.....Lana: The Vampire Slayer!

...no...

Vamperlana

...no...

Oh, I got it! Bram Stoker's Draculana.

Just kidding...I can't wait for tonight.(I love Thursdays!:up: )

I thought the same thing too. I guess the writers like the blonde guest stars to sound like they are a little loopy.

I hear ya Pat. Add me to the list of people a little worried about this episode. I love all things Smallville, but those darn trailers and the spoilers make this look cringe worthy.

Serene said:
I thought of Spirit and Dawn Stiles too.. but this actress seems a little more capable, from what I can see in such a short clip at least.

We'll see... It's SV night and I'm happy. :)

Me too! Vampires and lesbians oh my!

icon10.gif

The Incredible Hulk said:
that's a bit much to assume from a minute long clip, no?
Perhaps. But I saw enough to know the characterizations, and I'm shaking in my boots. I LOVED the exchange between Lex and Fine, but that scene with Lana just pushed me WAY over the edge. All I could think was Dawn Stiles, and you guys know how much I LOOOOOAAAAATHEED that character with a PASSION!!!

Hulk, it's like nails on a blackboard. No wait! It's worse than that. It's like having your teeth engraved with an ice pick. I'd rather pluck my eyes out with a fork.

If they HAD to do a vampire episode, I would have preferred the characters be presented in a more serious light. NO CAMP!!!!!!!!!!! That was the deal breaker with Buffy and why I never watched that show. I expect more from SV, especially with the quality of the episodes so far this season.

Am I looking forward to everything else in the episode? You bet!!!! Chloe at the Planet, Lex and Fine, Clark in a costume!!! :D :up: But this vampire side story is gonna drag the entire ep down for me, I think. :(

AgentPat said:
Perhaps. But I saw enough to know the characterizations, and I'm shaking in my boots. I LOVED the exchange between Lex and Fine, but that scene with Lana just pushed me WAY over the edge. All I could think was Dawn Stiles, and you guys know how much I LOOOOOAAAAATHEED that character with a PASSION!!!

Hulk, it's like nails on a blackboard. No wait! It's worse than that. It's like having your teeth engraved with an ice pick. I'd rather pluck my eyes out with a fork.

If they HAD to do a vampire episode, I would have preferred the characters be presented in a more serious light. NO CAMP!!!!!!!!!!! That was the deal breaker with Buffy and why I never watched that show. I expect more from SV, especially with the quality of the episodes so far this season.

Am I looking forward to everything else in the episode? You bet!!!! Chloe at the Planet, Lex and Fine, Clark in a costume!!! :D :up: But this vampire side story is gonna drag the entire ep down for me, I think. :(

Considering all that they are cramming in this episode, don't you think the vampire thing is going to be somewhat minuscule? I think the good will outweigh the bad.

Just keep thinking "Clark in a cape". Maybe that will help:)

KikiDee said:
Considering all that they are cramming in this episode, don't you think the vampire thing is going to be somewhat minuscule?
Gosh, I hope so. Nothing would please me more if most of that footage ended up on the cutting room floor.

Just keep thinking "Clark in a cape". Maybe that will help:)
Heh! Forget about Thirst. Those are the thoughts that get me through the day! LOL

AgentPat said:

Everything you just said Pat, is 100% the way I feel, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"