Arrival- Discussion Thread (spoilers)

avidreader said:
They are disciples of Zod and were waiting for the stones to be activated to come to earth and do their stuff. This is a plot set-up for the upcoming season or seasons. I'm sure when Triplet gets in here she can explain how this sort of writing tool works better than I can.

LOL!

I'm not sure I can... I think you're right, however: It's a setup for later.. Why else mention that they are disciples of Zod?

They'll likely be back, so I think it was a setup.

There are a lot of hints in this episode at what might be happening later.

Like one thing I mentioned in my review (which Craig hasn't put up yet - you guys can read it later, ;) ) was that I loved how they visually set up that Brainiac and the FOS/Jor-El will be opposiing forces for good and evil in Clark's life.

I mean, the episode starts out with these white crystals forming the FOS and it ends with black crystals forming brainiac. They're like bookends with Clark caught in the middle, he will have to deal with their conflicting agendas for him the whole season.

I thought that visual set up was brilliant.

:up:

triplet said:
LOL!

I'm not sure I can... I think you're right, however: It's a setup for later.. Why else mention that they are disciples of Zod?

They'll likely be back, so I think it was a setup.

There are a lot of hints in this episode at what might be happening later.

Like one thing I mentioned in my review (which Craig hasn't put up yet - you guys can read it later, ;) ) was that I loved how they visually set up that Brainiac and the FOS/Jor-El will be opposiing forces for good and evil in Clark's life.

I mean, the episode starts out with these white crystals forming the FOS and it ends with black crystals forming brainiac. They're like bookends with Clark caught in the middle, he will have to deal with their conflicting agendas for him the whole season.

I thought that visual set up was brilliant.

:up:

Did you also notice that when the black ooze was forming that it depicted a minature version of the FOS. Or is that what you are saying above?

avidreader said:
I think Kryptonsite was specifically referring to the Fortress forming.

Oh... I didn't think the FOS forming was from the original... It was so much better than the sequence in S:TM, so I thought they were referring to the sequence inside the FOS during Clark's "training."

avidreader said:
Triplet where's your review, I've been hanging out to read it.

I gave it to him yesterday but Craig's been busy, he apologized and said he'll put it up later.... but he didn't say when. :confused:

*shrug*

I can email it to you if you can't wait, I still got your mail around here somewhere... Venom and Serene have both read it and liked it.

avidreader said:
Did you also notice that when the black ooze was forming that it depicted a minature version of the FOS. Or is that what you are saying above?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.... brilliant.

I loved it.

triplet said:
Oh... I didn't think the FOS forming was from the original... It was so much better than the sequence in S:TM, so I thought they were referring to the sequence inside the FOS during Clark's "training."

Yeh, well you know what some of those posters are like over at Ksite. :confused:

Triplet said:
I gave it to him yesterday but Craig's been busy, he apologized and said he'll put it up later.... but he didn't say when. :confused:

*shrug*

I can email it to you if you can't wait, I still got your mail around here somewhere... Venom and Serene have both read it and liked it.

Ooh, yes please.:D

triplet said:
Uhm, actually they didn't according to Kryptonsite. The footage was all new.

Kryptonsite, how I miss that site! :(
Anyway who are (THEY)?

The They I think Craig was referring to was the special F/X people...

Why do you miss Kryptonsite? Craig is still running it...

Billy Batson said:
why are the writers of smallville ridding Chris Carter writer/creator of X-files (RICHARD)?
The Kryptonian's space ship and Brainiac as the BLACK OIL Symbiote, are ripoffs from the X-Files!

They had a Kryptonian spaceship and Brainiac on the X-Files? :confused:

^^----- Too funny...

Before X-Files they also had a black oil thing that tried to eat Ensign Yar on ST:TNG....

And then there was the Blob in the 50's that tried to eat Steve McQueen...

Amorphous beings are hardly a new idea in sci-fi and horror.

triplet said:
The They I think Craig was referring to was the special F/X people...

Why do you miss Kryptonsite? Craig is still running it...

I think he's talking about the images that were appearing around Clark in the FOS not the formation of the FOS scenes. Those images around Clark were from S:TM. The shoits of the FOS forming were all new...

NHawk19 said:
Question- you state regular bullets still couldnt harm him but
Lex Punches him and he bleeds in a future epp
and thats much less than a bullet. That's why I dont buy it.

No. What I sadi was that without his solar charge, he still can't be hurt by regular bullets. So his body chemistry would have to be altered slightly to get rid of his invulnrability completely.

Or you could say its a rip off of spiderman's venom suit, black liquid hitching a ride on a spacecraft. Better, you could say nothing is original anymore, but it was still cool. Be happy, you get to see a comic book tv show once a week.

darkzombiemutt said:
Or you could say its a rip off of spiderman's venom suit

And as many times as Spider-Man has ripped off Superman...

smallville.s05e01.hdtv.1080i.dd51.xvid-int.avi

HDTV 1080i!

1920x1072 23.98fps 16257Kbps

Size4.55 GB (4,882,919,424 bytes) FOR ONE EPISODE :up:

The Incredible Hulk said:
in the end we've all ripped off Beowulf...:D
Someone's taken too many lit classes. :D

Pickle-El said:
^

You're just seeing things Sage. :o

Red-headed girlfriend....

Red and blue costume....

Nerdy identity...

Supervillain who wears a green and purple costume...

Works at newspaper....

Raised by elderly couple...

Adopted father passes away...

Boss is a newspaper editor...

Superman or Spider-Man?

The Sage said:

Red and blue costume....

Nerdy identity...

Works at newspaper....

Superman or Spider-Man?
You talking comics or live action?

And none of the above really applies (so far) in SV. :D
(Well, I'll concede the blue and red for Clark and purple for Lex)

The Sage said:

Red and blue costume....

Nerdy identity...

Works at newspaper....

Superman or Spider-Man?

HEARSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*back on topic*

I like the fact that Jor-EL in "Arrival" in the FOS sounded more like Jor-EL (I know from The Superman mythology) also like that Clark was ready to learn more about both his origin , his powers , and how to save planet earth.

The whole talk between Jor-EL & Kal-EL was great. it reminded me a little bit of SUPERMAN : The movie.

Jor-EL : Kal-EL you have traveled far , One Journey has ended , A new journey is about to begin .

Jor-EL : Welcome Home, My Son .

--------------------

Clark / Kal-EL : I thought Krypton was Destroyed ?

Jor-EL : It was, But here in your Fortress of Solitude , the Geography of our planet has been Replicated For your Training .

Clark/Kal-EL : I know their's alot I can learn from you . But I have to get home that's where I'm needed .

Jor-EL : The Meteor Shower is only the Pre curse, a dark force from Krypton has been awaken Kal-EL, and it's sights are set on earth .

Clark/Kal-EL : What do you want me to do ?

Jor-EL : You must do as I tell you, Study with diligence For that is the only way to save this planet .
------------------

AgentPat said:
You talking comics or live action?

And none of the above really applies (so far) in SV. :D
(Well, I'll concede the blue and red for Clark and purple for Lex)

Comics and TV shows in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"