Arrival- Discussion Thread (spoilers)

triplet said:
Did I mispell Luthor?

:eek:

Hey... no one's perfect. ;) :D

LOL!

Too funny...

I only said that because they had a huge thread once that was titled "Its spelled Luthor not Luther". They really get their knickers in a knot over there about the strangest things. I think they need Dr. Phil over there to settle things down once in a while. :D

avidreader said:
I only said that because they had a huge thread once that was titled "Its spelled Luthor not Luther". They really get their knickers in a knot over there about the strangest things. I think they need Dr. Phil over there to settle things down once in a while. :D

The funny thing about that is I do know how to spell it, but for some reason don't spell it correctly from time to time.

I think I did that a time or two last season as well...

well they do tend to mispronounce it on the show, they tend to say Lex Loother instead of Lex Loothor

My 15 year old boy always go around the house mimicking Ned Beatty from the movies, "Mr. Luthor, Mr. Luthor". It cracks me up every time.

Triplet said:
The funny thing about that is I do know how to spell it, but for some reason don't spell it correctly from time to time.

I think I did that a time or two last season as well...

I'm sure you do, you know I was only teasing right. :D

The building of the fortress of solitude was a big disappointment to me. That was like watching ICE AGE part 2. Terrible CG. And the producers of the series said that it was going to be better than Superman the movie. :rolleyes:

But the episode was awesome! Still don`t like the idea of Clark having sex with Lana.

awesome when chloe held her orange juice as clark ran off and then smiled...

ETHERSPIN said:
awesome when chloe held her orange juice as clark ran off and then smiled...

i have a theory about this..

I took the cup moving behind Clark, as a sign of him becoming more "super." From spoilers, we read that he learns new skills from Jor-El. When he is in that wind tunnel for those few minutes while Chloe was freezing to death, do you think that clarks abilities were strengthened? I mean, he's superspeeded out of rooms before, and NOTHING has moved because of it. But all of a sudden, in the premiere of season 5 after his meeting with Jor-El in the FoS... the cup moves!!! Did anyone else think this?

boyscouT said:

I took the cup moving behind Clark, as a sign of him becoming more "super." From spoilers, we read that he learns new skills from Jor-El. When he is in that wind tunnel for those few minutes while Chloe was freezing to death, do you think that clarks abilities were strengthened? I mean, he's superspeeded out of rooms before, and NOTHING has moved because of it. But all of a sudden, in the premiere of season 5 after his meeting with Jor-El in the FoS... the cup moves!!! Did anyone else think this?

No. It was just a nod to just about any generic scene in a superhero film/show. Pretty normal.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
No. It was just a nod to just about any generic scene in a superhero film/show. Pretty normal.

is that ur opinion or a fact? i mean did al & gough say so in an interview?

i guess im overanalyzin things. lets move on

boyscouT said:
is that ur opinion or a fact? i mean did al & gough say so in an interview?

i guess im overanalyzin things. lets move on

I'm saying he's always moved fast enough to move a cup ;)

SpiderDaniel said:
The building of the fortress of solitude was a big disappointment to me. That was like watching ICE AGE part 2. Terrible CG. And the producers of the series said that it was going to be better than Superman the movie. :rolleyes:

But the episode was awesome! Still don`t like the idea of Clark having sex with Lana.

I actually thought it was done very well, I thought it was better than the movie. That whole scene in the beginning was just ... WOW ... to me. It gave me GoosePimples. (Sorry bad Rat Race reference)

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
I'm saying he's always moved fast enough to move a cup ;)

lookin at it that way, i definatley agree.

i guess im just sick and tired of seeing 'superboy' type powers, and want to see the true 'superman.'

I mean, lets see him move some 10 ton trucks with a finger!

boyscouT said:

Actually, this did cross my mind, and I agree with you. The script spoilers sort of confirm it as well, even though the idea as described never made it into the episode.

The spoilers established that Clark learned a few things while in the fortress, and during the fight with alien Ken and Barbie, he was shown to be stronger than they were - throwing them farther, the back flip thing, etc. In the episode as aired, he obviously did *something* to get away from the Phantom Zone portal. My personal belief is that it was a momentary burst of flight; there's a nifty quick camera zoom just before the scene cut to him standing behind the other Kryptonians.

Further evidence that he was in the process of getting stronger and learning new things while in the FOS was his being bathed in blinding light (ultimately, his source of power) and his acceptance to Jor-el "I know there's a lot I can learn from you." After Chloe was almost turned into a popsicle, Clark broke out of his "trance" and Jor-El said "You must continue your training" (or something along those lines.)

So yeah, I agree. The cup's movement and Chloe's reaction to it was the first indication to the audience, albeit a subtle one, that Clark had learned something new and was stronger/faster because of it.

AgentPat said:
My personal belief is that it was a momentary burst of flight; there's a nifty quick camera zoom just before the scene cut to him standing behind the other Kryptonians.

I agree, in fact I may have said it somewhere else. I watched that scene, alot of times, and he definitely moved himself forward, almost like the way he said he did in Vortex when he was trying to get to Lana and the truck. However, I think this time he did it with alot more skill and precision.

i sorta could see that also when he was escapin the phantom zone but thought to myself ehhh he didnt do anythin just pull himself forward

Over 500 posts - I think that warrants bumpage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"