Thor Ragnarok re-establishes Asgardians being actual gods?

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
When Hela is trash-talking Thor during their big confrontation she calls herself Goddess of Death, then mockingly asks him what he is the god of. Given that she and Thor know what they are (and there's only the two of them present) is this finally stating that the MCU Asgardians are indeed gods and not just an advanced alien race?

Edit: Also, at one point Odin reminds Thor that he's the God of Thunder, not the God of Hammers (love that line, btw!).

Last edited:
I think Odin, Thor, Hela and Heimdall are indeed gods. They are a step above every other asgardian, in terms of their power set, how they can manifest that power... The rest are just regular asgardians, warriors, common people... Valkyrie, Sif, The Warriors Three, Skurge... are asgardian warriors which are impressive in their own right.

I think in the beginning Marvel didn't want to fuss to much around with all the different pantheons, they likely wanted to make things more approachable and kind of semi-relatable i guess... But by Ragnarok they completely acknowledge that these where indeed "Gods". Those i mention in particular at least, the rest are just an alien race with highly developed tech but still living and looking very medieval like. At least that's how i look at it.

Okay, I guess that makes sense. And now (post-Dr Strange) with magic being 'real' in the MCU I guess they can run with it :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"