Thor SFX

Yeah, they've had experience with this kind of thing before. No worries.

It happens all the time though, doesnt it? Certain shots being outsourced to other companies?

Yeah, it's become pretty common, but it seems like some people are still surprised every time it happens for some reason

I didn't know it happened, but given the scope of the effects work for major films these days, it makes perfect sense.

yea i think i seen that for some big films. So all will probably be good.

I was not suprised that they hired another company.It's a pretty normal thing on films this big to have different outlets work on fx shots.

What i was wondering about is ILM's involvement since it's not been confirmed at least not officially.:o

Another thing I was thinking is that perhaps certain fx houses have certain areas of expertese.

You want the best lightning fx? Go to company A
You want the best landscape/scenery fx? Go to company B
And so on....................

Does that happen much?

Another thing I was thinking is that perhaps certain fx houses have certain areas of expertese.

You want the best lightning fx? Go to company A
You want the best landscape/scenery fx? Go to company B
And so on....................

Does that happen much?

it would make sense BB, some place would probably do some things better than others

yea i think it does happen like that for some places. i am sure certain places are more known for one thing over another.

ok so that makes another production house working on thor.
from their about page:
Luma Pictures is a full service visual effects facility located in Venice, California. The company is staffed by a phenomenal team of artists and operates the most efficient production pipeline in the industry. As a result, it consistently produces groundbreaking, artistically superior work and has compiled an enviable record for delivering projects on time and on budget.

Founded in 2002, Luma Pictures has contributed to more than 50 films. They include such blockbusters as Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and all three films in the Underworld series. Additionally, Luma has worked with the Coen Brothers on three films, including No Country for Old Men, the 2008 Oscar winner for Best Picture.

Luma Pictures' output encompasses virtually every subcategory of visual effects from three dimensional creatures to complex digital environments and sets. It has also worked extensively in atmospheric effects, fluid simulations, character transformations, cosmetic enhancements and matte paintings. Luma Pictures has the resources and experience to take on any challenge, regardless of its size, scope, nature or degree of difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"