Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by BigThor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I'd be highly surprised if this trailer hits before the end of April at the earliest.

2. Mrs. Sawyer

Mrs. Sawyer Well-Known Member

I'm expecting it to be released with Iron Man 3 at the earliest.

I hope too many people aren't freaking out about it. To put it in perspective, we didn't get a Skyfall trailers until late May and look how that movie did at the box office.

3. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

As I've done my best to try to not think too much about this movie I wouldn't really have a problem with waiting longer for the trailer. Waiting for this movie is just agony and when the trailer finally arrives there won't be much chance of me hiding from my own built up hype anymore.

I can't wait for the possibility of getting to see Thor really cut loose in a way he hasn't done yet in the MCU but should be able to do. While I want to see him do some spectacular weather control I'm mostly eager to see him do something huge with strength and with Mjolnir. Something that really shows how powerful he is, and what an incredible artifact Mjolnir is on top of that.

4. Mrs. Sawyer

Mrs. Sawyer Well-Known Member

I agree. I definitely want the scope of Thor to be bigger and not be hampered by building up to Avengers 2.

Feige has proven to be one of the smarter producers in Hollywood, so I'm sure that won't happen. He's making the smart and natural move by making each CBM series unique and distinct while exploring subgenres of Superhero movies.

5. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

That is a pretty fine line to walk though and already with the first movies we saw some differences. For example, Thor seemed to be more apt at using Mjolnir to fly in his own movie than in The Avengers.

That's also one reason why I'd like to see him as a physical powerhouse. With the flying I take it that there might be some feelings that he'll step too much on Iron Man's game and I just hope that they don't feel the same way about Thor in relation to Hulk and his thing.

6. FABSN13

FABSN13 Well-Known Member

It'd be awesome if we get to see a glimpse of a scene between Odin and Loki arguing about his actions in TA. Just like in Thor where he finds out his true parentage. Such a thrilling scene.

7. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

At the earliest? It's going to be attached to Iron Man 3 no matter what. It may come before that, or it may come exactly on May 3rd. But it's not going to come any later than that.

8. Donar

Donar Well-Known Member

Thumbs up to this post!

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I'm the most eager to see Thor's weather control and even bigger feats of physical strength. I think enough emphasis has been placed on Mjolnir, but I do want to see Mjolnir cause shockwaves or craters when hitting someone.

For example I'd like to see Thor lifting/throwing something extremely large, summoning huge wind/lightning storms.

10. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Yes, I too want the emphasis to be on Thor himself. My point about Mjolnir is meant to be what they are together, since the physical blows/throws aren't just Mjolnir itself but also Thor's strength. I want to see Thor lift something extremely large but I'd also like to see some huge impact moves, which are the most likely to be done with Mjolnir.

As said I think I'd be less anxious to see that if I wasn't worried that they are trying to balance out The Avengers, with I think further bottoms down to that Thor hasn't exactly been used well by every writer that's written him. But hopefully the Thor movies will portray Thor as good as they possibly can and then it's up to Whedon to make that fit.

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yeah, it's too perfect a marketing oppertunity to miss, using the current Avenger to promote the next Avenger & it fits IM3's promo timeline.

As you say, it's just a question of whether it'll be with IM3's US release or International release. My bet is the International.

12. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

It doesn't really matter in the gran schemes of things, late April is not too long of a wait.

13. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

April 2nd to end of april..that's a few weeks lol. When we've been getting excited for april 2nd, having to wait an extra few weeks certainly is painfully long. atleast for me lol.

I have no work tuesday, and no class, perfect day for a trailer :D

14. Aging Fangirl

Aging Fangirl slow slog to 1000 posts

If a trailer is attached to IM3 regardless of version, then New Zealand has a jump on us all (it opens there on 4/18 - lucky buggers). Here's the list of opening dates per IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/releaseinfo

And if they show trailers at those red carpet premier things (wouldn't know as I've never been invited :cmad:), then you can probably subtract another week or so from some of those dates. It's not too far off people!

15. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

exactly, thats my point.
    the movies comes out much earlier internationally, so trailer shouldn't have to wait till late April.

16. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

If there is an international trailer cooked up you bet that bootleg footage will be posted somewhere like Youtube.

17. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I feel the same way that's why I said I wanna see Mjolnir create shockwaves and craters during fights.

18. Aging Fangirl

Aging Fangirl slow slog to 1000 posts

Till Marvel snipers shoot it down.

But we're a persistent and resourceful lot. If there's a way to find it it will be found. :woot:

19. JB-the-Hunter

I'd love to see all of the Avengers at least slightly more powered up than they were in The Avengers.

Thor should have some strength feats, sure, but his should be different from Hulk type strength feats. Throwing cars and smashing through buildings is stuff I'd really only want to see Hulk do. I mean if he's lifting up a car to save someone's life then sure, but as a throwing weapon? Nah. I want Thor's strength to be shown in a more resourceful, unique and majestic way. Like say, some monster throws a giant boulder at Thor and then he just punches right through it. Thor's strength should look godly rather than beastly.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  20. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I fully agree. Hulk should just "SMASH" while Thor should have have some "cleaner" displays of strength.

I always felt that the animated Avengers show did a pretty good job of handling Thor's powers. He wasn't constantly just imposing his strength like Hulk would but he had some insane moments, like lowering Manhattan down safely. Not that I expect anything in the live action movies to be quite on that scale for any Avenger, but within it's own context it sets a good bar.

21. phlac

phlac Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  22. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Fake; but somebody put some effort into the vfx and title cards. C-

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Exactly, A:EMH Thor was the perfect power level especially in the second season. You right about not expecting live action Thor to be that strong, but I would like for him to be portrayed similarly on a smaller scale.

24. JB-the-Hunter

So the 23rd is pretty much when it's coming...

25. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

First Trailer CONFIRMED for April 23rd!