Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

I'd love to see all of the Avengers at least slightly more powered up than they were in The Avengers.

Thor should have some strength feats, sure, but his should be different from Hulk type strength feats. Throwing cars and smashing through buildings is stuff I'd really only want to see Hulk do. I mean if he's lifting up a car to save someone's life then sure, but as a throwing weapon? Nah. I want Thor's strength to be shown in a more resourceful, unique and majestic way. Like say, some monster throws a giant boulder at Thor and then he just punches right through it. Thor's strength should look godly rather than beastly.

Excellent points man.

The first trailer is only 4 days, I'm so pumped I don't know what to do!

4 days? I wonder how long the trailer will be.

4 days? I wonder how long the trailer will be.
Report at the "other site" said the British rating group put the trailer at roughly 1 min, 41 seconds. Shorter than the first IM3 trailer but probably still long enough to satiate our Thor hunger.

There better be Loki in this trailer, that's all I can say.

I hope Thor does a fair share of superhuman things, like flying, super jumps, power punches etc. Of course I want to see a few lightning attacks in there as well, maybe even summoning a big storm for the final scene.

The money shots in IM3's trailers weren't power displays, which should be the money shot in every Thor trailer. For instance, just think about how much of an impact Thor's jotunheim lightning smash made on audiences.

I hope Thor does a fair share of superhuman things, like flying, super jumps, power punches etc. Of course I want to see a few lightning attacks in there as well, maybe even summoning a big storm for the final scene.

The money shots in IM3's trailers weren't power displays, which should be the money shot in every Thor trailer. For instance, just think about how much of an impact Thor's jotunheim lightning smash made on audiences.

Verily! I am with you, BigThor!

tumblr_lzu177UrV61qaal4h.gif

Verily! I am with you, BigThor!

tumblr_lzu177UrV61qaal4h.gif

Yeah a Thor trailer without atleast one badass power display would just be out of character.

He's not just another superhero, he IS the God of Thunder after all.

Wow I didn't know the trailer is coming out very soon!

I can't wait!

As i was reading this i looked over at your avatar and saw thor beating the crap out of iron man with his bare hands. :woot: lol. I'm sure he'll have some really cool displays of strength. They oughtta let some of us fans sit on as consultants for the action scenes. :p We'd suck with story, but when it comes to the action the fans usually know what would be cool. I can tell Joss was a fan. :up:

For me, this trailer is all about how the aesthetic. I'm not particularly worried about the cast because their chemistry in the first film is the best in the MCU. But, I want to see a massive step up in aesthetic because I think this solo franchise has the most potential.

If Alan Taylor brings to the table what I think he will, oh boy...we might be in for something special.

As i was reading this i looked over at your avatar and saw thor beating the crap out of iron man with his bare hands. :woot: lol. I'm sure he'll have some really cool displays of strength. They oughtta let some of us fans sit on as consultants for the action scenes. :p We'd suck with story, but when it comes to the action the fans usually know what would be cool. I can tell Joss was a fan. :up:

Very true, I hope Thor peforms atleast one or two power punches in the film that sends his opponent soaring.

I'd also like a few super powered body slams, like the one he did on IM except leaving craters this time.

For me, this trailer is all about how the aesthetic. I'm not particularly worried about the cast because their chemistry in the first film is the best in the MCU. But, I want to see a massive step up in aesthetic because I think this solo franchise has the most potential.

If Alan Taylor brings to the table what I think he will, oh boy...we might be in for something special.

Agreed :up:

Stepping up the action, grittiness, and overall scale/scope is all Thor's franchise needs really.

Last edited:
Yes, it will be really interesting to see the more organic look that Taylor wanted to implement. It's a pretty significant task to make it seem both more "realistic" and gritty and at the same time make the conflict and powers even more fantastical and epic, but if he pulls it off it will be amazing.

The prospect of having a chance to see great environments, an epic threat and Thor and Loki working together makes it hard to wait. It would be awesome to see Thor doing some iconic feats of power and Loki getting to show more of his mystical knowledge, bound together by the chemistry between the actors.

Mjölnir;25653063 said:
Yes, it will be really interesting to see the more organic look that Taylor wanted to implement. It's a pretty significant task to make it seem both more "realistic" and gritty and at the same time make the conflict and powers even more fantastical and epic, but if he pulls it off it will be amazing.

The prospect of having a chance to see great environments, an epic threat and Thor and Loki working together makes it hard to wait. It would be awesome to see Thor doing some iconic feats of power and Loki getting to show more of his mystical knowledge, bound together by the chemistry between the actors.

Hell yeah, that would be tops and from the sounds of it we're probably going to get both of those.

I hope the trailer is dope .... I hope they show a little of Loki on how he was locked up when they get to thor planet

Mjölnir;25653063 said:

This is what I'm hoping to see.

I just want a shot of Tom Hiddleston in costume and I'll be happy. Throw in Kat Dennings and I'll be ecstatic.

does anyone know what time and where it is premiering?

Edit: Itunes premiere

The trailer was truly marvelous. Looks like the scope of this is going to be huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"