Thor's power level

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by BigThor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Re: "is Thor 2 bigger or more grounded", I suspect both interview statements are correct. They are just talking about different things. Its "more grounded" in that they delve more into the Asgardians as people, both individually and as a society. I believe Taylor said he planned to show more of the "average Asgardian" as they live, rather than all the royalty and their heroic comrades. And its "bigger" in the sense that the heroes of the movie are still *gods*, fighting mythical foes in grand battles at fantastic locales.

2. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

It is strawmaning my argument as it misrepresents my position.

3. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

No it's not. The part you quoted even specifically explains that it was in addition to a question. Me asking a question means that I wanted to hear your reasoning as to why he'd be limited from doing one show but not another. Something you of course still avoided to answer to instead go on about the strawman accusation, which seems less than productive to me.

That's of course unless you felt that you answered it with your second post, which would lead me to have other disagreements. The grounded feel of GoT isn't Sword and Sorcery, things like Conan the Barbarian is.

4. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I don't know your full take on the matter yet, but I wouldn't worry, I think we will see Thor using a more powers than what we've seen

5. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Some can. :woot:

6. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

No worries, I understand all too well the instinct to not always assume the best intent since the Internet is full of less than pleasant people.

7. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Don't make me give you all warnings! I made a special thread for Thor vs Supes talk.

8. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I apologize if this path of the convo seemed to get heated. I thought we were all being civil. But as a MOD I know you have to keep the peace. I will take some time off from posting about this "power" issue. I just want to state again, I only bring these things up because I want as good film for Thor as can be. Something to satisfy myself and others. I was hoping that what I was contributing was not coming across as just "rah rah, my guy is best" stuff, but it appears I was wrong. For that I am sorry.

9. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder